Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo question

Posted By: bush hog

Caddo question - 03/18/18 01:57 PM

Caddo fishermen.... would I do better to put in at the state park and fish the river or put in at Johnsons? Don't know much about Caddo but it's supposed to be windy next couple days and thought Caddo would be a good option for crappie. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: CrappieXpress

Re: Caddo question - 03/18/18 02:20 PM

Put in at Johnson’s or shady glade for sure. It’s way closer to most of the lake than the state park and you’ll have to do less driving. Launch is 5$. Caddo is always a good option in the wind as there’s always somewhere to get out of the wind.
Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: Caddo question - 03/18/18 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: CrappieXpress
Put in at Johnson’s or shady glade for sure. It’s way closer to most of the lake than the state park and you’ll have to do less driving. Launch is 5$. Caddo is always a good option in the wind as there’s always somewhere to get out of the wind.

This
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Caddo question - 03/18/18 11:55 PM

I haven't been to Caddo since I got my CC boat. I remember there being a low bridge between the state park and the main lake. If I launch at Johnson's will I avoid the low bridge? My T-Top is great for shade in the summer, but not great for all bridges.

Re: Caddo question - 03/19/18 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
I haven't been to Caddo since I got my CC boat. I remember there being a low bridge between the state park and the main lake. If I launch at Johnson's will I avoid the low bridge? My T-Top is great for shade in the summer, but not great for all bridges.

I believe you are referring to the old wooden bridge between Johnson’s and the state park on the river channel. You should be good to go if you launch at Johnson’s. I don’t think you’d have any problems getting under it even if you wanted to go under it as it’s fairly high off the water.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Caddo question - 03/19/18 05:16 AM

Originally Posted By: bush hog
Caddo fishermen.... would I do better to put in at the state park and fish the river or put in at Johnsons? Don't know much about Caddo but it's supposed to be windy next couple days and thought Caddo would be a good option for crappie. Any help would be appreciated.

Bush hog...this is so wrong on so many levels...Troy, did your phone ring? hmmm Mine didn’t either...could you please explain why he didn’t invite us to go? Seriously, my phone never rang... stir popcorn2

Re: Caddo question - 03/19/18 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat

Bush hog...this is so wrong on so many levels...Troy, did your phone ring? hmmm Mine didn’t either...could you please explain why he didn’t invite us to go? Seriously, my phone never rang... stir popcorn2

Sorry, my dog ate my phone. nannyboo Doesn't look like I'm going to make it over there this week anyway. hammer
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Caddo question - 03/19/18 01:26 PM

what makes you think he didn't call me?...he is my mentor, friend, and yoga instructor....plus he buys all the minners...you must stink or something. loco

Re: Caddo question - 03/20/18 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: TroyKing

what makes you think he didn't call me?...he is my mentor, friend, and yoga instructor....plus he buys all the minners...you must stink or something. loco

Ohhh, I get it...it’s because I would complain about menners on the boat...well , that and I would probably catching fish faster without the need to chase them menners around the bucket!...SO, now I know why MY phone didnt ring...I think I would rather follow crappieexpress around anyway...cause he is PROVIDING INFORMATION...just saying, gonna have to follow the caddo lead dog... woot roflmao

Re: Caddo question - 03/20/18 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: TroyKing

Ohhh, I get it...it’s because I would complain about menners on the boat...well , that and I would probably catching fish faster without the need to chase them menners around the bucket!...SO, now I know why MY phone didnt ring...I think I would rather follow crappieexpress around anyway...cause he is PROVIDING INFORMATION...just saying, gonna have to follow the caddo lead dog... woot roflmao

Ohhh man this is getting good!!! Looking forward to the lake x get together..... I just hope bush hog leaves us a few to make the day interesting.

Re: Caddo question - 03/20/18 01:04 AM

Ole bush hog threw us a diversion on the other thread...gave us a link to all those BASS attractors on that lake...I’m guessing he is gonna show up on one first rattle out of the box and slink off towards the bathrooms, only to disappear to his BIG CRAPPIE holes after everyone else has started working those BASS attractors..that bush hog is a sly one... stir bolt

Re: Caddo question - 03/20/18 01:09 AM

Ole bush hog threw us a diversion on the other thread...gave us a link to all those BASS attractors on that lake...I’m guessing he is gonna show up on one first rattle out of the box and slink off towards the bathrooms, only to disappear to his BIG CRAPPIE holes after everyone else has started working those BASS attractors..that bush hog is a sly one... stir bolt

I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve for ole lake X I just hope they produce like usual. Should be a good time nonetheless!

Re: Caddo question - 03/20/18 01:41 AM

dainget boy!!! He is most definitely a master of subterfuge and diversionary tactics.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Caddo question - 03/20/18 01:49 AM

I’d put in at Crips

Re: Caddo question - 03/20/18 02:18 AM

Yea, I know...but the real kicker is that, just that when you look at him, he just sits there hardly ever moving all the while looking so innocent ...I mean you would never suspect him of a thing...??? What’s up with that?..

king

Re: Caddo question - 03/20/18 02:45 AM

Ya gonna have to re-set the range on your depth finders....it's starting to get pretty deep around here. hooked

Re: Caddo question - 03/20/18 02:50 AM

Ya gonna have to re-set the range on your depth finders....it's starting to get pretty deep around here. hooked

Yea, I wear knee boots and chest boots around here foe sure...

Hey bushhog, you ever actually catch any fish on them Bass Attractors?

Re: Caddo question - 03/20/18 03:11 AM

I hope he does....or we may be eating grinnel at the get together😋

Re: Caddo question - 03/20/18 10:45 AM

How much fish you think we would need for a good fish fry (with leftovers?)

Re: Caddo question - 03/20/18 11:46 AM

How much fish you think we would need for a good fish fry (with leftovers?)
don't know.. I need to start a thread and get a for sure head count.

Re: Caddo question - 03/20/18 09:43 PM

Let's just say I've never caught any bass on them. peep

Re: Caddo question - 03/21/18 02:48 AM

Let's just say I've never caught any bass on them. peep

It was very apparent they were bass attractors, all on the points...then I got to looking in the credits, and it was right there in my face...soooo, I had the perfect opportunity to point out that fact...hey, I ENJOY ditch pickle on the half shell more than most...and better than all those on the dark side! grill
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum