Texas Fishing Forum

Things are getting good on Lake Nacogdoches

Posted By: Jacob

Things are getting good on Lake Nacogdoches - 03/25/18 01:04 AM

Fished with George (Ranger-188-2007) today at lake Nac. I think we caught fish at every pile we stopped at. We even got the first crappie off of one of the new piles I just sunk. George got his first double on his tandem rig. If I told y’all that we caught them in 18-28 FOW it would probably start a riot, so I’m not going to tell you that. I’m also not going to tell you that some of them were caught on grass beds in 18 FOW. So don’t ask me, cuz I ain’t sayin’ nothin’! Most fish were suspended in the 10-15ft range, but a few of the larger white crappie came right off bottom. 34 keepers total with probably 15 throwbacks. Water temp was 65° with a hefty SE wind at 15mph and spitting rain. All were caught on jigs with crappie nibbles.

Posted By: pop r

Re: Things are getting good on Lake Nacogdoches - 03/25/18 01:31 AM

clap Nicely done guys. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Things are getting good on Lake Nacogdoches - 03/25/18 02:11 AM

WTG Jacob thumb
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Things are getting good on Lake Nacogdoches - 03/25/18 02:27 AM

If you said it I believe it...but I think your graph may be reading about 15' off like someone else on here... hahaha... sometimes them fish will set residency in a new pile quick.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Things are getting good on Lake Nacogdoches - 03/25/18 03:23 AM

Nice photos Jacob!

We ended up with about 35 good keepers today. My neighbor Doug had slab-o-the-day. The photos don't do her justice. She was a chunk.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Things are getting good on Lake Nacogdoches - 03/25/18 04:30 AM

Nice fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Things are getting good on Lake Nacogdoches - 03/25/18 06:11 AM

WTG cheers
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Things are getting good on Lake Nacogdoches - 03/25/18 06:40 AM

14" says enough for me! thumb
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Things are getting good on Lake Nacogdoches - 03/25/18 09:43 AM

Good day, indeed...nice pics!

Say, Jacob, tell me about the eggs in the females...
Posted By: Jacob

Re: Things are getting good on Lake Nacogdoches - 03/25/18 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By: crapicat

George cleaned them. He said every one of them were females and the eggs looked like they needed another 2 Weeks.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Things are getting good on Lake Nacogdoches - 03/25/18 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Jacob
Originally Posted By: crapicat

George cleaned them. He said every one of them were females and the eggs looked like they needed another 2 Weeks.

Cool, thanks...thought about pulling a boat out yesterday, didn’t...should have...
Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: Things are getting good on Lake Nacogdoches - 03/25/18 02:04 PM

Yep from the looks of them, I think another 2-3 weeks and it should be on. I think those fish were just staging almost ready to move up! Great trip. Now to save up for a spot lock!
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Things are getting good on Lake Nacogdoches - 03/25/18 05:55 PM

abt 3 weeks ago, they were nowhere to be found, you were fishing shallow water, and nothing. after I told you to look deeper, even though you were skeptical, you did, and look what your catching.
the fish will not move shallower unless the water becomes very stained and nutrient rich.
look at it this way, they will spawn as shallow as can , or as deep as they must.
After many years of fishing spawn on several lakes, I have NEVER caught big males and females shallow. I call shallow 5 feet or less.
now you can whack them all spawn!! fish
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Things are getting good on Lake Nacogdoches - 03/25/18 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: leanin post
abt 3 weeks ago, they were nowhere to be found, you were fishing shallow water, and nothing. after I told you to look deeper, even though you were skeptical, you did, and look what your catching.
the fish will not move shallower unless the water becomes very stained and nutrient rich.
look at it this way, they will spawn as shallow as can , or as deep as they must.
After many years of fishing spawn on several lakes, I have NEVER caught big males and females shallow. I call shallow 5 feet or less.
now you can whack them all spawn!! fish

Thank you for allowing your knowledge to spill onto us.
bow_down
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum