Texas Fishing Forum

Hammonds Barbecue in Glen Rose

Posted By: roadtrip

Hammonds Barbecue in Glen Rose - 10/07/15 05:45 PM

Went there Friday nite on a weekend trip, went back again Sunday before heading back home. Ribs on Friday, Brisket on Sunday. Pecan smoked. Delicious and tender. The sides were also very good, and big helpings. Good Service. Highly recommend it.
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Hammonds Barbecue in Glen Rose - 10/07/15 07:20 PM

Used to go there regularly when I worked at Comanche Peak. At one time had the reputation of being the best in Texas.
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Hammonds Barbecue in Glen Rose - 10/26/15 01:50 PM

Me and the wife were down there the Friday before last in between trips to Fossil Rim and the Glen Rose State Park. Never been there before but was a great decision to stop. Good old time BBQ. I had the Rib plate and wife had brisket,sausage and turkey plate. Really great food and place was packed at lunch time on a Friday but had great service. Was too full after eating but we got some Blackberry and Peach Cobbler that we ate after hiking around the state park all afternoon and it was great too.

Re: Hammonds Barbecue in Glen Rose - 10/26/15 02:44 PM

That whole Glen Rose area is a great place to spend a weekend. We also hiked some trails at the State Park. I think the trails are one of the best features of that park.
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Hammonds Barbecue in Glen Rose - 10/26/15 04:24 PM

We scoped out the campsites at the State Park while we were there and they looked really nice and lot's of area. Looks like me and the family will be going down there soon for some camping in the RV. I was also at Squaw Creek doing some fishing with a buddy and that is a really fun lake to fish if you don't mind going through the process of getting the permit, etc. Of course my buddy Craig always handles that and makes it a real special day when he asks me to go with him.

Re: Hammonds Barbecue in Glen Rose - 10/27/15 05:26 PM

Have a good time, hope this great weather holds out through the fall.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum