Texas Fishing Forum

Guide Report Waco & Tradinghouse

Posted By: Waco Kid

Guide Report Waco & Tradinghouse - 03/15/18 12:22 PM

So it's been a wile scene I've done a report. I've been really busy on a construction job I had but it's finished now and it's time to get back to doing what I do best FISHING FOR CRAPPIE...
Tradinghouse... Lake is about 3' low, Crappie are starting to show up on brush. Been catching both males and females in <10 fow. Most of the reeds are high and dry so don't even bother looking their. the afternoon bite has been HOT. Limits are pretty easy get. The fish are hitting aggressively on the fall just pitch your jig to the brush, count to 10 and THUMP! Heres a few from resent trips to Tradinghouse.

Now as for Lake Waco... I went yesterday to do some scouting. Put in at Koehne park and headed south to some spring honey holes. They are starting to do their thing. I caught them in 2-6 fow in the S. Bosque and Hog Creek. Brake out the long jig poles and have a blast! I only fished for a cupple houres and managed to get 10 beauties.

I have openings available for some awesome fishing on both these lakes. You can book a trip with WK Guide Service by calling 254-315-3999

Thanks everyone and tight lines.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Guide Report Waco & Tradinghouse - 03/15/18 12:50 PM

Awesome post! woot
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Guide Report Waco & Tradinghouse - 03/15/18 01:51 PM

good job Dean!! thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Guide Report Waco & Tradinghouse - 03/15/18 11:21 PM

Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Guide Report Waco & Tradinghouse - 03/16/18 01:01 PM

Thanks Kid, appreciate the info...was thinking about doing a reed fishing trip, guess I won’t now...may slip off toward Waco though...if you come up with a scouting trip special, I might be able slip off down that way...and help you scout some places...
Posted By: rbadley

Re: Guide Report Waco & Tradinghouse - 03/17/18 01:43 AM

Ended with 25 today. All caught on brush with a purple/chartreuse jig. Best depth was brush in 15’. We need some rain or we only have about a month or so left with that boat ramp. At least with my 22’ boat.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Guide Report Waco & Tradinghouse - 03/18/18 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: rbadley
Ended with 25 today. All caught on brush with a purple/chartreuse jig. Best depth was brush in 15’. We need some rain or we only have about a month or so left with that boat ramp. At least with my 22’ boat.

does that ramp drop off at the end, or just ends, im concerned abt launching my 19 footer , may have to just buy a shorter boat. or go with Dean. thumb

Re: Guide Report Waco & Tradinghouse - 03/18/18 03:19 AM

You’ll be fine for awhile with a 19’. Just trim the motor up
Posted By: JKeller

Re: Guide Report Waco & Tradinghouse - 03/18/18 11:39 AM

Thank you for the report on Lake Waco and Tradinghouse. Love to hear about both of these, not near enough feedback.
Posted By: Waco Kid

Re: Guide Report Waco & Tradinghouse - 03/18/18 11:40 AM

Got some big rain over there last night. Hopefully the lake came up a few inches.

Re: Guide Report Waco & Tradinghouse - 03/18/18 03:51 PM

Hopefully! I’ll be back next weekend.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum