Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie Fishing at Falcon

Posted By: jfe

Crappie Fishing at Falcon - 02/13/18 11:05 PM

My brother and I are headed to Falcon for a week. We will mostly be bass fishing, but we both love crappie as well.
We've got a plan for the bass, but can anyone tell us what the crappie fishing is like down there this time of year? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

jfe
Posted By: Dynamic

Re: Crappie Fishing at Falcon - 02/13/18 11:40 PM

We always caught them under the bridge by Zapata. The first time we fished it, the fish were suspended at 5 ft down in 20 foot of water. If you fished off the bottom you did not catch any. Drop your jig to five feet and it was one every cast. Big Slabs. We never found any place to buy minnows there but I bet if you took minnows there you would clean up on them. Good luck

Re: Crappie Fishing at Falcon - 02/13/18 11:50 PM

Thanks, Dynamic.
Posted By: AQUA11

Re: Crappie Fishing at Falcon - 02/14/18 12:51 AM

Memories right there!! We used to catch the biggest crappie I have seen to date when I was a kid on falcon across on Mexico side at that sunken town. We bought minnows at Paradise Point Lodge. Caught enough channel cat to sink a boat also.

Re: Crappie Fishing at Falcon - 02/14/18 04:16 AM

That sounds good. I'd like to see that submerged town on HDS units.
Posted By: Marc-62

Re: Crappie Fishing at Falcon - 02/14/18 11:37 AM

If you go into Mexican waters all people in the boat have to have a Mexican fishing license fishing or not. You can get them at Falcon Lake tackle in Zapata they are 60 bucks. The Veleno bridge usually holds crappie year round.

Re: Crappie Fishing at Falcon - 02/14/18 03:26 PM

Thanks, Marc-62
Posted By: NoWeighers

Re: Crappie Fishing at Falcon - 02/15/18 10:53 PM

Stop in and talk to me about the crappie..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum