Texas Fishing Forum

Moving to Plano Area

Posted By: flipitG2

Moving to Plano Area - 04/22/15 12:44 AM

Where is the place to live near Plano Texas? My wife would be working in Plano and does not want to have a big drive to work. Want a good area, nice houses, and room for my 21ft Ranger in garage or Ill buy a building to put on the property. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: SpiderJig

Re: Moving to Plano Area - 04/22/15 02:53 AM

If recommend buying a house in Wylie. Great place just up the road from Plano. Close to the big city but just as close to and in some cases in the country.
Posted By: flipitG2

Re: Moving to Plano Area - 04/22/15 11:59 PM

I like country. Not as much into crowded areas.
Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: Moving to Plano Area - 04/23/15 01:31 PM

Plano overall isn't bad, but as Spiderjig said Wylie is expanding and it's right next to lake lavon, and not far from Ray hubbard.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Moving to Plano Area - 04/24/15 12:47 PM

Frisco or Prosper, I would move close to Dallas North Tollway
Posted By: NiceCatch

Re: Moving to Plano Area - 04/24/15 06:55 PM

I live in Sachse and work in Plano. Sachse, Wylie and Rowlett have lots of country still and near two lakes, Lavon and Ray Hubbard. Also if you fish east texas lakes, it give you 30 mins to an hour jump west of 75.
Posted By: ridinonthepad

Re: Moving to Plano Area - 07/06/15 03:25 AM

We just sold our house in Allen and moved to Texoma. Might be hard to find a place in Plano to park a 21 footer. Murphy is next door to plano and you can buy big lots, an acre or more.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Moving to Plano Area - 09/17/15 06:11 PM

flipitG2 where you moving from?
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Moving to Plano Area - 09/17/15 09:17 PM

I've lived in Wylie for the past 11 years and like it. Before that, I lived in Lucas for 10 years and it's nice also. Lucas had a 2 acre minimum, but I'm not sure if that's still the case.
Posted By: Bovine

Re: Moving to Plano Area - 09/23/15 07:46 PM

Wylie was a nice quiet city when I lived in it. But judging by how everything is expanding there now, I would imagine land is becoming much more expensive there, However I've heard the houses in normal neighborhoods are still inexpensive.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum