Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Travis night trip

Posted By: Harleyrockstar

Lake Travis night trip - 04/10/18 06:46 PM

Went out for a last minute trip on Travis last night. Water temp was 66 on the sonar and we did not find any large schools of fish. The fish we did catch were deep, 30 feet on average and hugging the bottom. Think these recent cold fronts have things off. Managed 16 all on ATX lures using a 1/8 to 1/16 ounce jig head. Dark colored plastics did best. All the females I cleaned still had eggs and the males were dark. Shout out to JKR-06 for meeting up with me at the last minute. Always better to fish with a friend at night to keep you awake!

Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Lake Travis night trip - 04/10/18 07:34 PM

thumb Awesome!
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Lake Travis night trip - 04/10/18 08:15 PM

They were probably on their spawning beds... stir

Good job, getting on a bit of nighttime action! woot
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Lake Travis night trip - 04/10/18 09:41 PM

Nice! Love that night fishing
Posted By: Heath419

Re: Lake Travis night trip - 04/10/18 09:50 PM

Nice!!!
Posted By: Harleyrockstar

Re: Lake Travis night trip - 04/10/18 11:35 PM

[quote=crapicat]They were probably on their spawning beds... stir

Lol. Stirring the pot I see. Travis is it's own animal. Fishes unlike any other lake in Central Texas. I have only caught one "shallow" crappie there and he was hanging out in 8 feet of water. Usually have to be fishing 22 feet or deeper in my experience. But I would be happy to tag along with anyone who can catch them shalllow on Travis!

If I drive to Granger, i can catch them hanging right on the bank in 10 inches of water. Water is too clear on Travis to do that.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Travis night trip - 04/11/18 01:41 AM

Nice fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Lake Travis night trip - 04/11/18 02:30 AM

thumb thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum