Texas Fishing Forum

Good day in rough conditions

Posted By: Jacob

Good day in rough conditions - 03/31/18 12:00 AM

Went to Lake Nac this morning with Ranger-188’s son. It was 46° with 65° water temp. Strong Northeast wind at a steady 15mph. Lake was 2-3 ft above pool, muddy, and dropping. Couldn’t get a bite in the muddy water. Had to go south where things were a little clearer. We got 27 keepers in the boat with lots of throwbacks. All fish were caught on brush in 22-32 FOW on jigs and jigging spoons.

Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Good day in rough conditions - 03/31/18 03:26 AM

Naconiche or Nacogdoches?

Re: Good day in rough conditions - 03/31/18 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
Naconiche or Nacogdoches?

Nacogdoches
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Good day in rough conditions - 03/31/18 04:15 AM

Nice fish. Good job on some tough conditions. thumb
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Good day in rough conditions - 03/31/18 05:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Jacob
Went to Lake Nac this morning with Ranger-188’s son. It was 46° with 65° water temp. Strong Northeast wind at a steady 15mph. Lake was 2-3 ft above pool, muddy, and dropping. Couldn’t get a bite in the muddy water. Had to go south where things were a little clearer. We got 27 keepers in the boat with lots of throwbacks. All fish were caught on brush in 22-32 FOW on jigs and jigging spoons.

So by the pics, they must have been on deep spawning beds! I wouldn’t complain too much...
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Good day in rough conditions - 03/31/18 05:32 AM

Nice pescado pic! thumb
Posted By: jiggerman

Re: Good day in rough conditions - 03/31/18 03:28 PM

I know'd you were going to wear out that ol' ironing board with all the fish you have been catching.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Good day in rough conditions - 03/31/18 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat

So by the pics, they must have been on deep spawning beds! I wouldn’t complain too much...

CANT BE MAN, they just arent spawning this year. you sound like that dang leanin post fella, crappie spawnin deep.. AS IF...
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Good day in rough conditions - 03/31/18 05:16 PM

GOOD JOB !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtolv9kM1qk

Re: Good day in rough conditions - 03/31/18 05:23 PM

I’ve come to the conclusion that all the crappie on my lake are homosexuals.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Good day in rough conditions - 03/31/18 05:37 PM

I’ve come to the conclusion that all the crappie on my lake are homosexuals.

They must be reading all those articles from the internet set...Hollywood and New York magazine types!
roflmao roflmao

Whatever you do...catch them all out and cause they won’t reproduce!
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Good day in rough conditions - 03/31/18 09:08 PM

Good job Jacob! clap
Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: Good day in rough conditions - 04/01/18 02:29 PM

You young guns don't have any pity on us old men! Got to get this motor working! Going to miss it if I don't hurry!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum