Texas Fishing Forum

lake o pines

Posted By: pondguy

lake o pines - 03/14/18 01:53 PM

Here on spring break and trying to get the kids on some crappie. Lake is way high from all the rain
Any tips on where we might find them? Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: 410MAN

Re: lake o pines - 03/14/18 04:31 PM

Are you camped out ? if so what area. Do u have boat?

Re: lake o pines - 03/14/18 08:19 PM

Yes at alley creek. Have a boat just not finding
any crappie. Just a few bass
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: lake o pines - 03/14/18 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: pondguy
Yes at alley creek. Have a boat just not finding
any crappie. Just a few bass
Have you looked on the TPWD page for LOP ? They have PVC Cubes and Plastic Tree Top fish attractors all over that lake with over half of them in proximity to Alley Creek Park where you are camped out. They also have the coordinates to them on the page so you can download them onto you unit! Cmon Captn.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: lake o pines - 03/14/18 11:43 PM

Fishing is tough up there right now. I would fish flooded brush, lay downs and grass. Just keep moving until you find them. Ally, Johnson, hurricane and brushy creek is right there. Pick one and go with it. That’s about the best advice I can give you with the lake still 8’ high.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: lake o pines - 03/15/18 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Pintail711
Fishing is tough up there right now. I would fish flooded brush, lay downs and grass. Just keep moving until you find them. Ally, Johnson, hurricane and brushy creek is right there. Pick one and go with it. That’s about the best advice I can give you with the lake still 8’ high.
Are they releasing any h2o @ the dam?

Re: lake o pines - 03/15/18 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Fishbonz

Not much.

Re: lake o pines - 03/15/18 09:37 PM

Let us know if you find any fish. I haven’t heard anyone catching and I haven’t been up there in over a week.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: lake o pines - 03/15/18 09:46 PM

I would load up and go to Sandlin if your goal was catching crappie right now! Pines is gonna be a mess for a while I would imagine!

Re: lake o pines - 03/16/18 02:54 AM

Found a few scattered behind the bridge in Alley. Not a big secret as it seems to be the only place most people are finding fish right now. I’m sure there are guys that are on them good but we never found them.
Had 7 on day 2 with nothing but bass on day 1.
Posted By: EtexSkeeter

Re: lake o pines - 03/18/18 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishbonz

Not much.

👆🏻Not accurate....gates are wide open releasing 3000 cfs and have been for a week.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum