Texas Fishing Forum

Ft, Davis, Alpine, Marfa

Posted By: JCG57

Ft, Davis, Alpine, Marfa - 09/16/15 12:13 AM

Looking for restaurant recommendations. I have heard that there is a food truck in Marfa that serves good chow; any other spots worth a visit?
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Ft, Davis, Alpine, Marfa - 09/16/15 03:06 PM

Food Shark is the name (food truck), Also Planet Marfa is getting good reviews. A friend lives out there both good.
Posted By: lukedawg40

Re: Ft, Davis, Alpine, Marfa - 09/20/15 03:20 PM

What about marathon. I'll be there in January hunting.

Re: Ft, Davis, Alpine, Marfa - 09/23/15 03:38 AM

Found some pretty good food at the drugstore in Ft. Davis. Food at the Indian Lodge in the state park was so-so. The Food Shark truck in Marfa was closed for lunch on Sunday. Very much enjoyed the weekend in the Davis Mountains, although the charm of Marfa escaped me. The unwarranted artistic smugness that wafted through the air in that town was too much.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Ft, Davis, Alpine, Marfa - 09/23/15 12:30 PM

Well, maybe it was swamp gas wafting through. Did you at least get to see the Marfa Lights?

Re: Ft, Davis, Alpine, Marfa - 09/23/15 11:13 PM

Left Marfa shortly after noon, so no, did not get to see the Marfa lights. I am convinced that the source of these lights is a couple of illegals playing catch in a field with a light-up football.
Posted By: Beaversnipe

Re: Ft, Davis, Alpine, Marfa - 12/26/15 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: lukedawg40
What about marathon. I'll be there in January hunting.

The gage hotel in marathon has excellent restaurant
Posted By: Revoman

Re: Ft, Davis, Alpine, Marfa - 04/09/16 04:23 PM

Paisano in Marfa, La Casita in Alpine
Posted By: jwcromer

Re: Ft, Davis, Alpine, Marfa - 04/11/16 08:48 PM

there is a food truck(good food)that you can see way out in the mountains(a light)if you can find it it great,be sure and take pictures
Posted By: Flymeister

Re: Ft, Davis, Alpine, Marfa - 04/19/16 08:47 PM

I used to eat at the Riata in Alpine...it was dang good but that's been awhile. Also, Alicia's in Alpine is great. Used to get the trash can breakfast burrito. It was everything left over from the day before mixed with eggs ... damnnnn good!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum