Texas Fishing Forum

Saying Thank You

Posted By: Sirjet

Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 01:03 PM

I want to tell everyone that has ever said Thank You to a serviceman or woman on TFF. That it might seem small to you. But it really helps me and makes me feel good for the service that I have done. There are so many Military and Policemen and Firemen that makes it another day just cause they see a Thank You. So to you THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 01:15 PM

NO...THANK YOU! flag
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat
NO...THANK YOU! flag
+1
Posted By: mayor (crappiepete)

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 01:32 PM

Thanks to all Our Service personnel....Appreciate your service.... flag
Posted By: THarris22

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 01:59 PM

To all service men and women , and first responders. THANK YOU!!
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 02:07 PM

Thank you for you service and sacrifice soldier
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 02:45 PM

flag When I signed up in 1969, it was a different time. I didn't think about service or sacrifice, it was something we all had to do, one way or another.
I was mesmerized by the Air Force. I couldn't afford college, and the Air Force was all I could think about. I still remember watching Superbowl and leaving the next day with 3 buddies for Lackland AFB. I loved the job, the people, the rank and file, and the feeling we got for some
of the things we did.
When people tell me, "Thank you for your service" they don't know that for me it was a great life. And I do appreciate the acknowledgement, but
For those that served, and gave the ultimate sacrifice, I say "Thank You", to the families, moms and dads, wives and husbands,.. flag
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 04:18 PM

As a Military Veteran myself Yes it really does make me feel special to receive recognition!
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 05:19 PM

Thank you JIM SR and Fishbonz and thank you again Sirjet and every woman and man that served our country and that is still out there sacrificing there lives for us. flag
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Sirjet
I want to tell everyone that has ever said Thank You to a serviceman or woman on TFF. That it might seem small to you. But it really helps me and makes me feel good for the service that I have done. There are so many Military and Policemen and Firemen that makes it another day just cause they see a Thank You. So to you THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannot emphasize enough the above. 1967 never gave it a thought but simply enlisted to do what I though at the time, and still firmly believe today, was what was expected of me during such threats to our and other citizens freedoms. The unseen physical and emotional baggage most vets carry are eased greatly with a simple thank you!

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 05:46 PM

Pot Licker. I started this because you told Me THANK YOU. It made me feel good to hear that from a person I have never met. But yet I felt it. Thanks Guy and Gals. I think the best people are here on the Texas Fishing Forum.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Finaddict
Originally Posted By: Sirjet

Cannot emphasize enough the above. 1967 never gave it a thought but simply enlisted to do what I though at the time, and still firmly believe today, was what was expected of me during such threats to our and other citizens freedoms. The unseen physical and emotional baggage most vets carry are eased greatly with a simple thank you!
AMEN BROTHER!!!
Posted By: Glenn54

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 09:05 PM

Thanks for your service Sirjet and all the other veterans on this website. USAF 73-77

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 09:24 PM

We always joke about the other services. But Thank You for Your Service. I am 10 years behind you 87-91 United States Marine Corps.
Posted By: rayb53

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 09:28 PM

We had a Lt. Col. give a speech at our sales and service meeting, on how no matter the detailed plans you make the first contact those plans are obsolete. He was with the First Cav. in Iraq in 2004. I wanted the opinion of a military person on how I thought disbanding the Iraqi army was a mistake. He agreed, it is their S.H. country they should protect it. I told him I was proud that the guys and ladies today can wear their uniforms in public, and we in the late 60s and early 70s were advised against it. He said he hoped that with the change that we, of the Viet Nam, era could take some satisfaction in it. It doesn't bother as much because I was lucky enough to never take the Tropical Tour. Those that did deserved better.

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 09:32 PM

Agreed rayb53. They deserve much more. The sacrificed a lot. And very few supported them back then.
Posted By: Yecats

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 10:21 PM

flag
Posted By: Big_CatEM

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/14/18 10:25 PM

I'm with the others. All thanks goes to you guys (the military).
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Saying Thank You - 03/15/18 03:34 AM

Thank You for your service and sacrifice Sirjet. As well as, all the other service personnel, peace officers, fire fighters and paramedics. Each and every one of us are blessed to live in a country with the freedoms that we have because of those who have served.

Here are a couple of my Uncle who was a Marine and my Dad who was in the Navy a few years later.

William F. Edwards
July 9,1925 - July 21, 1944. He was killed by a mortar round on the island of Guam just a couple weeks after his 19th birthday. I am saddened that I never had the honor to have met him, and from listening to my dad talk about him for the very few precious years he was a mortal on this earth he was a man that was a "man's man". RIP Uncle Bill.

George F. Edwards
January 18, 1928 - August 3, 2012.

Dad served in the Navy as an electrician after the war and was one of two servicemen in charge of rebuilding the electrical lines on the Island of Saipan. The irony of this is that Saipan and Guam are only about 90 miles from each other. On his was to Saipan, dad had a stopover on Guam and was actually able to find his brothers' temporary gravesite. Upon his return some 18 months later he had the same stopover but was unable to locate the site, it had been removed. Upon returning home my dad and his mom got word that Billy's body was on it's way home and it showed up about 2 weeks later. It took my dad years to open up and talk about Billy's death. He had lost his real dad when he was about 3 and then to loose his older and only brother who he looked up to when he was 16 really took a toll on him.

Below is a needle point of a letter that my Uncle sent to my dad just a few months before his death. Just the tone of the letter has and eerie feeling, one that my Uncle could almost tell that he wasn't coming out alive. We still have many, many letters between my Grandmother and Uncle Billy with a good portion of them unopened and unread from 1944. After hearing of her sons death my Grandmother elected not to open any letters that she received after. Keep in mind that in those days letters might not get delivered for months after they were written

>E
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum