Texas Fishing Forum

What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant?

Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 03/16/15 07:55 PM

David Beard's Catfish King used to be great but they changed their recipes and are no longer in the running.

Where do you find the best place for fried catfish (and trimmings)?
Posted By: blooper961

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 03/16/15 08:43 PM

Used to be a great one in Paris. Same thing.
Changed the fish and ruined it.
Posted By: ou.sooner

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 03/17/15 07:15 PM

Some of the best I've had: https://www.facebook.com/VaughansCatfish

Sorry to hear David Beards has gone down hill. Back in the day I put on a few pounds in that place.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 03/17/15 11:42 PM

Always love catfish sam's in Arlington. Old school, but delicious.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 03/18/15 02:34 PM

Catfish Platter at Texoma

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 03/18/15 08:18 PM

Friend of mine told me the Catfish House in Carrollton was very good.
Posted By: ou.sooner

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 03/19/15 06:43 PM

Catfish House is good.............just wish they had All You Can Eat. They do have a pretty expansive menu though.

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 03/19/15 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: ou.sooner
Catfish House is good.............just wish they had All You Can Eat. They do have a pretty expansive menu though.
I do like all u can eat better!
Posted By: Po Boy

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 03/22/15 05:15 PM

The Fish Place, Pecan Gap Texas. Five of us ate there last night, three seniors and two non seniors, and the bill was $66, all you can eat. Only open Friday and Saturday night.
Posted By: Near Nuthin'

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 03/24/15 01:57 AM

Brazos River Catfish Café on I-20 at the Millsap exit. About 40 minutes from Ft. Worth but well worth the drive.
http://www.brazosrivercatfishcafe.com/

Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 03/29/15 11:05 PM

My house. Salt, pepper, and Aunt Jemima's yellow corn meal.. It just don't get any better and I've tried all of the commercial seasonings.
Posted By: Fishing Fester

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 03/31/15 04:55 PM

X infinity on the Brazos River Cafe. Place has amazing catfish. I will admit that I liked it alot better when James was owner. Food hasnt changed but James was as awesome guy. Hope you like Elvis memorabilia.
Posted By: Yakbuzz

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/01/15 01:28 PM

Catfish and Company - Hurst Tx

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/08/15 06:46 PM

Catfish and Company is pretty good.
Went to Catfish Sam's for the first time. It's real good.
Posted By: eazyduzit

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/09/15 02:13 AM

Clearsprings , New Braunfels
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/09/15 11:12 AM

There's a little place in Kennedale called Louisiana Catfish that's really good. It's on Old Mansfield Hwy a couple of blocks south of Apache junk yard. Not much to look at but good food.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/15/15 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Fullofit
There's a little place in Kennedale called Louisiana Catfish that's really good. It's on Old Mansfield Hwy a couple of blocks south of Apache junk yard. Not much to look at but good food.

They opened in "Old East Dallas" at Columbia and Carroll, ate there last Sunday after Church, both the fried chicken and catfish were good.

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/16/15 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Fullofit

Went there today for the first time. Super friendly service. The cornmeal breading on the catfish was a little heavy for my taste but the flavor of the catfish was great.

Also had red beans and rice. It was simple but delicious.

Definitely worth trying out if you haven't been there yet.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/18/15 08:28 PM

There is a good one on Caddo lake. Oak Valley on Fork was real good,but not sure if it's still operating.
Posted By: Ken N Tx

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/22/15 09:35 AM

The Prairie House on 380 near Little Elm...
Posted By: 9094

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/23/15 11:01 PM

Bonitaville at Possum Kingdom.
I eat a lot of fish and theirs is the best I've had.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/24/15 10:08 PM

Clear Springs Catfish Restaurant in New Braunfels. thumb
Posted By: David Kindred

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/25/15 01:33 PM

Bubba's Shrimp Palace in San Leon,TX
Posted By: Big1Bass

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/27/15 07:38 PM

Vaughns on Bob Sandlin
Posted By: Mike-thetoolman

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 05/12/15 02:25 PM

Try Hush Puppys Henderson Tx Best in east tx I think
Posted By: Nocona Brian

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 05/15/15 09:47 PM

Peach Orchard in Terral OK has some of the best catfish and by far the best tarter sauce I've ever had, Bill's across the river in Waurika is pretty good too.

Peach Orchard has thicker fillets, while Bill's is more thin and crispy.
Posted By: ke4hzc

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 05/18/15 03:03 PM

My favorite is catfish o'harlies in Decatur. Been going there every weekend for years.
Posted By: HOOK-EM

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 05/25/15 03:43 PM

Huck's in Denison texas is one of the best.
Posted By: racing75

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 05/25/15 10:13 PM

Vaughns is good also Sisters Bistro in Mt Pleasant. All you can eat fish buffet on Fridays and its very good.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 06/08/15 02:37 AM

Irbys in granbury is real good
Posted By: Corndogsticks

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 06/15/15 01:43 AM

Hook Line and Sinker, is the best I have had in the DFW area.
Posted By: greenen

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 07/04/15 03:38 PM

I ate at Catfish Express in Marshall coming back from hunting on New Year's. Not too many expectations but some of the best whole catfish I've had in a while.
Posted By: ridinonthepad

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 07/06/15 03:09 AM

Hucks on North Loy Lake Road in Denison Texas!!
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 07/07/15 07:15 PM

Catfish Sams
Arlington
no others in the running as far as BEST goes
there may be good 1's, but the ? is best
Posted By: Big Hopper

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 07/07/15 08:06 PM

This will seem like a spoof, but I have got to say that Cancun's in Waxahachie and Red Oak, Tx. have about as good a Catfish Platter as anywhere I've been in years. The "regular" plate comes with Five Catfish Fillets, French fries or baked potato, Salad, onion rings, hushpuppies, tarter sauce, and Greet Tomato relish.
Under $10 and will FILL U UP.
Posted By: Ox190

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 07/08/15 01:23 PM

Z's Catfish in Rockwall
Posted By: 08skeeter

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 07/08/15 09:27 PM

Catfish Sam's
Posted By: john h

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 07/13/15 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: 08skeeter
Catfish Sam's

Agree
Posted By: BIG ED nrh

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 07/14/15 12:28 AM

The Flyin Fish on Montgomery has pretty good catfish!!
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 07/14/15 12:45 PM

Catfish Corner down at Cedar Creek in Seven Points is pretty good. Been eating down there for many years and the fried catfish is really good and the fried shrimp is excellent.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 07/14/15 02:06 PM

Huck's in Denison.

Bayou Jack's in McKinney

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 07/15/15 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: BIG ED nrh
The Flyin Fish on Montgomery has pretty good catfish!!

Yep, but I'm partial to the blackened catfish.
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 07/17/15 03:14 PM

Clear Springs Catfish Restaurant in New Braunfels is tough to beat....good folks too!!
Posted By: rbadley

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 07/22/15 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: TBassYates
Catfish Corner down at Cedar Creek in Seven Points is pretty good. Been eating down there for many years and the fried catfish is really good and the fried shrimp is excellent.

I 2nd Catfish Corner in Seven Points. Try to eat there every time I'm down at CC. Headed there on Saturday in fact!
Posted By: guntz67

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 07/26/15 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: ridinonthepad
Hucks on North Loy Lake Road in Denison Texas!!

This is it hands down
Posted By: nethingthatbites

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 07/28/15 08:14 PM

Cooks Fish Barn, Comanche, Tx...it's all you can eat too.

just don't go during hunting season.
Posted By: mikey6345

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 08/09/15 05:40 PM

Shady Glade Cafe in Uncertain for the win!
Posted By: Leonardo1

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 08/13/15 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: NoconaBrian
Peach Orchard in Terral OK has some of the best catfish and by far the best tarter sauce I've ever had, Bill's across the river in Waurika is pretty good too.

x2 Worth the trip for sure.
Posted By: Ringer1

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 08/16/15 05:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Ox190
Z's Catfish in Rockwall

This^^^

Awesome cornbread. Mac n Cheese on Saturdays is unbelievable.
Posted By: Duckcreek Davy

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 08/17/15 11:04 AM

Hacks. Everything served here is excellent. The service is too.
Posted By: Ranger1965

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 08/19/15 03:35 AM

Fish Fry in Paris. Been going there for 45+ years and the menu hasn't changed.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 09/07/15 01:37 AM

Boo Rays in Northwest Fort Worth catfish and catfish po boy is worth a look. food peep
Posted By: Rick Collis

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 09/25/15 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan_n_Texas
David Beard's Catfish King used to be great but they changed their recipes and are no longer in the running.

Where do you find the best place for fried catfish (and trimmings)?

Stacy's Fish Fry in Miller Grove, Texas
Posted By: propman

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 09/28/15 07:45 PM

Bebo's and Kathy's in Aubrey, TX on 377 has good catfish on Fri. and Sat. nights. Not so good often are the hush puppies, as they can be overcooked and burned or hard as rocks, and the french fries are the frozen soft kind. Onion rings, burgers, and chicken fried steak are good, as are the pies.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 10/30/15 03:13 AM

Las rocas in princeton tx. Mexican restaurant but awesome kitty!
Posted By: Banjo Lure

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 12/30/15 07:15 AM

Madeas everman parkway fort worth
Posted By: razd611

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 02/02/16 06:57 PM

Fish Fry in Paris is good and just ate at Catfish Haven in Fredericksburg a couple of weeks ago and it was really good and not to pricey either http://www.catfishhaventx.com/

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 02/03/16 03:29 PM

Catfish Louies in Gainesville,$6.95 ayce for senior citizens mon. thru thurs.
Posted By: Revoman

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/09/16 04:22 PM

Catfish Corner in Abilene
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/10/16 07:23 PM

I LOVE me some Catfish Sam's for fried catfish...but for all you can eat? Hooten Holler'n in Whitney (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights)...It's a bbq joint.
Flying Fish in Arlington for broiled catfish...

Lisa's Chicken has some great fried catfish!
Posted By: centxfishing

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/11/16 07:02 PM

Clear Springs Catfish Restaurant in New Braunfels is the best I have ever had. Not overpriced and will fill you up especially if you get an order of their famous Onion Rings and a Shiner Bock

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/12/16 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: centxfishing
Clear Springs Catfish Restaurant in New Braunfels is the best I have ever had. Not overpriced and will fill you up especially if you get an order of their famous Onion Rings and a Shiner Bock

Great Sig bro!
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 04/24/16 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: NoconaBrian

These! They haven't changed I see. I went to both for over 30 years when I lived up that way.
Posted By: roadtrip

Re: What Would You Recommend as the Best Fried Catfish Restaurant? - 05/08/16 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: centxfishing

I ate there once, and it was pretty awesome all right.

Last week I tried Robertson's Red Barn at FM47 and I-20 south of Wills Point, it was great.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum