Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie spot in the Seagoville/crandall area

Posted By: toonsis

Crappie spot in the Seagoville/crandall area - 02/19/18 01:14 AM

Looking to take my daughter crappie fishing when the spawn starts within about 30 mins from the Seagoville/crandall area. Would anyone mind sharing somewhere I could take her. Willing to go further if necessary. Ponds/creeks/lakes. Thanks
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Crappie spot in the Seagoville/crandall area - 02/19/18 01:46 AM

Toon sis, that is out of my territory, sorry. Maybe someone will chime in for a kid fishing day.

Re: Crappie spot in the Seagoville/crandall area - 02/19/18 02:03 AM

Thanks for chiming in anyway. May have to try whiterock.
Posted By: marktx

Re: Crappie spot in the Seagoville/crandall area - 02/19/18 02:25 AM

Murphy lake

Re: Crappie spot in the Seagoville/crandall area - 02/19/18 03:15 AM

Wow. Never noticed murphy lake on the map before. Can you park anywhere along 148? Doesn't seem like any obvious structure. How close to the bank do they get during the spawn?
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Crappie spot in the Seagoville/crandall area - 02/19/18 05:33 PM

Fished Murphy lake back in the early ‘70’s. We parked on the shoulder and fished over the barbed wire fence. Used minnows. Caught plenty. No way would I park there now. Traffic is way to heavy, and it’s only 2 lanes. Good luck.
Posted By: Sirjet

Re: Crappie spot in the Seagoville/crandall area - 02/19/18 06:14 PM

Just go another 30 Miles eat down 175 to Cedar Creek. The spawn under the bridge is the go to spot. BTW: you will see many care when they are running. Just find you a spot.
Posted By: marktx

Re: Crappie spot in the Seagoville/crandall area - 02/19/18 10:57 PM

Park at the. Cutoff road. Fish next to bank not far out over the fence and between where your standing and the fence but only during the spawn. Cc 175 bridges are.good during the spawn as well I live less then a mile from the first one

Re: Crappie spot in the Seagoville/crandall area - 02/19/18 11:42 PM

Great help. Thanks everyone!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum