Texas Fishing Forum

"pig lickin' good" between Brownwood and Stephenville

Posted By: Dave Speer

"pig lickin' good" between Brownwood and Stephenville - 10/08/09 07:38 PM

The CFS thread reminded me of an incident my wife and I talk about on occasion,

in Oct 2007 we were on our way back from Junction heading up towards DFW and took 377. Somewhere, probably in Brownwood, Comanche, Dublin, or Stephenville, we stopped at a restaurant. We don't remember what it was called but we think there was a pig on the sign and it said something like "pig lickin' good" or something.

We thought, wow, this must be the place to eat. Went in for lunch. Place was pretty busy. Had a very well endowed blonde hostess that couldn't have been more than high school age. Like, sat down at the table and my wife said "did you see that?" And I said something along the lines of "what? I didn't see anything old enough to notice."

When we sat down, we were surprised to find that there was virtually no pork at all on the menu. So my wife ordered a Chicken Fried Chicken plate and I ordered some kind of sandwich.

I am not normally a fan of chicken fried steak, and, gravy isn't a big part of my diet-- fried chicken neither. But when our food came, my wife had me take a bite of her chicken fried chicken.

Her food was so good that I almost sent mine back to the kitchen in exchange for some of what she had-- I was willing to pay for both my meals and only eat one!

So now comes a little problem.

Where were we????
Posted By: throwback

Re: "pig lickin' good" between Brownwood and Stephenville - 10/08/09 08:25 PM

Early, Tx. and the place is closed.
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: "pig lickin' good" between Brownwood and Stephenville - 10/08/09 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: throwback
Early, Tx. and the place is closed.

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!

Posted By: Old Town

Re: "pig lickin' good" between Brownwood and Stephenville - 10/11/09 02:53 AM

It's still there it's called Humphrey Pete's it's a decent place
Posted By: roadtrip

Re: "pig lickin' good" between Brownwood and Stephenville - 10/12/09 01:27 AM

humphrey pete's

I'm gonna have to try that place next time I head down to Junction. The sooner the better.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum