Texas Fishing Forum

April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul.

Posted By: TroyKing

April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/25/18 12:41 AM

So April 14th is the date...I have already reserved the pavilion...they have some cabins still available so if you are planning to stay get with them soon before they fill up.the office # for reservations is 903 693 6562.
Posted By: CrappieXpress

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/25/18 12:42 AM

awesome. Looking forward to it
Posted By: crapicat

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/25/18 01:15 AM

Ditto
Posted By: ArgyleFloater

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/25/18 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: TroyKing
So April 14th is the date...I have already reserved the pavilion...they have some cabins still available so if you are planning to stay get with them soon before they fill up.the office # for reservations is 903 693 6562.

Troy, how much is the cost? I assume if you are renting a pavilion, then we share the cost

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/25/18 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By: ArgyleFloater

Troy, how much is the cost? I assume if you are renting a pavilion, then we share the cost
150$...I figure that will work itself out in the wash. wink
Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/26/18 04:01 AM

I'm planning on making it on the 14th too!
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/26/18 01:09 PM

Sounds good...I'll hit up the fellas in Nach and join you guys for some slab slayin thumb
Posted By: Abbott (MCM Tackle)

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/26/18 01:33 PM

wish I could make it
Posted By: ArgyleFloater

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/26/18 04:12 PM

I will be there. Just made my RV reservations. I assume meet at the pavilion that Saturday morning?

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/26/18 04:22 PM

I will be there. Just made my RV reservations. I assume meet at the pavilion that Saturday morning?
Most likely.. there are still details to work out closer to that time....looking forward to meeting you.

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/26/18 06:31 PM

Reservations made...

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/27/18 02:17 PM

Most likely.. there are still details to work out closer to that time....looking forward to meeting you.

So Troy, did I read somewhere that anybody that showed up was going to receive a door prize of coordinates to a big bass hole?
Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/27/18 02:24 PM

Yep it's official, Jacob and I will be there. If the crappie don't bite, we'll go after catfish!

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/27/18 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger-188-2007
Yep it's official, Jacob and I will be there. If the crappie don't bite, we'll go after catfish!
Good deal!!!....y'all catfish all you want... there are plenty of them....and they are by far the best tasting channels I've ever eaten.

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/27/18 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat

So Troy, did I read somewhere that anybody that showed up was going to receive a door prize of coordinates to a big bass hole?
absolutely!!!...y'all catch all of these and cook em!!

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/27/18 02:50 PM

Now, that looks like dinner on the grill! grill food

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/27/18 03:53 PM

Now, that looks like dinner on the grill! grill food
lay each fillet on the half shell ( like two BIG shoes in a shoe box) on the grill piled with onions and peppers and tomatoes...honey child what you talking about!! food
Posted By: THarris22

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/27/18 06:49 PM

Will try and make it. Just live about 20 miles from there. Have any idea on how many boats will be there?

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/27/18 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: THarris22
Will try and make it. Just live about 20 miles from there. Have any idea on how many boats will be there?
...No sir but it looks like we will have a good turn out...as this progress I hope to be able to pair up non boaters with boaters.
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/28/18 09:55 PM

I just rented the last small cabin for Belinda & I for April 13th.
There's a set of bunk beds in it that can be used if anybody needs a place to lay your head.

Never been to Murvaul before, looking forward to new water & faces cheers
I bringing a Fryer and a 12x12 canopy
Posted By: CrappieXpress

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 02/28/18 11:51 PM

I guess you guys are gonna shame me into talking vacation on Friday....... can’t have bush hog out there catching all the fish before I get there....

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/01/18 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: tboxfish
I just rented the last small cabin for Belinda & I for April 13th.
There's a set of bunk beds in it that can be used if anybody needs a place to lay your head.

thanks Todd!...don't forget your scales to banana
Posted By: raptor

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/01/18 01:48 AM

Deb and I are planning on coming. As the date gets closer you can let us know what you need. Thanks for taking the point on this. We are looking forward to see old friends and new faces.
Posted By: palomar

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/01/18 02:16 AM

I plan on being there and should have an empty seat for anyone that wants to join me. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/01/18 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: raptor
Deb and I are planning on coming. As the date gets closer you can let us know what you need. Thanks for taking the point on this. We are looking forward to see old friends and new faces.
thanks, and yes we will definitely need some folks to bring fish to fry.

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/01/18 04:19 AM

I thought you and Bush hog were gonna catch enough for everyone.... stir

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/03/18 10:43 AM

I thought you and Bush hog were gonna catch enough for everyone.... stir
he can do it!

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/03/18 02:54 PM

So I guess I will be coming over on Friday....may need a few starter places, to get my livewell primed...

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/03/18 07:39 PM

So I guess I will be coming over on Friday....may need a few starter places, to get my livewell primed...
Ok here s what I'm going to do... I'm going to spend part of the Day following the red/white crestliner....and the other half following the Phoenix.

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/03/18 09:06 PM

Ok here s what I'm going to do... I'm going to spend part of the Day following the red/white crestliner....and the other half following the Phoenix.

Troy, that is NOT the way to catch those Murvall fish...of course it may be a good way to WATCH those Murvall fish being caught...lol

Look, as of today, I don’t even know where that lake is located...my daughter said I should try someplace called Crystal Lake?, instead...and you are saying follow bush hog and Tbox around...and I don’t have any extra fishing time to drive all the way over to try and find out...all I want to know, where is crystal lake?

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/04/18 02:34 AM

From one pot licker to another... Never heard of Crystal lake.
Posted By: etexbasser

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/04/18 04:39 AM

[/quote] Ok here s what I'm going to do... I'm going to spend part of the Day following the red/white crestliner....and the other half following the Phoenix. [/quote]
Now that’s just funny right there.
So basically there will just be a convoy of boats following the other two boats around?

Later...etex

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/04/18 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: etexbasser
[/quote] Ok here s what I'm going to do... I'm going to spend part of the Day following the red/white crestliner....and the other half following the Phoenix.

So basically there will just be a convoy of boats following the other two boats around?

Later...etex [/quote]

Yes, it’s funny...but won’t happen...me and Troy are too independent minded to mindlessly follow another boat around and/or pot lick others fishing holes...of course, this very subject was a large part of the discussion between us on Troys boat last year at this event...the other large part was using menners for crappie fishing...besides we know how to find fish, even on a new lake...although it may take a while to find some fish...there is a reason, I plan to stay three nights...Tbox and bush hog probably know this lake well, and no doubt I will be asking them both questions or fish with them or Troy...but I like exploring new lakes, so this is an opportunity for me to do so...Kinda guessing this is Troys’s Home lake though, so starter places are in play!!! Interestingly, they seldom yield anything but dinks, in my experience...but hey, a start is a start...

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/05/18 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By: etexbasser

Later...etex [/quote]

Yes, it’s funny...but won’t happen...me and Troy are too independent minded to mindlessly follow another boat around and/or pot lick others fishing holes...of course, this very subject was a large part of the discussion between us on Troys boat last year at this event...the other large part was using menners for crappie fishing...besides we know how to find fish, even on a new lake...although it may take a while to find some fish...there is a reason, I plan to stay three nights...Tbox and bush hog probably know this lake well, and no doubt I will be asking them both questions or fish with them or Troy...but I like exploring new lakes, so this is an opportunity for me to do so...Kinda guessing this is Troys’s Home lake though, so starter places are in play!!! Interestingly, they seldom yield anything but dinks, in my experience...but hey, a start is a start...[/quote]

..Yeah you gotta start somewhere..

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/05/18 02:01 PM

So Troy, I was looking for a lake map of murvall yesterday, haven’t found one yet...is it on the back of another lake?

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/05/18 02:14 PM

There is a map around here and there...I think the out door store (wings and whitetails) in Carthage has some...I'll ask around...I use the Navionics app on my phone and the chip in my Helix....it's a very good map.

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/05/18 04:13 PM

Yea, but I want a paper version...so I can look at the entire lake and make some decisions about how to fish it...

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/06/18 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: tboxfish

Guess I was wrong about Tbox knowing the lake...

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/18/18 04:55 PM

To the top.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/18/18 05:50 PM

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/murvaul/structure.phtml

Some of these are holding fish.

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/19/18 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By: bush hog

They need some Willow tops on em don't you think.

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/20/18 01:26 AM

Bass?

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/20/18 01:33 AM

Bass?
yep just yearling ditch pickles!

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/20/18 02:41 AM

Bass?
yep just yearling ditch pickles!

Hope you kept them for the grill! banana
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/20/18 08:17 PM

I think there was a post on here about how much fish was needed, but must have been lost when the system was down.

Anyway, generally, 1 gal of fillets will feed 20-23 people when there are plenty of sides. Feeding all men, 18-20 people for 1 gal.

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/21/18 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
I think there was a post on here about how much fish was needed, but must have been lost when the system was down.

Anyway, generally, 1 gal of fillets will feed 20-23 people when there are plenty of sides. Feeding all men, 18-20 people for 1 gal.
Thanks Ken!...you gonna come to the get together?.... I need someone to be tournament director...Bush hog has volunteered for security detail and live well checks...crappiecat is interior decorator for the pavilion...Tbox is gonna serve tables...I think Action Jackson is gonna MC...and we can have a beauty pageant for all the women and the winner gets to clean fish.... we'll figure out something for everyone.

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/21/18 12:41 AM

Won't make this one. I have to drive by plenty of good crappie lakes to get to that one.
But I know the party will be fun and the stories will get deep.
Just don't give crapicat the microphone. roflmao

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/21/18 12:46 AM

Won't make this one. I have to drive by plenty of good crappie lakes to get to that one.
hate you can't make it, I know its a trip....as far a crappycat, that's why I've got him as minister of decorations....this way he can still be creative...just not vocally

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/21/18 02:37 AM

hate you can't make it, I know its a trip....as far a crappycat, that's why I've got him as minister of decorations....this way he can still be creative...just not vocally

What? I’m shy, silent type... bannana2 bannana2 nannyboo

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/21/18 10:15 PM

No microphone needed with me... roflmao

Dang it Ken, hate that you can’t make it..I know how much you like a tourney! Especially, On a big fish lake!

Oh well, hey Troy, think we could get leanin post to take Kens place? Besides he may keep me busy discussing the spawn! scared

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/22/18 01:09 AM

Dang it Ken, hate that you can’t make it..I know how much you like a tourney! Especially, On a big fish lake!

Oh well, hey Troy, think we could get leanin post to take Kens place? Besides he may keep me busy discussing the spawn! scared

.. murvall is not deep enough for leaning post, I doubt he would catch any thing.
Posted By: raptor

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/22/18 01:16 AM

We just found out that is the weekend of our Emerald Bay Paradise golf tournament. Regret that we will not be able to make it.

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/22/18 02:39 AM

We just found out that is the weekend of our Emerald Bay Paradise golf tournament. Regret that we will not be able to make it.
aww man!!!.... Well I'll be wishing for you a hole in one then!

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/22/18 12:10 PM

.. murvall is not deep enough for leaning post, I doubt he would catch any thing.

Well, he WILL fish shallow, or so I have heard...just NOT during the spawn! roflmao tell them leanin post...

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/25/18 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Ranger-188-2007
Good deal!!!....y'all catfish all you want... there are plenty of them....and they are by far the best tasting channels I've ever eaten.

Hmmm, the channels in Patman are pretty tasty...of course, I am crappie fisherman, so what do I know about cats.... hmmm

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/31/18 02:44 PM

From one pot licker to another... Never heard of Crystal lake.

Ok, so now I know where Crystal Lake is, and it shall remain a secret...The crappie are ahem.... OMG

Troy, good news, my daughter is gonna show up on Murvall for the GTG...and might get some effort out of her...
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/31/18 06:48 PM

Anybody got a place to crash Friday night?

I'll need a backseat also.

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 03/31/18 10:48 PM

Roachie, I should have a place to crash, you prolly need to find a backseat though...looks like I got a boat full.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 04/01/18 02:51 AM

I'm scheduled to work, but if Leaning Post shows up and does a presentation on how to crappie fish for the rest of us plebs I will call in sick. Always looking for an opportunity to learn from one of the greats!

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 04/01/18 10:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
I'm scheduled to work, but if Leaning Post shows up and does a presentation on how to crappie fish for the rest of us plebs I will call in sick. Always looking for an opportunity to learn from one of the greats!

Surely, between him and Ken, one of the two will grace us with their presence! So make plans! Get that schedule rearranged!

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 04/02/18 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033

Surely, between him and Ken, one of the two will grace us with their presence! So make plans! Get that schedule rearranged!

We won't need anybody else....I will be bringing in a new celebrity for this get-together...Cody king... Cody is sponsored by P-rods and DTB.. he won the 2018 crappie fest Junior angler division...Cody is an authority in shallow water spawning crappie...his motto is "if its not a P-rod it's not the rod"...

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 04/02/18 02:35 AM

A real expert thumb
I'd rather hear him anyway.
Congrats Cody.

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 04/02/18 02:42 AM

So he won an amazon gift card AND a menner bucket?... flehan

So a P rod huh.... wopics

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 04/02/18 10:35 AM

So he won an amazon gift card AND a menner bucket?... flehan

So a P rod huh.... wopics
Yes P-rods are awesome...we are keeping them under wraps for now until we decide sponsorships and stuff...you know the sticky side of fishing...we are pretty sure P-rods will replace B-Reddy on the tournament jerseys... I'll see if I can sneak a little pic later on... P-RODS are technique specific rods for minnow fishing.

I think the menner bucket was CAT'S subtle way of saying we know all you Liars are using menners anyways....pure indoctrination!!... sick
Posted By: John Locke

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 04/03/18 01:09 AM

How do I go about meeting Cody and getting an autograph? Will he be at the get together for an autograph session? I’d like to get my hands on a couple of P-rods!!!!

Re: April 14th... Spring get together lake murvaul. - 04/03/18 04:41 AM

I hear he will be at the GTG and available to sign autographs! His proud dad may get a bit jealous though, as no one will be asking for his autograph... roflmao roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum