Texas Fishing Forum

The Den Steakhouse - Quitman

Posted By: Gamblinman

The Den Steakhouse - Quitman - 01/22/18 09:28 AM

Decided to try the new place in Quitman - The Den Steakhouse. After being seated, we discovered that the lack of double doors at the front allowed the arctic blast to blow through the whole restaurant. It left us with the feeling of being in an icebox the whole meal. Those trying it this summer should feel like a blast furnace has been turned their way each time the front door is opened.

We finally get to order our dinner and the wait begins...almost an hour to the minute, our steaks arrive. Cold, and undercooked...and I enjoy a rare steak. It reminded me of a not completely thawed microwave steak, then thrown on the grill for a few minutes to apply grill marks. Very unappetizing. The baked potato and salad were good. No bread was served with the meal...I need my bread.

Ill-equipped and staffed kitchen, over staffed with waitresses that all collect at the bar and laugh and giggle and check their FB pages while customers wait to be served, and poorly planned and uncomfortable seating all led to a dining experience I choose not to partake of again.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: The Den Steakhouse - Quitman - 01/22/18 03:47 PM

Should have gone to Seth's.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: The Den Steakhouse - Quitman - 01/22/18 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Should have gone to Seth's.

Thanks,

Been there several times...just wanting to try something new.

I found Easley's Cattle Comapny in Canton to be as good as I've had. If you haven't tried it, you should.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: The Den Steakhouse - Quitman - 01/23/18 02:33 PM

Ty, sir!
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: The Den Steakhouse - Quitman - 01/29/18 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Ty, sir!

Those Quail legs were good in the Winnsboro Steak joint, it's been awhile though....? Did we eat steak ...LOL..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum