Texas Fishing Forum

Crawfish Around Ft Worth

Posted By: Michael Ray

Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/04/14 06:58 PM

I've been craving some crawfish. What are some good restaurants that have them around Ft Worth? Just looking for a new place or two to go try out.

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/05/14 01:52 AM

Nobody has any suggestions for mudbugs in Ft Worth.
Posted By: SheldonS

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/05/14 03:33 PM

Nobody really makes them very good around here in my opinion. Go to one of the Asian markets, get some and prepare at home according to a highly rated recipe.
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/05/14 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: SheldonS
Nobody really makes them very good around here in my opinion. Go to one of the Asian markets, get some and prepare at home according to a highly rated recipe.

Have you ever been to Big Fish on Main Street in Grapevine? I'm pretty fond of theirs, and they start their all you can eat on Wednesdays next week.

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/06/14 11:04 AM

I have not heard of that place but I'll have give it a try. I'm just looking for some new places to try out.
Posted By: Near Nuthin'

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/06/14 09:39 PM

The Blu Crab Seafood House & Bar serves some very good steamed seafood, and they have different levels of heat if you like them extra spicy.
http://www.theblucrab.com/index.php/ourmenu

Boo-Rays out on Boat Club rd. in Lake Worth also does some good pretty crawfish.

Flying Fish on Montgomery St.
Posted By: atmadison

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/07/14 04:15 AM

Pappadeaux seafood kitchen has them on sell on promotion mondays and tuesdays 7.95 for a pound and a quarter but I believe that you can find some where that is selling them cheaper... Im a server at Pappadeaux so im just going to be honest
Posted By: CatBoss

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/07/14 10:53 AM

Buy a sack and cook'em yourself
Pretty simple process,boil water add crab boil,taters,cob corn,crawfish
Posted By: SheldonS

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/07/14 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Ox190
Originally Posted By: SheldonS

Have you ever been to Big Fish on Main Street in Grapevine? I'm pretty fond of theirs, and they start their all you can eat on Wednesdays next week.

I had them before but they did not compare to what I got used to in LA. We don't even look for them around here. We just do them ourselves at home.

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/07/14 06:17 PM

How long has it been since you've had them? I've met several people from Louisiana at Big Fish, one that drove from Weatherford every other Wednesday just to eat crawfish at Big Fish.
Posted By: Iberia

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/08/14 02:14 AM

If you can't do them yourself, I'd check out a local mom and pop type place, that boo-rays place sounds like it might fit the build. I'd stay away from the chain type places for sure.
Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/09/14 03:35 PM

Saw a sign for "live crawfish" at a place at the corner of Miller and Rosedale. Don't know if they cook them too.
Posted By: pocred

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/10/14 01:06 AM

Went to Razoo's tonight off Bryant Irivn, pretty dang good. Happy hour they are 5.99 lb.

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/10/14 01:27 AM

All you can eat crawfish at Big Fish in Grapevine tonight, I can't eat much any more so I just had 2 pounds, my buddies ate about 13-15 pounds each.

Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/10/14 02:06 AM

where is the best place in creeks to catch them
any certain habitat?

I have a big creek behind my home, never thought about doing this

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/12/14 01:53 AM

All you can eat crawfish at Big Fish in Grapevine tonight, I can't eat much any more so I just had 2 pounds, my buddies ate about 13-15 pounds each.

That's what I'm talking about. I like it when they are cheap I've got a big appetite and can put some crawfish away.

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/12/14 06:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Michael Ray

That's what I'm talking about. I like it when they are cheap I've got a big appetite and can put some crawfish away.

Every Wednesday night usually from now until late June they do all you can eat crawfish for $26.99 just call before you head that way to confirm. And I will say they make some of the best crawfish in DFW.
Posted By: Jedfish

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 04/17/14 06:36 PM

...drooling right now
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 05/12/14 04:17 AM

The Flying Fish, across from Railhead, has them in season. I've never gotten them there so I can't speak to the quality. I always got my fix on trips to Fork.
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: Crawfish Around Ft Worth - 05/14/14 03:44 AM

Yes flying fish Is pretty good, just beware of the powder. Way to Cajun for me. I tell them to hold it
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum