Texas Fishing Forum

Boat inquirey

Posted By: TXCooter

Boat inquirey - 02/21/18 06:14 PM

Anyone interested in steering me towards the crappie boat I should own? I would be forever grateful
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/21/18 06:22 PM

Lund
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/21/18 06:26 PM

I've fished out of 2 different fish and ski boats for the last 6 years. They work fine for me, as I'm usually fishing by myself. Not as much storage space as a bass boat but it works for me. See my sig. pic. for what I'm using now. I've got grand kids and they like to swim when we go out so this is what we settled on. I'm sure there are better options for different folks. Just depends on what you have to have to be satisfied. JMHO. RODS454
Posted By: B-Deuces

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/21/18 06:37 PM

Man, TBOX has the crappie getter id buy if i ever stuck to crappie fishing and not bass fishing. That thing is SWEET
Posted By: stretch

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/21/18 06:42 PM

Hard to beat the price on the new tracker heritage model at bass pro.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/21/18 06:59 PM

Depends on the way you fish. How many passengers, fishing only, crappie fishing only, or mixed bag. How much storage will you need on board, do you have a place to store it out of the weather etc..

I'm pretty happy with my xpress, others swear by their Lunds, and then theres the question of aluminum or fiberglass.

Whats your towing vehicle, thats something to consider as well.

Good luck with your search, that can be alot of fun thumb
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/21/18 07:36 PM

You got plenty money ..... go for it!!!!

https://www.basscat.com/boats/page/17/pantera-classic
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/21/18 07:42 PM

I looked at the Bass Pro Heritage at the boat show and you get what you pay for. Lightweight aluminum 2 person medium weather and security boat.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/21/18 08:24 PM

check out the new Polar Kraft boats that Fun N sun carries!.
I had a chance to use and test out a 195 and that thing is amazing for being an aluminum boat.
being paired with the new Ultrex its a beast and would be perfect for crappie fishing.
Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/21/18 09:31 PM

I love my Alumacraft Tournament Sport 185 with a Honda 130!

There are all kinds of boats to fish out of, just need to match up the hull design to how you want to fish, where you want to fish, and how many people you want to be able to hold.

For me, the large Deep-V boats are probably the most versatile fishing platforms on the market. Can take on deep water with large waves, get me back into 18" of water in the Spring, allow me to fish up to 4 people sitting in seats, and 2 more if we are pulling tubes/skiing, plenty of front deck area for 2 people to fish comfortably, and high sides to make sure kids stay in the boat.

It's a Ford/Dodge/Chevy debate wink
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/21/18 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: TXCooter
Anyone interested in steering me towards the crappie boat I should own? I would be forever grateful

Just one? There isn't one prefect boat! Just one that perfect most the time!!!
Posted By: H&W Marine

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/21/18 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: young gun 12
Man, TBOX has the crappie getter id buy if i ever stuck to crappie fishing and not bass fishing. That thing is SWEET

I sold Todd this boat...if you need any pricing on Crestliner give me a yell..John
H&W Marine

903-927-1919
Posted By: rbadley

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/21/18 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: H&W Marine

I sold Todd this boat...if you need any pricing on Crestliner give me a yell..John
H&W Marine

903-927-1919

You sold me my Crestliner 2200 Bay as well. It’s an awesome boat! Give H&W Marine a call.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/22/18 12:16 AM

Depending on your age will (or should or may) influence your decision...the older you are the more comfortable a boat you are going to want...
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/22/18 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot

Just one? There isn't one prefect boat! Just one that perfect most the time!!!

I concur! Especially, if you follow the fish, wherever they go...
Posted By: H&W Marine

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/22/18 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: rbadley
Originally Posted By: H&W Marine

H&W Marine

903-927-1919

You sold me my Crestliner 2200 Bay as well. It’s an awesome boat! Give H&W Marine a call.

Thanks Coach
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/22/18 06:42 PM

I like my Ranger RT188,..but if I won the lotto one of those Lunds that I see on the fishings shows is Sweet..??
Posted By: etexbasser

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/24/18 09:43 PM

I have a Trition 18cTX with 115 merc 4strk and am very happy. It has two seat places up front for a buddy to fish beside me and plenty of room (I know because my buddy is a big guy). Storage is ample, but it has two live wells so that takes up some storage, the only thing I really lack in it is rod space because it has the rod locker down the side of the boat, but I can still carry 10 or 12 rods in there if I place them carefully and use rod socks. It will take rods up to 10’. The boat handles ruff water well and I run it around 35 to 38 mph, that is fast enough for me, I don’t life a lot of speed on the water. I fish in wind and rain, the only condition that will keep from fishing is lightning and the wife. I would highly recommend the Triton or Ranger aluminum boats if that is what you are looking for.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/25/18 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Gamblinman
Lund

If you haven’t driven and ridden in one you are doing yourself a great disservice
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/25/18 03:38 PM

Depends on a lot of things:

1. How much you want to spend
2. Do you want one that fits in your garage or do you want to pay storage

I bought a low cost aluminum boat and have not regretted it and here's why:

1. It fits in my garage and that saves me about $1500 a year which is important to me as I am retired.
2. My boat gets on plane easy with a 60 HP. It's fast enough to get me around Possum Kingdom which is no small lake. It costs less on gas and also on maintenance.
3. Unlike a fiberglass boat I can tie up to a dock and beat against it all day as jerks come by creating big wakes in the no wake zone. I also was able to just beach it one day when caught in a thunderstorm ( I don't recommend this in a fiberglass boat)

Things I learned after buying mine:

1. If you buy a package boat at Bass pro or another place swap out the useless fish finder for the best one you can afford. You are going to replace it anyway whether you know it now or not. Also, ditch that edge or equivalent trolling motor and get a multi battery Terrova or equivalent. Texas wind is tough and without that powerful trolling motor you are not going to be able to hold position in the winds we have.

2. No boat EVER has enough storage. Since I don't fish tournaments, I converted all my live wells to storage. I could still use more.

Good luck to you.
Posted By: Tex5000

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/26/18 09:46 PM

Triton TRX179 package deal is pretty good.

http://www.marineoutletoftexas.com/engines-for-sale/1999-yamaha-outboards-c90tlrx-90HP-6553304/

Also the Bass Cat Margay with a 115 is another one.
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/27/18 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: PKfishin
Depends on a lot of things:

1. How much you want to spend
2. Do you want one that fits in your garage or do you want to pay storage

I bought a low cost aluminum boat and have not regretted it and here's why:

1. It fits in my garage and that saves me about $1500 a year which is important to me as I am retired.
2. My boat gets on plane easy with a 60 HP. It's fast enough to get me around Possum Kingdom which is no small lake. It costs less on gas and also on maintenance.
3. Unlike a fiberglass boat I can tie up to a dock and beat against it all day as jerks come by creating big wakes in the no wake zone. I also was able to just beach it one day when caught in a thunderstorm ( I don't recommend this in a fiberglass boat)

Things I learned after buying mine:

1. If you buy a package boat at Bass pro or another place swap out the useless fish finder for the best one you can afford. You are going to replace it anyway whether you know it now or not. Also, ditch that edge or equivalent trolling motor and get a multi battery Terrova or equivalent. Texas wind is tough and without that powerful trolling motor you are not going to be able to hold position in the winds we have.

2. No boat EVER has enough storage. Since I don't fish tournaments, I converted all my live wells to storage. I could still use more.

Good luck to you.

I currently have a 96 Nitro which I blew the motor last year. I going to put another motor own it but keep looking at the new Bass Tracker Heritage. It would make a great crappie boat which is what I fish for most of time. I keep thinking of the big water I used the Nitro own and I keep coming up with blanks. I really don't need a fiberglass boat for the type of fishing I do. I am struggling with the decision.
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/28/18 01:22 AM

Guy just traded his 2008 Lund in on a bigger boat. He had a 18.5' Lund with a 150 HP 4 stroke Merc. It's in like new condition. A great rig. Lund dealer in Sanger.
Has it. It won't last long.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/28/18 01:54 AM

Best riding boat I’ve been in
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/28/18 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
..but if I won the lotto one of those Lunds that I see on the fishings shows is Sweet..??

Jim, I just bought a 2018 Lund 21' model Pro V Bass 2075....and it is 'sweet' thumb
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Boat inquirey - 02/28/18 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: LTC Realty

Thanks! I love it!!!!! banana

Posted By: camoriver

Re: Boat inquirey - 03/03/18 08:43 AM

Before you buy anything, check out the Ranger RT199. By far the best allunimun boat built. Comes with 150 hp motor. As a crappie guide I would recogmend a Motorguide XI5 on it so that you have anchor positioning. You can fish from anywhere in the boat and not have to keep your foot on the foot pedal. No carpet, easy to keep clean. I have a 2016 RT188 with a 115 hp Yamaha, and it's one of the best boats I've ever own. I would have bought the RT199 if they would have had them at the time.
Check it out!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum