Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie on Ray Rob

Posted By: Brocephus

Crappie on Ray Rob - 11/16/17 10:14 PM

Can anyone tell me if the timber and bridge North of Jordan Park ramp is a decent place to try for crappie? I've never fished Raybob for Crappie, but I'm considering trying Sunday or Monday. Was thinking of tying on a few jigs and getting some minnows and hitting that bridge and/or timber.

Depth? Patterns? Up shallow in creeks maybe? Can I run slow or close to idle and safely navigate my way towards that bridge from Jordan Park?

Appreciate any help, thanks amigos.

Re: Crappie on Ray Rob - 11/17/17 03:08 PM

Super helpful thus far...
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Crappie on Ray Rob - 11/17/17 03:18 PM

The forum isn't like it used to be for sure. If it were me, I would be looking in the creeks.

Re: Crappie on Ray Rob - 11/17/17 03:29 PM

they already swimming up shallow in the creeks? I heard of someone having success in a local feeder creek. I guess I could bank fish then. Thanks!

Re: Crappie on Ray Rob - 11/17/17 03:36 PM

They sure are. I got caught my limit on Monday and Tuesday and could have on Wednesday as well but didn't want to fight the crowds.

Re: Crappie on Ray Rob - 11/17/17 04:07 PM

Gotcha.... well that sounds good considering the winds that are coming on Saturday
Posted By: Resh

Re: Crappie on Ray Rob - 11/17/17 06:21 PM

Been catching some big fish off of brush piles lately. We can only eat 3 maybe 4 at a time so I don't go catching limits of fish like some do. Took 30 minutes on the 3rd pile we tried to catch 8-10 and keep 4 over 1.5lbs

Depth was 18-20 down in 26-27 ft. All big fish were caught on the brush glider you see in that fish
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Crappie on Ray Rob - 11/18/17 02:01 AM

we fished the tourney last sat on ray rob and we caught all of our fish on brush piles on 30fow right on the bottom. small hand ties with purple in them were key, of course the color might not matter when you go and I believe it doesnt 90% of the time but it did that day.

good luck and PM me if you would like for more detailed info.

Re: Crappie on Ray Rob - 11/24/17 04:46 PM

Finally caught some crappie!

Re: Crappie on Ray Rob - 11/24/17 04:47 PM

Very nice! That area can produce good this time of year!
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Crappie on Ray Rob - 11/24/17 10:57 PM

Caught 32 last week. 1 over 10". Buck Creek. Its a shame.

Re: Crappie on Ray Rob - 11/25/17 04:08 PM

Yea, there were a lot of dinks holed up in there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum