Texas Fishing Forum

nibbles

Posted By: kdub#1

nibbles - 01/16/18 05:21 PM

Saturday started out looking grim. The crappie were not in their usual hangouts, they were on the bottom and the bite was LIGHT. long story short I fished hard all day and was about to end with 11 keepers. I was very happy with the 11 I had considering how the day started. On my way out I tried one more spot and caught 14 more keepers! I weeded through multiple 9's and 9.5's for every fish on the stringer and the last 2 seemed like even more, especially as I watched the sun begin to set and all I could hook up with unders. What a great day on the water, it was intense.

With all this said I don't think I would have ended with anything if I hadn't tipped the jig with a crappie nibble. I usually never use them, but had picked up some before coming out "just in case". It seemed like every cast without a nibble would come up empty, but a nibble on the jig would catch a fish.

Lesson learned, I am always gonna keep some crappie bites on me just in case.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: nibbles - 01/16/18 05:24 PM

Two guides I know on Fork swear by them,.. fish
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: nibbles - 01/16/18 05:33 PM

They work,no doubt!
Posted By: getzitfisher

Re: nibbles - 01/16/18 05:59 PM

I believe in them. Have fished with them while my buddy in the boat wouldn't use them. I caught about 5 to his 1. After a couple of hours, he gave in and started using them. Pretty even after that. I use them whenever I crappie fish, color does not seem to matter.
Posted By: BeardedBanker

Re: nibbles - 01/16/18 06:50 PM

I never drop a jig without one on.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: nibbles - 01/16/18 07:16 PM

I have never used them and still catch crappie. I have seen people use them and catch fish though.
Posted By: fishinman

Re: nibbles - 01/16/18 07:20 PM

Sometimes good...sometimes doesn't matter...but I always have them!

Good fishin'
Posted By: cellis

Re: nibbles - 01/16/18 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: fishinman
Sometimes good...sometimes doesn't matter...but I always have them!
Posted By: Lip Ripper Baits

Re: nibbles - 01/16/18 08:05 PM

I always keep them in my bag in yellow and pink! They work no doubt!
Posted By: Sirjet

Re: nibbles - 01/16/18 08:15 PM

if the fish are very active it does not matter. But if the bite is slow or very light. I put that Crappie crack on and it changes things most of the time. It is now like American Express. never leave home without it.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: nibbles - 01/16/18 11:58 PM

Guy and I started using this instead of the nibbles. They are a rubber form and stay on much better and last longer. Most times after catching a fish it's still on the hook ready for the next drop. Plus if you drop some in you boat and step on them you can simply reach down pick them up and place them back in the container. No more squished nibbles in my carpet.

Oh and don't tell Ron Duran "Blue Nitro" that they catch fish too....

Re: nibbles - 01/17/18 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Guy and I started using this instead of the nibbles. They are a rubber form and stay on much better and last longer. Most times after catching a fish it's still on the hook ready for the next drop. Plus if you drop some in you boat and step on them you can simply reach down pick them up and place them back in the container. No more squished nibbles in my carpet.

Oh and don't tell Ron Duran "Blue Nitro" that they catch fish too....

Those maggots work great also.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: nibbles - 01/17/18 01:50 PM

They help in times the bite is slow but most of the time they are not needed.
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: nibbles - 01/17/18 01:56 PM

There is a place I like to whitebass fish where sometimes you have to tip a jig with a piece of crawfish. I'm wondering if a crappie bite would do the same thing.
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: nibbles - 01/17/18 03:00 PM

I must not be holding my mouth right, as I have tried them off an on over the last few years and I have never caught one using them.
Posted By: hawghoover

Re: nibbles - 01/17/18 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: BrazosRiverTom
I must not be holding my mouth right, as I have tried them off an on over the last few years and I have never caught one using them.
me too.iv never caught a Crappie using nibbles .try many colors with no bites.but i have seen a few guys catch some on them.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: nibbles - 01/18/18 03:54 AM

most places ive fished, its abt a 3 to 1 ratio with berkley nibbles. If berkley said they were going to stop making them, I would go buy a few cases. thats how much I like them. The silver bullets, I call them, the ones with the silver glitter are awesome. they imitate the scales that come off of a minnow when a crappie eats them. ive seen this many times in an aquarium. chartruese and chromaglow is great also. white seems very concentrated.
Posted By: JWfish

Re: nibbles - 01/18/18 04:55 AM

Been a tried and true user of niblets for years. They do make a difference.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: nibbles - 01/18/18 06:03 AM

Originally Posted By: hawghoover
me too.iv never caught a Crappie using nibbles .try many colors with no bites.but i have seen a few guys catch some on them.

are you using the berkley crappie nibbles?, all others dont compare.
Posted By: hawghoover

Re: nibbles - 01/18/18 12:13 PM

yep only ones iv tried.
Originally Posted By: leanin post
Originally Posted By: hawghoover

are you using the berkley crappie nibbles?, all others dont compare.
Posted By: getzitfisher

Re: nibbles - 01/19/18 07:13 PM

The man who got me started fishing with nibbles passed away this week. He was a custodian at work. I always enjoyed talking about fishing with him.
Posted By: TurboDan

Re: nibbles - 01/19/18 10:43 PM

Never fish a jig without one. Use the Chroma-Glow ones.
Posted By: fishincoach

Re: nibbles - 01/20/18 02:55 AM

I never drop a jig without a white one on my hook... Unless I'm covered up in a frenzy.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: nibbles - 01/20/18 10:39 PM

i never knew there was such a following... confused

Re: nibbles - 01/20/18 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
i never knew there was such a following... confused

Yep nibbles and cannabis. bolt
Posted By: Naggler

Re: nibbles - 01/20/18 11:13 PM

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum