Texas Fishing Forum

Zoom tiny flukes

Posted By: CrappieXpress

Zoom tiny flukes - 03/09/18 10:29 PM

Does anyone here use the tiny flukes? They are 3” baits and I find that later in the year once the shad have gotten larger I can trigger bigger fish to bite these as opposed to conventional jig bodies. I don’t get as many bites but the quality difference is noticeable.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Zoom tiny flukes - 03/09/18 10:43 PM

I make my own that are essentially a 2.25" jointed fluke that I use year around and then go to a 3' tadpole when I want a larger profile.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Zoom tiny flukes - 03/10/18 01:28 AM

Yep.. smoke color with green blue and silver specs works for me with a spray of flefly bubblegum=$
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Zoom tiny flukes - 03/10/18 01:42 AM

Mr.Ernest catches them on big flukes and 1/4oz weights on the reg.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Zoom tiny flukes - 03/10/18 02:51 AM

I also have caught some monsters on 1 oz crankbaits so they aren't afraid to eat something big.
Posted By: 1Fisher77316

Re: Zoom tiny flukes - 03/10/18 07:38 PM

The Tiny Flukes work well for crappie in several applications. LOL Of course I also use them in salt water under the lights at night for specs and flounder.
Tight lines
1Fisher77316
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Zoom tiny flukes - 03/11/18 03:52 AM

Great idea!
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Zoom tiny flukes - 03/11/18 06:41 AM

They’re good, I’m a bigger fan of the fin s brands ones myself
Posted By: SenkoSam

Re: Zoom tiny flukes - 03/11/18 09:17 AM

I have caught fish using fluke style lures in the past, but prefer other designs such a cone tail grubs, finesse worms and shortened Slugos added to 1/16 oz. jig heads.

What limits some soft plastics is the softness factor: too firm and lure stiffness restricts lure action.
Posted By: CrappieXpress

Re: Zoom tiny flukes - 03/11/18 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Never seen those before. Just checked em out and they do look like a better option because there are a ton of color options as opposed to only 5-6 with the tiny flukes.
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: Zoom tiny flukes - 03/11/18 12:09 PM

These work great for me. 3" bass assasin.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Zoom tiny flukes - 03/11/18 12:24 PM

I think most Crappie fisherman overlook how much crappie like that Blue color in soft plastics.
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Zoom tiny flukes - 03/11/18 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

I use fluke type baits for white bass fishing. I agree that the Lunker City Fin-s brands are better because they offer more colors and are a 1/2 inch shorter. I never tried for crappie fishing but they are deadly when using a jig and bobber for white bass.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Zoom tiny flukes - 03/11/18 05:32 PM

Haven't tried the tiny flukes, but....

Thermocline has the tadpole in 2.5 and 3". And the Super Fry in 3". Both styles come in lots of colors. Big profile baits work really great in fall, winter and spring. In spring, with off color or muddy water, get a dark colored, large profile bait and hold on.

Slab Bandits also come in larger sizes.
I've been using a Crazy Angler Crawl'r in Texas Thunder and dipping the head in blue spike it. Gives the head a blue/green color. A few 7" crappie have no trouble inhaling that size bait. And the bigger ones get mad at it and try to kill it.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Zoom tiny flukes - 03/12/18 12:18 PM

The only time I upsize is in deeper water, when the smaller offerings won’t get a hit...
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Zoom tiny flukes - 03/12/18 02:58 PM

When you pull 5 inch shad out of crappie all the time a 3 inch bait isn't anywhere near too big.

Eric
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum