Texas Fishing Forum

I chased my truck today

Posted By: Nickbyrd

I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:11 AM

I'm out on a residential sight today running service calls. I fix this der gentlmens door . I Put my extension ladder up on the rack when he pulls out some money and says here it's for you . We argue for a minute cuz I can't take it don't want it and it feels wrong . He aays I won't pay the bill if you don't . So I take it don't want any static and ten he chats me up about why and we need more young men like you and people asking for hand outs and the government bla bla bla . Good guy great chat need to drink a beer with him outta work.Anyways I notice I'm behind schedule say bye got to run. Haul arse out of there . In a nice residential neigbor hood with lots of hills mind you I'm in a standard . I rember oh [censored] the ladder is not tied down . I immediatley pull over put in neutral and take keys out . Climb on top of rack to tie off ladder. Get a wierd feeling like I'm moving . I AM . I AM NOW ROLLING DOWN THE HILL ON TOP OF MY TRUCK! I jump off kind of roll and head for the door open it and yank on the e brake . all good ... Luckily hadn't picked up any speed .. The end
Posted By: Westside.

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:14 AM

Don't lick your calf twice applies here
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:23 AM

Is this your first time to drive a stick shift?
Posted By: junbengreat

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:26 AM

You're in Alvarado. We should drink a beer and talk about beer

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Westside Bass

Alright I haven't heard that one I'm prob going to regret it but I'll ask what does that mean
Posted By: jjfox09

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:29 AM

Well my dumb azz co worker forgot to close, latch, and lock the trailer door. I had concerned citizens honking and waving me down.

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: JayC41
first time was a 89 Beamer my gpa had and 3rd gear was toast . DIdnt ever touch a stick again until just a couple months ago . So no it's not but I am very green at it

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Nickbyrd
first time was a 89 Beamer my gpa had and 3rd gear was toast . DIdnt ever touch a stick again until just a couple months ago . So no it's not but I am very green at it

Put it in 1st gear when you park and turn it off.

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: junbengreat
we have a neighbor hood get together usually once a weekand door is always open bud
Posted By: Icepick

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:33 AM

Back in the day I drove nothing but standards. It only takes one time before you remember you have an emergency brake and you should use it.

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:34 AM

Noted sir any suggestions on taking off from a dead stop on a steep uphill with somebody right up your arse ? Scared I'm going to rol right into somebody
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:34 AM

*Neighborhood

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:37 AM

Noted sir any suggestions on taking off from a dead stop on a steep uphill with somebody right up your arse ? Scared I'm going to rol right into somebody

If parked leave the parking brake engaged let out on the clutch and give a littte gas until you feel it start to “pull” then releases the parking brake.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:38 AM

I saw a Burleson police officer get out of his vehicle and then chase it...but by the time he got to it, it had hit a parked car. Fortunately, it was a very low speed impact...and the guy in handcuffs in the backseat didn't seem any worse for wear. The supervisor showed up within a few minutes.

Glad you're okay.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:39 AM

Go do this a couple of times on Alsbury at Renfro...but do it in the middle of the night. You'll get the hang of it.

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:40 AM

The Ebrake is not a pull up handle type one its a pull out push in type one under the dash I've tried this method it feels awkward

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:42 AM

The Ebrake is not a pull up handle type one its a pull out push in type one under the dash I've tried this method it feels awkward

It will still work. I learned on an old farm truck that was 3 on the tree.

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:50 AM

Cool I stick with that then . What about pulling a trailer ? Haven't done it yet but am going to have too . It's a little Tacoma that shouldn't be pulling anything but whatever . Is it any different with the extra weight
Posted By: Jon

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:52 AM

It will still work. I learned on an old farm truck that was 3 on the tree.

Hell, I had one like that. Sometimes that hand brake lever was the only way to get the damn thing to stop! eeks

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 02:03 AM

My old Tacoma pulled just fine, slow going through the gears but once in 5th did fine

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 02:06 AM

My old Tacoma pulled just fine, slow going through the gears but once in 5th did fine
heavy loads ? I saw It pull a couple larger heavy rolling steels on a little dove tail one time and the two were not agreeing well lots of grinding and smoke coming from somewhere . Just asking to know what to expect

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 02:07 AM

Alright I haven't heard that one I'm prob going to regret it but I'll ask what does that mean

roflmao when I was a youngster working with my grandad on masonry jobs he would only let me screw up once, he would show me the correct way, then say, don't lick your calf twice, I'm positive it means don't eff up twice

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 02:09 AM

heavy loads ? I saw It pull a couple larger heavy rolling steels on a little dove tail one time and the two were not agreeing well lots of grinding and smoke coming from somewhere . Just asking to know what to expect

I just pulled my skeeter with it with bed loaded down, learn how to work the clutch and gears, rpms and sound you'll figure it out

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 02:10 AM

roflmao when I was a youngster working with my grandad on masonry jobs he would only let me screw up once, he would show me the correct way, then say, don't lick your calf twice, I'm positive it means don't eff up twice
got it grampa used to say lots of confusing things like that I just shook my head and said okay and still haven't found out where over yonder is either roflmao
Posted By: junbengreat

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 02:23 AM

we have a neighbor hood get together usually once a weekand door is always open bud

You don't seem excited about our potential bromance. I need someone to replace Dan90210 as my fishing drinking buddy
Posted By: Jon

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 02:33 AM

My papaw was colorful to say the least. One summer visit when I was around 9 or 10 and tagging along with him to work on a rent house I got to learn all sorts of things - some of which are not appropriate to repeat on here. LOL
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 02:34 AM

I've never owned an automatic vehicle. Neither has my wife. I'm still trying to convince her that the parking break is to be used, but it's good practice to also park it in gear. She is a redhead, so no matter what, im wrong.
Posted By: DavidWhatley

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 04:36 AM

Learn to give it gas at the same pace you let off the clutch. Also, after you get it moving, learn to shift without the clutch. Get the rpms up, let off the gas slightly, and change gears at the same time. I've driven many a card back home after a clutch burned out. Tricky part is at a red light. Put it in 2nd and hit the starter, it will jump forward, start and you're on your way again.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 09:54 AM

You don't seem excited about our potential bromance. I need someone to replace Dan90210 as my fishing drinking buddy

Did Dan Weinstein you?
Posted By: RickS.

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 12:58 PM

I watched a tow truck take out a privacy fence in Richardson. The driver got out. Guessing he put it in reverse instead of park. It backed itself right into someone's fence. Dude got back in and drove off.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 01:07 PM

Don't feel bad. If anyone has driven a standard for any length of time and says they NEVER parked in neutral without the E brake on they would be lying.

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: H2O Seeker
Don't feel bad. If anyone has driven a standard for any length of time and says they NEVER parked in neutral without the E brake on they would be lying.
nah I don't feel too bad was actually kind of funny after the terror and panic of wrecking a company vehicle went away . Would have been a really awkward conversation with my boss
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: I chased my truck today - 10/20/17 04:59 PM

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum