Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for places to stay at LBJ

Posted By: Mantizzle

Looking for places to stay at LBJ - 12/17/22 01:35 PM

Looking for some insight on places to stay at LBJ. Preferably something with truck/boat parking. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Looking for places to stay at LBJ - 12/20/22 01:39 AM

Take a look at the Llanorado. At the junction of the Llano and Colorado rivers on the upper end of LBJ. Also has a crappie house on the water.

https://www.highlandlakes.com/llanorado/
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Looking for places to stay at LBJ - 12/20/22 05:41 PM

used to be a place called sunset marina(i think). not the ritz, but clean.

Re: Looking for places to stay at LBJ - 12/21/22 04:36 PM

I will look into these places. Thanks again.
Posted By: Kapnbill

Re: Looking for places to stay at LBJ - 01/24/23 06:37 PM

There are rental cabins down in Horseshoe bay next to the dam and marina.

https://lakelbjmarina.com/
Posted By: Txbassin

Re: Looking for places to stay at LBJ - 02/06/23 01:11 AM

https://www.valentinelakeside.com/
Very nice ladies run this place.
Of course if you have no limit on spending then its wide open except for possibility of minimum stay requirements.
Little Lodge On the Lake is another place to stay.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Looking for places to stay at LBJ - 02/08/23 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Curt0407
Take a look at the Llanorado. At the junction of the Llano and Colorado rivers on the upper end of LBJ. Also has a crappie house on the water.

thumb

Re: Looking for places to stay at LBJ - 03/13/23 06:22 PM

I have booked at llanorado lodge. I'll give an update after my stay. Thanks all for the input.

Re: Looking for places to stay at LBJ - 04/20/23 01:35 AM

Well the stay at Llanorado lodge was great. Rooms are nice. Has its own boat ramp. Only knock is parking is a litte tight. I would definitely recommend it for a place to stay.
Posted By: Paparon

Re: Looking for places to stay at LBJ - 07/10/23 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Curt0407

Originally Posted by Mantizzle
Well the stay at Llanorado lodge was great. Rooms are nice. Has its own boat ramp. Only knock is parking is a litte tight. I would definitely recommend it for a place to stay.

Thanks to Curt0407 for the recommendation and to Mantizzle for the update on your stay there. It sounds like the place to go and I will definitely keep it in mind for the next time my wife and I head to the hill country and this time take my boat and do some LBJ fishing!
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Looking for places to stay at LBJ - 08/02/23 08:43 PM

I just did a road trip and drove all through that area...wow what a place...if you are going through Hamilton to get there - stop and have a burger at Woody's - so good! In Llano there is an awesome Italian Joint, also a new place opening up called the Barrell House that is gonna be a cool spot...Coopers BBQ was pretty good in Llano too. Man I love the Hill Country - ended up in Luckenbach and you know what happens there!
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: Looking for places to stay at LBJ - 08/02/23 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by krawlin 47
I just did a road trip and drove all through that area...wow what a place...if you are going through Hamilton to get there - stop and have a burger at Woody's - so good! In Llano there is an awesome Italian Joint, also a new place opening up called the Barrell House that is gonna be a cool spot...Coopers BBQ was pretty good in Llano too. Man I love the Hill Country - ended up in Luckenbach and you know what happens there!

Yes we do!! Sorry for your loss..

Re: Looking for places to stay at LBJ - 08/03/23 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by HookaToad

Of what ... brain cells at Luckenbach!
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: Looking for places to stay at LBJ - 08/03/23 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by HookaToad

Of what ... brain cells at Luckenbach!

Can't lose those there....its dry

Re: Looking for places to stay at LBJ - 08/03/23 08:53 PM

extremely dry no doubt...cool towns down there!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum