Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Nacogdoches today's

Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Lake Nacogdoches today's - 12/15/17 11:35 PM

Tough bite today. Couldn't get them on a jig, so I got the jigging spoon out. They liked it. Caught 12 with 4 of them had roe the size of my pinky. If you never fished a jigging spoon to catch crappie, you have to try it. Sorry for the pic. trying to upload from my phone, maybe I can figure it out soon!
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Lake Nacogdoches today's - 12/16/17 02:50 AM

I carry a few small spoons in the boat but never think to use them. Did you keep the treble hook on it or replace it with a single hook?

Re: Lake Nacogdoches today's - 12/16/17 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: bush hog
I carry a few small spoons in the boat but never think to use them. Did you keep the treble hook on it or replace it with a single hook?

I keep the treble on them. I pull up easy and if I snag the brush, I just jiggle it lose. They always hit it on the fall!
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Lake Nacogdoches today's - 12/16/17 03:22 AM

Sounds interesting!..what presentation are you doing?... vertical, casting,ect?...
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Lake Nacogdoches today's - 12/16/17 04:08 AM

I always thought they should work well when the shad start dying off. I'm gonna have to dig them out and try them now.

Re: Lake Nacogdoches today's - 12/16/17 01:24 PM

I usually go vertical drop to the bottom lift the rod about 4 ft and drop. If they are suspended just adjust to there depth.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum