Texas Fishing Forum

Where to stay in Aransas Pass

Posted By: Papasteve

Where to stay in Aransas Pass - 07/14/17 02:28 PM

Greetings all,
I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I hope I'm in the right area.
I'm also new to fishing saltwater, though a long time fisherman.
We will be going down to Aransas Pass later this month. I'd like to see if any of you have recommendations on where to stay overnight that has ample boat/trailer parking, adequate security, and easy access from boat/vehicle to the room.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Steve
Posted By: Undertow

Re: Where to stay in Aransas Pass - 07/15/17 09:59 PM

Papasteve,

Dont know if you must stay in Aransas Pass Proper.. But we always stay in homes/condos from Miss Kitty's Vacation Rentals. When we have a larger group, we'll stay in the canal front homes in City by the Sea or Palm Harbor. About halfway between Aransas Pass and Rockport (at most 10 minutes from AP). Those can be pricey, if you dont have enough people to split up the costs. But having your boat sitting behind the house in the canal ready to go each morning is priceless. They do have many other properties that are much more affordable for a smaller bunch as well. I rarely ever get a hotel down there anymore. Renting properties is much nicer and you dont have to worry about boat/trailer parking typically. Hopefully this will help you, if not on the trip than in the future.
Posted By: Papasteve

Re: Where to stay in Aransas Pass - 07/20/17 05:41 PM

Thanks, this was helpful.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum