Texas Fishing Forum

Worst place you have eaten lately

Posted By: R.J.E.

Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/06/15 04:03 PM

I went to the Hill Country Cupboard in Johnson City, took forever and the worst food I ever had to pay for!!
Posted By: Near Nuthin'

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/06/15 10:22 PM

Angelo's BBQ (Ft. Worth) used to have some of the best BBQ in the state back in the 70's and 80's. Having not been there in about 20 years I gave it a try a couple of weeks ago - BAD idea. The ribs and brisket were tough and fairly tasteless, and the sides tasted like something out of the Walmart deli. From talking to a few Angelo's old timers I was told the BBQ just hasn't been the same since Angelo passed away in the early 90's. Sad to see a great old Ft. Worth institution go down hill like that.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/06/15 11:55 PM

szechuan chinese restaurant. It used to always be top notch, but they've lost their mojo.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/07/15 12:47 AM

Barbeque House here in Nac. If the brisket even got close to a smoker, I would be surprised. Tasted like post roast with barbeque sauce poured on it. Terrible sides. Just an overall terrible meal.
Posted By: JWfish

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/07/15 07:20 AM

Sirloin Stockade in Corsicana. What food they did offer on buffet was old and dried up. Was a roach in cream gravy. I pointed out to one of the workers, watched them fish it out with ladle, but didn't replace with a new pan of gravy. We left without finishing our meal,
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/07/15 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: R.J.E.
I went to the Hill Country Cupboard in Johnson City, took forever and the worst food I ever had to pay for!!
I ate there one sunday night around 8pm and expected the worse, but it wasn't too bad. you kind of walk in and know what to expect.
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/08/15 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigbob_FTW
szechuan chinese restaurant. It used to always be top notch, but they've lost their mojo.

The one on Bryant Irvin?

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/08/15 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Ox190

The one on Bryant Irvin?

the one off camp bowie. maybe I should try the other.
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/08/15 08:51 PM

Coopers in Llano. Gave it another chance and it was worse than I remember. Sausage was decent but the brisket was unedible.
Posted By: kcb

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/09/15 03:54 AM

Taco Cabana corner of Plano Rd & Forest in Garland. Had my worst all time meal at a TC. Some of them can be decent. This one had tea that was mislabeled (sweet, unsweetened). No cheese in a chees enchilada just folded and smashed. Dirty condiment bar and a hair in the salsa.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/09/15 04:03 PM

A question for this post?
Do you pay for a meal that is bad?
We do not!
Posted By: nethingthatbites

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/09/15 04:32 PM

moon dogs...in rockport
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/14/15 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BrandoA
Coopers in Llano. Gave it another chance and it was worse than I remember. Sausage was decent but the brisket was unedible.

Pork loin and sausage is good there. I don't care for their brisket either.

Worst place I've eaten is Stripes. Sucks being on the road and needing something quick, like jerky and 3 month old pastries.
Posted By: kjwolvy

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/15/15 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By: lenahorse
We do not!
Bad or not, isn't that stealing?

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/15/15 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: kjwolvy
We do not!

Yes.
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/16/15 03:54 AM

Originally Posted By: kjwolvy
We do not!

Yes.

It depends on how much you eat. If you take a couple of bites and send it back, then it's not stealing. If you eat most of it and then leave without paying, that's stealing.
Posted By: Indie

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/16/15 11:39 AM

Probably goes without saying, but DQ, In N Out (flavorless), Braums, Sonic.....I've given up paying top dollar for poorly made fast-food slop when I can make burgers myself cheaper on the grill, even at $4-$5 lb for hamburger meat. Even Whataburger is so inconsistent now that I've stopped going there.

My grill is getting a lot more work these days and Kroger is getting lots more of my money. rolleyes
Posted By: LarryBud

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 07/20/15 08:40 PM

David Beards in Azle. Went on Easter and could barely get it down. And whatever you do, don't sign up to win the free barbecue grill. Trust me.
Posted By: dodge ram

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 09/28/15 09:33 AM

OLIVE GARDEN, TACO BELL,ARE THE WORST. BEST AROUND HERE IS SHINOLOS IN SPRINGTOWN. IF YOU LEAVE THERE HUNGRY ITS NOT THEIR FAULT.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 10/06/15 07:52 PM

Houlihans at Alliance Town Center made me barf and flush last Sunday.
Food was pricey, tasteless, cold and the service was as top 2 worst ever. 30 minutes to just get a glass of unsweet tea, we were there for over 2 hours just me and wife
I usually won't and don't complain much about anything for those who know me.
But I won't be going back. peep
Posted By: Near Nuthin'

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 10/07/15 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: nethingthatbites
moon dogs...in rockport

The last time I was in Moondog's (year and a half ago) it was the filthiest restaurant I've ever set foot in - trash & food on the floor, tables full of half eaten food and beer bottles, and non-existent service We had a beer on the deck and went to Shempy's - which was excellent,btw. Maybe I hit them on a really off day but It'll be a long while before I try MD's again. (if ever)
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 10/08/15 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Near Nuthin'
Originally Posted By: nethingthatbites
moon dogs...in rockport

The last time I was in Moondog's (year and a half ago) it was the filthiest restaurant I've ever set foot in - trash & food on the floor, tables full of half eaten food and beer bottles, and non-existent service We had a beer on the deck and went to Shempy's - which was excellent,btw. Maybe I hit them on a really off day but It'll be a long while before I try MD's again. (if ever)

I was in Moondog's two weeks ago and maybe they've heard about the complaints. I was alone and ate on the patio. My server was very friendly and efficient. I had the grouper sandwich and it was good.
Posted By: Leever

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 10/09/15 12:21 AM

Joe T's

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 10/09/15 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Leever
Joe T's

flehan
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 10/18/15 08:27 PM

Joe T's
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 10/19/15 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Ox190

The one on Bryant Irvin?

the one off camp bowie. maybe I should try the other.

don't waste your time
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 10/20/15 03:49 AM

If an employee was that uncaring about a roach in gravy at Sirloin Stockade,
you can bet its because in the kitchen they are running all over the place.
Health inspectors used to nip that in the bud but,
cities cut budgets and health inspectors are one of the first to go.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 10/20/15 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: kcb
Taco Cabana corner of Plano Rd & Forest in Garland. Had my worst all time meal at a TC. Some of them can be decent. This one had tea that was mislabeled (sweet, unsweetened). No cheese in a chees enchilada just folded and smashed. Dirty condiment bar and a hair in the salsa.

The one up in Sherman is bad too. Always nasty with food on the floors and a nasty condiment bar. I gave up on them because of their nastiness. It's a sign of what's in the kitchen IMO. I'd rather have Bueno than TC.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 10/21/15 01:26 AM

Big Daddy's in Godley. Disgusting pizza
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 10/22/15 02:55 PM

I might have to add two to my list, recently ate at the Chicken Express in Burnet and then for some reason ate at the one in Marble Falls a week later, I don't know who butchers their chicken but if you get thighs there you encounter part of the backbone, not just your typical one center bone. Never again.
Posted By: AdanV

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 10/22/15 04:53 PM

I wouldn't say "worse", but it was pretty bad.

9'ers Grill in Katy.

I've passed by it hundreds of times and was having high hopes.

Last week, me and my son went there for the first time on our weekly father/son night out.

I've ordered a grilled chicken plate with bacon and melted cheese on top (yeah, sounds awesome).
It tasted way too salty.

I gotta admit, the portions they give are HUGE.
Posted By: BPKlein

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 11/25/15 02:02 PM

Fat Cow BBQ in Lewisville. I knew walking in the door that it was going to be bad. The over powering aroma of " liquid smoke" was unbearable. I had pulled brisket (yes, you read that right) that was probably boiled. Wife had pulled pork that had no flavor. Sides were blah.

Staff was friendly though.

Bryan
Posted By: badgrandad

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 11/25/15 04:29 PM

Buccee's on 45 near Madisonville, Nastiest BBQ sandwich I have eaten (spit it out and stopped elsewhere). Got a cold sandwich there another time that was tasteless as well as their store brand snacks. Place looks good and has great restrooms, but the food is sad.
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 11/26/15 04:42 PM

Chuy's in Van Horn. Worst so called mexican food ever. Way overpriced.
Posted By: Beaversnipe

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 12/26/15 02:52 AM

Hard eight in roanoke

Salty
Chewy, fatty meat
Very expensive
The prime rib was nasty

Never again
Posted By: Beaversnipe

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 12/26/15 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: dodge ram
OLIVE GARDEN, TACO BELL,ARE THE WORST. BEST AROUND HERE IS SHINOLOS IN SPRINGTOWN. IF YOU LEAVE THERE HUNGRY ITS NOT THEIR FAULT.

Taco bell doesnt even have real meat.
Its all chemical pellets that they steam up.
That shiat is nasty and very bad for you
Posted By: txshotgun

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 01/17/16 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Beaversnipe
Hard eight in roanoke

Salty
Chewy, fatty meat
Very expensive
The prime rib was nasty

Never again

I was wondering if anyone would mention that place. Total disappointment. That beautiful smoker and cowboy grill set up and they don't know what to do with it. Criminal.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 01/17/16 07:09 PM

Taco cabana in McKinney
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Worst place you have eaten lately - 01/18/16 01:55 PM

Captain D's in Burleson...fish tasted like chlorine...disgusting.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum