Texas Fishing Forum

Submersible LED lights?

Posted By: Todd C.

Submersible LED lights? - 01/04/18 03:51 PM

I recently signed a lease for a slip on Lavon and the crappie fishing so far has been great. With the cooler temps its been easy to catch a few every morning we go. My question revolves around night fishing my slip. I have never tried it and now that my schedule is changing I have more time to fish the evening hours. Has anyone had any success with submersible fishing lights? I am thinking about picking one up and night fishing the slip soon, and was wondering if would be worth it to try one out. Also, if they do work, can ya recommend a brand?? Thanks in advance

Todd C.
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Submersible LED lights? - 01/04/18 04:38 PM

Slip should be productive at night even without a light FYI. If you get one all I can say is don't order from Wild Cat Lighting, worst service experience of my entire life. Majority of brands should work well enough.

Eric
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Submersible LED lights? - 01/04/18 04:52 PM

put them way out side slip in fish inside yes they work.
Posted By: DNA

Re: Submersible LED lights? - 01/04/18 05:14 PM

https://www.macfishing.com/detail.php?id=428&ids=&idt=&ide=&dd=1094

this one works great
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Submersible LED lights? - 01/04/18 05:28 PM

If you have clear water, crappie will not go into that light but work around the edges. On Possum Kingdom Lake, mercury or LED lights just above the water work better for crappie. The green LED or halogen lights are good for sand bass and stripers but crappie are not keen to be illuminated int that light. Considering some of the huge fish going through those lights I don't blame them. Any Crappie wise enought to live to be 10 inches knows better than be illuminated in that green circle.

Lavon may be a different deal since the water is stained. You could pick up a solar LED garden light and try that as well as that submersible LED. It's also been my experience that these lights work better in summer when there are lots of ghost minnows and small shad that can be attracted to the lights.
Posted By: stickem2

Re: Submersible LED lights? - 01/04/18 05:32 PM

I found the one I use at academy.Quarrow (36 green leds) submersible fishing light. Works great. Cost around $30 bucks.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Submersible LED lights? - 01/04/18 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: stickem2
I found the one I use at academy.Quarrow (36 green leds) submersible fishing light. Works great. Cost around $30 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Quarrow-LED-Submersible-Fishing-Light/dp/B00LQJHDB8
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Submersible LED lights? - 01/05/18 02:34 PM

I put one of these on the back of my boat and it really lights up the area. You could permanently mount it underwater and use a 12v battery to power it or get fancy and wire it to a timer so it turns on every night at the times you want to fish.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-...oductextensions
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Submersible LED lights? - 01/05/18 02:57 PM

Tried this in the past on my boathouse. Pulled gar & bass in because of the presence of threadfin shad.

Crappie not so much. Caught some smaller crappie but the bigger ones avoided the area when it was on.
Posted By: TurboDan

Re: Submersible LED lights? - 01/06/18 02:55 AM

Fish upriver on Granger with green LED late winter and do pretty good on crappie. Fish are usually outside of lighted area.
Posted By: Outfitter Nomore

Re: Submersible LED lights? - 01/06/18 03:11 AM

These work great
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Submersible LED lights? - 01/06/18 04:19 AM

There is a guy on Cedar Creek has a dual boat boat house and has 3 or four lights set outside his pier. It is brushed and has a timed feeder on it . It was so nice and he had worked so hard to get the right thing working , I released all fish off that dock.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum