Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville Barge

Posted By: pac

Lewisville Barge - 12/29/17 04:08 PM

Went to the Lewisville Fishing Barge last Friday on the 22nd after getting off work early. I threw everything at them beside the kitchen sink (plastics and hand tied jigs, did not not want to minnow dunk) and not a thump. Saw maybe 4 crappie caught the 3 or 4 hours I was there, and one guy was killing the carp. Has anyone else had any better luck there with the crappie? Is night time fishing better or morning. Was only my second time fishing there, but since it was raining, cold, close to the house, and I felt a itching to fish, only option.

This is my first post also.
Posted By: pawj

Re: Lewisville Barge - 12/29/17 04:19 PM

haven't been to Lewisville in some time, but I know they are really deep. I fish at Hubbard in a boat slip and they are deep ,but also slow biting. Welcome aboard to the form. Is the Lewisville barge still heated?
Posted By: pac

Re: Lewisville Barge - 12/29/17 08:05 PM

@pawj yes it is still heated. I went outside to look around since some other guys where out there braving the cold and they only had one on a minnow, they had been there for a while also.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Lewisville Barge - 12/29/17 08:15 PM

That is normally the case out there.
Posted By: slabcrazy

Re: Lewisville Barge - 12/29/17 10:41 PM

last time i was there i used gold pepper shiner and went outside and did ok
Posted By: fruitpieisgoodeatin

Re: Lewisville Barge - 12/31/17 02:34 AM

Spent 5 hours at the barge today... Nothing.. This is my 5th time there and I am having no luck there whatsoever. I dont know what the deal is at the barge. Was inside and only saw 2 crappie caught in the time i was there and it was crowded today..
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Lewisville Barge - 12/31/17 06:43 PM

wasn't long ago it broke loose from the bank again.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Lewisville Barge - 12/31/17 06:51 PM

The barge is convenient and heated and that is what draws people. Not the fishing IMO.
Posted By: BigCaseyB206

Re: Lewisville Barge - 01/01/18 09:17 AM

I used to go regularly just to kill time, which was good because I hardly ever caught much of anything there. Only caught more than a dozen once, and was outside, fishing "the crack". Most times caught two or less.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Lewisville Barge - 01/04/18 05:30 PM

True to that!
Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2
The barge is convenient and heated and that is what draws people. Not the fishing IMO.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Lewisville Barge - 01/04/18 06:38 PM

It does get good about feb or used to.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lewisville Barge - 01/05/18 12:59 AM

most barges that I have been to in the DFW and surrounding area are there to catch the fisherman,..
not to catch fish.. frown
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Lewisville Barge - 01/05/18 01:52 AM

2 questions:

Do they allow bass boats to fish around the barge?

Is there any structure or cover around the perimeter of the barge?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum