Texas Fishing Forum

Tips for fishing Lavon tomorrow

Posted By: C3

Tips for fishing Lavon tomorrow - 12/05/17 10:16 PM

My dad is in town from Missouri and we're going to Lavon tomorrow.
Any tips on how to put him on fish (depth, lure presentation, general lake area)would be appreciated.
I have not been out in almost 2 years, so I have no clue where and how to put him on fish.
He's up in years and I don't know how many of these trips we have left; so I want to make this one memorable, if possible.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
C3
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Tips for fishing Lavon tomorrow - 12/05/17 10:19 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/12519504/Searchpage/2/Main/1001962/Words/%22lavon%22/Search/true/Re:_Lake_lavon-_where_are_the_#Post12519504
Look at this post.
Posted By: fishinman

Re: Tips for fishing Lavon tomorrow - 12/05/17 11:04 PM

North wind tomorrow...be careful where you launch and where you might want to fish..

Good fishin'...Be safe...
Posted By: PlanoPaul

Re: Tips for fishing Lavon tomorrow - 12/06/17 02:06 AM

North wind shows to be fairly light tomorrow, should be fine. Since you are not familiar with the lake, i’d say just go to the dam and drop some minnows in 25-28ft, probably your best bet to put some fish in the boat in my opinion. Good luck!

Re: Tips for fishing Lavon tomorrow - 12/06/17 05:50 AM

Thanks for the tips, I'll let you know how things go!
Posted By: cmass

Re: Tips for fishing Lavon tomorrow - 12/06/17 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: PlanoPaul
North wind shows to be fairly light tomorrow, should be fine. Since you are not familiar with the lake, i’d say just go to the dam and drop some minnows in 25-28ft, probably your best bet to put some fish in the boat in my opinion. Good luck!

+1

Re: Tips for fishing Lavon tomorrow - 12/07/17 02:29 AM

frown
Fished all day (dam, island across from dam)

I caught 7 fish (5 Crappie/3 keepers; 2 White Bass)
Pops did not get a bite.

We're going out again tomorrow. Have not decided where yet, given the north wind forecast.
He leaves Friday, so tomorrow is our last chance.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Tips for fishing Lavon tomorrow - 12/07/17 04:31 AM

Good luck! I heard spider rign w/ minnows at 25’ at dam was ticket...? Buddy saw guy kiln em last week
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum