Texas Fishing Forum

Trees or Chairs?

Posted By: Sirjet

Trees or Chairs? - 01/02/18 07:52 PM

I have seen many post on Chairs lately. If you had to choose one as hanging structure. Which one would you use?
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/02/18 07:57 PM

Whichever is easiest to come by and/or easier to sink. How about a combination of both?
Posted By: Sirjet

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/02/18 08:01 PM

the reason I asked. Is do you get hung up more on one than the other? I have both on my slip and I have people that is saying that they are getting hung wayyyyyy to much on the chairs. I expect to lose some anyway. But I want to maximize the space available.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/02/18 08:10 PM

If it were me, I would just stick to brush.
Posted By: Fisherman Joe

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/02/18 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2

Would this work?

Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/02/18 08:52 PM

Definitely would!
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/02/18 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Fisherman Joe
Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2

Would this work?

perfect
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/03/18 11:00 AM

thumb Nice
Posted By: hawghoover

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/03/18 11:45 AM

iv got both in my slip and always catch more Crappie off brush than i do the plastic chairs.iv got 2 chairs screwed back to back and it takes 1/2 block to sink them.
Posted By: CartersFishingAdventures

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/03/18 05:04 PM

i got a question for yall. I hear about brush piles being dropped. I wanna put some out but never know if its fully legal to do so? or is it cool. will I get in trouble or do you have to do it like a drug deal lol
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/03/18 05:13 PM

I haven't tried the chair deal, but I have better luck with brush, including pvc and Mossback fish racks. Not saying that they don't work, for me they don't work as well. I have all three in a boat house and day in and day out the brush produces more fish. And the Mossbacks are actually in a better area, more shade.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/03/18 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: CartersFishingAdventures
i got a question for yall. I hear about brush piles being dropped. I wanna put some out but never know if its fully legal to do so? or is it cool. will I get in trouble or do you have to do it like a drug deal lol

Do it like a drug deal. If anyone catches sight of you in the act, you're gonna need to eliminate that person.
Posted By: t a mitch

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/04/18 12:09 AM

Chairs
Posted By: sae

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/04/18 01:42 AM

pros and cons to both. put ctrees in 7to 9 ft under my dock.in a short time caught fish .go better as they aged,for about 2 years.they began to drop all small limbs and before long only a trunk. I replaced them with chairs,about 3 yrs. ago. maybe a little slower to produce but I do catch fish on them, and they should last forever.Bass men and dock shooters don't rip
them up.Maybe a mix of both is best
Posted By: TR176

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/04/18 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: CartersFishingAdventures

The night is your friend.
Posted By: brazman

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/10/18 03:24 PM

I got a hold of two dozen plastic booster seats that a church was throwing away. I plan on screwing them upside down to PVC posts to make plastic "trees" and sinking them among other Xmas trees and brush tops...hoping the brush will bring them in initially, and they'll stick around with the plastic structures long after the natural has decomposed and gone. Fingers crossed.
Posted By: Big_CatEM

Re: Trees or Chairs? - 01/10/18 03:36 PM

Cover is cover. We have mostly chairs in our slips, but have some trees in the middle of the one's we rent. Both catch fish, but like some have said, artificial cover lasts longer.

You can't go wrong with either IMHO. As long as there's structure that allows moss to grow and attracts bait-fish first, the crappie will come. food
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum