Texas Fishing Forum

LOP

Posted By: bush hog

LOP - 01/24/18 02:49 AM

We managed a three man limit on the Pines today. Sorry, didn't get any pics. Drift fishing with jigs (drop shot rigged). Lots of boats!
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: LOP - 01/24/18 11:43 AM

Yeah they’re on for sure.
Posted By: THarris22

Re: LOP - 01/24/18 12:30 PM

Sounds like a good time. Better than being home with the flue.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: LOP - 01/24/18 12:43 PM

Way to go!!!...I bet that was fun!

Re: LOP - 01/24/18 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: TroyKing
It was and you don't even need to take a boat....you can just step from boat to boat until you find one you like. roflmao roflmao

Re: LOP - 01/24/18 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: THarris22
Sounds like a good time. Better than being home with the flue.
Ewwww.....hope you're up and fishing soon! thumb
Posted By: TexExp

Re: LOP - 01/26/18 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: bush hog
It was and you don't even need to take a boat....you can just step from boat to boat until you find one you like. roflmao roflmao

Congrats! Yep, that's a good time.
And folks out there are "East Texas Friendly". I've had folks out there tell me, "Here, fish this spot". lol Good people!

Good times!

Re: LOP - 01/29/18 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: TexExp
Originally Posted By: bush hog

Congrats! Yep, that's a good time.
And folks out there are "East Texas Friendly". I've had folks out there tell me, "Here, fish this spot". lol Good people!

Good times!

Yes sir....a grumpy fisherman just needs to avoid this lake right now cause if you toss a buoy out you're fixing to make lots of friends. roflmao
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: LOP - 01/29/18 09:02 PM

I have spent 18 day on Pines this winter and have had 0 bad experiences with the crowd.

Re: LOP - 01/29/18 09:17 PM

Whatever you do, DO NOT go into the Overlook bathroom. I had a pain hit me the other morning and when I walked into the men’s bathroom I almost puked. There was fecal matter blown all over the floor and the toilets looked like a truck stop crapper. I go to the women’s and oh man it was worse. It looked like some one was murdered in one of the stalls. Damnest sight I’ve ever seen.

Re: LOP - 01/29/18 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Pintail711
Whatever you do, DO NOT go into the Overlook bathroom. I had a pain hit me the other morning and when I walked into the men’s bathroom I almost puked. There was fecal matter blown all over the floor and the toilets looked like a truck stop crapper. I go to the women’s and oh man it was worse. It looked like some one was murdered in one of the stalls. Damnest sight I’ve ever seen.
Hurricane Creek restroom is in the same shape.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: LOP - 01/30/18 12:48 AM

Armada fishing,..love it. fish fish fish
fish fish fish fish fish fish
Posted By: DJB

Re: LOP - 01/31/18 02:19 AM

Bush hog is the ramp at Hurricane open? When I was there in November it was closed. I've been using Johnson lately and it's hard for a old fat man to walk up that hill.But the bathroom is clean ,ha.

Re: LOP - 01/31/18 04:08 AM

Originally Posted By: DJB
Bush hog is the ramp at Hurricane open? When I was there in November it was closed. I've been using Johnson lately and it's hard for a old fat man to walk up that hill.But the bathroom is clean ,ha.
Yes sir, we put in there last week.

Re: LOP - 01/31/18 06:40 PM

Alley creek and brushy has the cleanest bathrooms on the lake
Posted By: Crappie Ford Man

Re: LOP - 01/31/18 11:02 PM

I walked into the bathroom at Hurricane last week and I couldn't believe how bad it was. It seems like there has to be some code or law that would force a clean-up or an obliteration of that facility. The ramp is pretty decent though.

Re: LOP - 01/31/18 11:52 PM

They are usually the cleanest bathrooms. This time of year, they aren’t. I don’t want to even pay the launch fee because the bathrooms are so nasty right now
Posted By: DJB

Re: LOP - 02/01/18 01:04 AM

Thanks b.h.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: LOP - 02/01/18 01:09 PM

So anyone been catching any of those yellow perch over there? Or whatever they are called...
Posted By: jrc

Re: LOP - 02/02/18 02:53 PM

Yes we caught some yellow bellies Tuesday, mainly on minnows. Weren't as bad on jigs.
Posted By: Twistedmidnite

Re: LOP - 02/04/18 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Pintail711
They are usually the cleanest bathrooms. This time of year, they aren’t. I don’t want to even pay the launch fee because the bathrooms are so nasty right now

I thought there were no ramp fees at hurricane anymore? There was a sign last year saying no ramp fees and they wouldn't maintain the facilities anymore?

Re: LOP - 02/04/18 09:44 PM

You’re probably right, I haven’t launched there since last year. I know Cedar Springs isn’t maintained anymore
Posted By: El Pescador Borracho

Re: LOP - 02/11/18 03:07 PM

Was anybody there yesterday when that wall of fog hit and dropped the temperature about 15 degrees? We stayed a little while after that but it got so rough I could not tell when I was getting a bite.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: LOP - 02/11/18 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: El Pescador Borracho
Was anybody there yesterday when that wall of fog hit and dropped the temperature about 15 degrees? We stayed a little while after that but it got so rough I could not tell when I was getting a bite.
It was crazy how that happened!!!... The lake was like Glass...fog so thick you could barely see a boat twenty yards away..then a light Breeze shifted the fog down the lake.. I was shocked at the amount of boats out there when the fog moved...i t looked like it was gonna be a nice day after that...then all of a sudden that big gray wall just roared right back In with the wind pushing it...never quite experienced any thing like that...we had a good morning tho.

Re: LOP - 02/11/18 05:00 PM

Same way at Murvaul yesterday. Got off the water just before the weather changed. These are some great pics. Looks like the kids filled up a cooler. They'll remember that day for a long time. thumb

Re: LOP - 02/12/18 01:41 AM

Tried going back today, and got run off the lake by an ice storm. I’m beginning to think somebody’s trying to tell me something.

Re: LOP - 02/12/18 01:42 AM

Cool pics king
Posted By: Twistedmidnite

Re: LOP - 02/19/18 03:11 PM

I was there the day of the fog. Fish were biting like crazy. I had several 15-16 inch fish. I left there with a limit then went to the other end of the lake and caught 25 nice catfish in about an hour. It was a blessed day

Re: LOP - 03/04/18 01:35 AM

Anyone been fishing shallow? Water temps yesterday were 55-58. I couldn’t buy a Crappie shallow. I fished flooded bushes and grass.... nada.

Re: LOP - 03/04/18 03:03 PM

I'm from last weekend shallow. Not a bite
Posted By: Skilletshot

Re: LOP - 03/04/18 03:36 PM

How are the ramps? Looks like water is high. Ok to launch?
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: LOP - 03/04/18 05:29 PM

The lake is over 8' high so there is simply too much flooded cover for me to find the fish. The ramps are fine to launch.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum