Texas Fishing Forum

A fun Good Friday on Cedar Creek

Posted By: Bud B

A fun Good Friday on Cedar Creek - 03/31/18 08:25 PM

We launched the boat about 7:15 yesterday morning, and spent the day on Cedar Creek. We parked right next to Lane Palmer's rig, and when we came in to load up, Lane was busy cleaning a monster mess of crappie. We didn't catch nearly as many as he did, but we had a great day. Bobbi had never fished with a jig and bobber before, so first thing, I stopped at a nothing looking spot a ways in front my prime water, to show her how we were going to be using what was like a cane pole technique to catch fish. I figured that way, she could get in a few casts (or more accurately, flips, I guess) before we got to the thick cover where the fish really were.

I took the rod I had rigged for her, and described exactly what I was doing as I swung the jig and bobber out into the water. The instant the bobber hit the water, it shot under, and I reeled in a nice one pound female crappie. We laughed about that demo all day, and proceeded to catch a nice mess of fish. Shallow and muddy is a good pattern on Cedar Creek right now.

Posted By: pop r

Re: A fun Good Friday on Cedar Creek - 03/31/18 08:49 PM

thumb Nice post Bud. I've always enjoyed reading your post. I'll see back on the lake don't catch them all.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: A fun Good Friday on Cedar Creek - 03/31/18 09:03 PM

WTG cheers
Posted By: crapicat

Re: A fun Good Friday on Cedar Creek - 03/31/18 10:03 PM

Good to hear from you Bud...so, if I get over that way are you ready to go fishing? If so, I will be making it happen REAL QUICK!

BTW, she is a much better looking fisher than you! But then I would be biased... stir
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum