Texas Fishing Forum

Weather

Posted By: AQUA11

Weather - 01/15/18 06:17 PM

Trying to understand when the crappie will bite because the "weather" is right. I am in central Texas, Belton, going to be a cold and nasty couple days. When would yall fish the next couple days. I have a place to fish and stay warm. Thanks
Posted By: stratos caster

Re: Weather - 01/15/18 06:51 PM

I'm fishin if the ramps aren't iced over,just be safe. Sometimes the worst weather is the best fishing times.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Weather - 01/15/18 07:07 PM

If it was me and the roads were safe, I would be out at the creeks tomorrow. The colder the better for me.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Weather - 01/15/18 08:03 PM

Fish don't care,.. fish
Posted By: Mac817

Re: Weather - 01/15/18 10:38 PM

Fish any weather except lightning. I have come to believe that most fish caught with bad weather are caught more on patience and being where they are.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Weather - 01/16/18 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Mac817
Fish any weather except lightning. I have come to believe that most fish caught with bad weather are caught more on patience and being where they are.

Yeap.... if'n things freeze up work tomaro & I can get to tha lake safely I'll be feeshn....
Posted By: Laststop

Re: Weather - 01/16/18 02:08 PM

They have been on fire at LOP We limited out last two days now Yesterday in 3 hours and everyone we talked to was limiting out. I am from the north where the water is hard right now and I love ice fishing. But not down here. I came down here to fish in warmer weather. Boat Ramp at Johnson Creek looks slick right now. So I will stay in where it is warm today. Good luck out there
Posted By: AQUA11

Re: Weather - 01/17/18 04:12 PM

Went out yesterday, froze to death, did catch 6 nice size crappie but very slow. I was trying brush piles in 20' of water. Don't think I really ever found the fish. Any advise? Thanks
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Weather - 01/17/18 05:24 PM

Creeks
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Weather - 01/18/18 03:42 AM

Go spider rig across from hybrid flats on belton. there are old roadbeds that run along that tall rock wall left of the pump station, as your facing it. There is a water line coming down the rock wall and a house up above with kind of a short railing around it. Fish in 26 t0 38 feet of water right in front of this water line, and u will catch some fish IF you time the bite, feed window can be quite short this time o year. fish move around on the old roadbeds all along that tall rock wall, and also in front of the huge boulder before you get to the pump station in that corner.
I found this concentration of fish a few years back, and they have wintered there every year. Sometimes they are there and just wont bite, but if they turn on you can limit out quick.
look for pods of shad. scattered shad sometimes means feeding fish. tight small schools of shad with fish nearby may mean the fish arent active.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum