Texas Fishing Forum

3N | Crappie Tip

Posted By: Three Nails Guide

3N | Crappie Tip - 03/26/18 04:21 PM

Posted By: leanin post

Re: 3N | Crappie Tip - 03/26/18 04:48 PM

good tip Mark. you know I noticed that too, getting that first one to bite is hardest.
I started using the crappie nibbles with sparkles on them after I discovered something watching my pet crappie in a fish tank years ago. when the crappie would eat a minnow, when he had it in his mouth, the scales would come off of the minnow, float upward, and create kind of a glitter effect. I dont know if the scales come off due to the crappie working the minnow down his throat or what, but this descaling of the minnow happened every time. I started buy the silver bullet crappie nibbles covered in the silver glitter, and they help get the fish biting sometimes.
white bass regurgitate partially digested food for fresh live food, but im not sure if crappie do that as well. something definitely triggers the feed mechasnism though, just as you can put a pinch of goldfish food in an aquarium, and all of the fish seem to go crazy in an instant,after the first fish finds it, fighting over the crumbs.
I have also heard the theory that crappie feed in mini cycles, and its just a matter of waiting them out, or just luck of the draw, to get there during a feed cycle. lots of things to ponder.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: 3N | Crappie Tip - 03/26/18 07:59 PM

Thanks for the tip thumb
Posted By: DOFC

Re: 3N | Crappie Tip - 03/27/18 12:00 PM

Great tip from a great guide laugh
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: 3N | Crappie Tip - 03/27/18 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: leanin post
good tip Mark. you know I noticed that too, getting that first one to bite is hardest.
I started using the crappie nibbles with sparkles on them after I discovered something watching my pet crappie in a fish tank years ago. when the crappie would eat a minnow, when he had it in his mouth, the scales would come off of the minnow, float upward, and create kind of a glitter effect. I dont know if the scales come off due to the crappie working the minnow down his throat or what, but this descaling of the minnow happened every time. I started buy the silver bullet crappie nibbles covered in the silver glitter, and they help get the fish biting sometimes.
white bass regurgitate partially digested food for fresh live food, but im not sure if crappie do that as well. something definitely triggers the feed mechasnism though, just as you can put a pinch of goldfish food in an aquarium, and all of the fish seem to go crazy in an instant,after the first fish finds it, fighting over the crumbs.
I have also heard the theory that crappie feed in mini cycles, and its just a matter of waiting them out, or just luck of the draw, to get there during a feed cycle. lots of things to ponder.

I keep a jar of glitter nibbles in the boat for whoever is fishing with me. I use chartreuse nibbles and they go home covered in glitter. roflmao
Posted By: crapicat

Re: 3N | Crappie Tip - 03/27/18 12:47 PM

Thanks for the tip, especially useful when trying to unhinge those tight lipped crappie...kind of reminds me of some of the menner tricks we used to employ, back in the day... cheers
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: 3N | Crappie Tip - 03/28/18 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Three Nails Guide
WHY IS IT I CANT WATCH THIS ????
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 3N | Crappie Tip - 03/28/18 11:28 PM

Good stuff! thumb
Posted By: Jerod Pontello

Re: 3N | Crappie Tip - 03/28/18 11:50 PM

Thanks for the help
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum