Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie @ PK???

Posted By: Rshifflett

Crappie @ PK??? - 04/17/18 06:24 PM

I have not fished much at pk but the few times i have was uneventful this year. Anyone have any advice for locating some crappie, i have no clue with this crazy weather we are having. Is the spawn over? I did catch a few at rock creek about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but went up to cedar creek and a few feeder creeks and nothing.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Crappie @ PK??? - 04/17/18 06:50 PM

I’d hazard to say not started if you’re not getting any in the shallows. That or they’re downing deeper in the clear water

Re: Crappie @ PK??? - 04/17/18 07:23 PM

I have no clue, all i can do is keep at it.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Crappie @ PK??? - 04/18/18 02:53 PM

I caught them under docks in 50 feet of water this past week. Water temp was 62 yesterday. Two weeks ago we were catching the males shallow. I think the cold fronts set it all back. I heard a plausible rumor that people were having some luck at Willow beach.

Re: Crappie @ PK??? - 04/19/18 09:53 PM

Might go try this evening before the rains start tomorrow night.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Crappie @ PK??? - 04/20/18 02:42 PM

for PK, shallow is 5-10 feet. In Cedar creek you should be able to sight fish crappie at that depth. When I was catching crappie at PK using a jig and bobber a few weeks back before the fronts my bobber was set at 5 feet deep.

For every crappie I caught 5 bass. Some of them were whoppers.

Re: Crappie @ PK??? - 04/20/18 09:18 PM

Very nice, im going to go try today after work if the wind will lay a little.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Crappie @ PK??? - 04/25/18 06:25 PM

Rock Creek...........
Posted By: Sumfish

Re: Crappie @ PK??? - 04/26/18 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: snake oil
Rock Creek...........

Ditto from what I've heard.
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Crappie @ PK??? - 04/26/18 05:07 PM

Went up rock creek 2 days ago, caught 3, several others were up there and some caught none others 2 each. Not very productive. Water temp was near 70° so would think spawn is over. I am not saying you will not do any good, just throwing out my observation. I will be going back, as I like that end of lake. Will also be trying Cedar Creek area by the State Park.

Re: Crappie @ PK??? - 04/26/18 06:12 PM

Went to Vealle creek last saturday around lunch time and only caught a couple LMB no crappie.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Crappie @ PK??? - 05/01/18 04:26 PM

We are catching them at Lake Graham in 8'to 10' inside boat slip on my friends dock between 12 noon and 3pm on minnows....

Re: Crappie @ PK??? - 05/02/18 03:24 PM

Thanks Snake Oil, a friend and i did manage to catch 37 keepers on lake graham last Sunday took most of the day and caught tons of 8 to 9-3/4" dinks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum