Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie in creeks

Posted By: Big Hopper

Crappie in creeks - 01/17/18 01:52 PM

Guess I'll start another thread. The last one got hijacked by people arguing about dead shad.

Anyone CATCHING much in the creeks?
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: Crappie in creeks - 01/17/18 01:53 PM

yes I have been catching in creeks since mid Oct.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Crappie in creeks - 01/17/18 01:54 PM

I have been doing ok but not great since the last rain and access has been hard with the ice from the last arctic front. I will be trying tomorrow to find some creeks that aren't frozen over to fish. Seems like this year the big push of creek fish happened in NOV.
Posted By: stretch

Re: Crappie in creeks - 01/17/18 02:10 PM

I caught several limits in the creeks back in November and early December but after the rain in mid December the creeks have been extremely muddy and the bite has all but disappeared for me in the two creeks I fish. I guess all the crappie are chasing the shad that are chasing the daphnia deep into the abyss frkazoid
Posted By: zig-zag

Re: Crappie in creeks - 01/17/18 07:43 PM

sulfur river that comes in texakana lake is muddy but its always that way, anyway they are killing them. some are 2+.also cypress creek that comes in lake o pines has alot of black crappie. 10 to 12 in. alot of non kippers. The creek above 271 hy. Is not part of the lake so the 10in limit is in!!! 2cents
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Crappie in creeks - 01/17/18 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: zig-zag
sulfur river that comes in texakana lake is muddy but its always that way, anyway they are killing them. some are 2+.also cypress creek that comes in lake o pines has alot of black crappie. 10 to 12 in. alot of non kippers. The creek above 271 hy. Is not part of the lake so the 10in limit is in!!! 2cents

259 HWY?
Posted By: zig-zag

Re: Crappie in creeks - 01/17/18 09:52 PM

hammer you are wright I live on 271, Talco. There is no cure for stup.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum