Texas Fishing Forum

Creek off 661/Joe Pool

Posted By: craftsmanbm

Creek off 661/Joe Pool - 11/29/17 04:13 AM

Was down there Tuesday,only saw 2 fish caught,water looks to be real low, lots of trash on bank,any one doing good,has the water temp not pushed the fish back into the creek? Just wondering out loud
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Creek off 661/Joe Pool - 11/29/17 02:27 PM

They are in there but some colder weather is needed. The big pushes of fish haven't come in yet. After next week, things should get interesting.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Creek off 661/Joe Pool - 11/29/17 02:34 PM

Fishing is bad when the lake is not full.Its a little over a foot low.If the lake were full, the creek would be rocking.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Creek off 661/Joe Pool - 11/29/17 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: blooper961
Fishing is bad when the lake is not full.Its a little over a foot low.If the lake were full, the creek would be rocking.
I agree.The times I have caught them in there has been when there was plenty h2o all the way from the gifco rd bridge to fm661.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Creek off 661/Joe Pool - 11/29/17 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: blooper961

The fish are still there I can guarantee you. When the water is low like now, all that does is force you to adjust. They won't be in the same spots now as they were when the water was up but they are there nonetheless.
Posted By: forsanmedic

Re: Creek off 661/Joe Pool - 11/30/17 02:44 PM

Did they finally finish the construction? I haven't been this year, cuz last time I went there was lots of construction going on. Even a bridge where I wasn't used to seeing one.
Posted By: mbell23

Re: Creek off 661/Joe Pool - 12/01/17 11:15 PM

Was down there yesterday construction is complete and the bridge is gone as well. Water is low but there was a guy sitting on a tree that has fallen across the creek catching them. Needless to say he was positioned in the middle of the water. Alot of trees has grown also
Posted By: DEE CRAPPIE

Re: Creek off 661/Joe Pool - 12/02/17 06:13 AM

You're right Joe Pool is not fishing good right now. but you can catch them deep pretty good 40-50 feet of water by the dam they're stacked up
Posted By: BigCaseyB206

Re: Creek off 661/Joe Pool - 12/02/17 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: DEE CRAPPIE
You're right Joe Pool is not fishing good right now. but you can catch them deep pretty good 40-50 feet of water by the dam they're stacked up

I was by the dam earlier this week going after the green ditch pickles. As I was leaving to head in, I glanced at my graph and saw tons of fish in 50 - 52 ft of water.....figured they were cats at that depth
Posted By: Gilly62

Re: Creek off 661/Joe Pool - 12/04/17 02:49 PM

I am thinking about going to Joe Pool this afternoon with the wife and kiddos after I pick them up from school. I don't know much about fishing JP and I've only caught crappie on the Lakeridge bridges. Fishing the dam lately has been good for y'all? Im a bass fisherman but the wife and kids like to crappie fish. just trying to catch a few to have a fun afternoon.
Posted By: Mooreg9

Re: Creek off 661/Joe Pool - 12/04/17 03:36 PM

what jig colors are working best for y'all in the creek? have seen it on the maps and want to go give it a shot
Posted By: iluvfishin

Re: Creek off 661/Joe Pool - 12/04/17 10:29 PM

Don't waste your time right now. Went yesterday caught a whole lot of nothing. Not even a bite.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Creek off 661/Joe Pool - 12/04/17 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: iluvfishin
Don't waste your time right now. Went yesterday caught a whole lot of nothing. Not even a bite.
Same with Walnut Saturday! LOW water levels in the creek however I did manage to find a couple deeper holes but only two fish caught.We need a good flood for both Mountain Creek & Walnut Creek then they will turn on thumb
Posted By: iluvfishin

Re: Creek off 661/Joe Pool - 12/05/17 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
Originally Posted By: iluvfishin
Same with Walnut Saturday! LOW water levels in the creek however I did manage to find a couple deeper holes but only two fish caught.We need a good flood for both Mountain Creek & Walnut Creek then they will turn on thumb

A good 2 weeks of cold weather and some rain will set it off. Whenever that is lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum