Texas Fishing Forum

Home owners Insurance

Posted By: CrappieHappy

Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 03:04 PM

Does anyone have Allstate? Pro's/Cons ? Any info/recommendations appreciated, trying to save some Money on renewal..

Thanks!
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 03:07 PM

All insurance companies are great companies.......

until you need the service you are paying for. Just pick one. Good luck.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 03:07 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...a_#Post12427161

PM me if you want my guys number.

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Derek 🐝

Thanks Buddy!
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 03:35 PM

Germania is one of the very best for home owner's insurance. Call them as well.
Posted By: Leonardo1

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 03:44 PM

There are pro's and con's with each and every one of them. If it saves you money then I wouldn't hesitate. There isn't a nickel difference between all the top tier companies. Personal preference and choice of agent.
Posted By: 410MAN

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 03:49 PM

I have had for 2 yrs now, I compared my old policy to their quote, I had to request only 1% deductible and have it written in my policy so it would be even compared to my old policy which was with Hartford. Allstate was ALMOST $600 lower than Hartford. Allstate has tried 2 times to get my auto ins on 2 vehicles, but not able beat my old policy with SAFCO

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: LoneStarSon

Thanks LSS !

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Leonardo1
There are pro's and con's with each and every one of them. If it saves you money then I wouldn't hesitate. There isn't a nickel difference between all the top tier companies. Personal preference and choice of agent.

Thanks Leornardo!

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: 410MAN
I have had for 2 yrs now, I compared my old policy to their quote, I had to request only 1% deductible and have it written in my policy so it would be even compared to my old policy which was with Hartford. Allstate was ALMOST $600 lower than Hartford. Allstate has tried 2 times to get my auto ins on 2 vehicles, but not able beat my old policy with SAFCO

Thanks for the info!
Posted By: Mo

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 04:05 PM

I have allstate for home , car and boat. I probably overpay , but the
last couple of home and auto claims could not have gone smoother.
NO hassles. on the wind claim for my house , I felt the Adjuster went out of his
way to give me all the $$ he could.

your mileage may vary smile

MO
Posted By: kcb

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 04:28 PM

Couple things to consider. How old is your roof? If it is going on 15 years it will be covered only as actual cash value. A number of companies do this. If you are a new client it applies to you too. Ask your salesperson or agent if "leaks" are covered. Some policies now cover water loss if it is sudden but not if it is a slow leak. I don't care what company name is on your policy, if there is no coverage you won't get money for the claim settlement.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 04:29 PM

Allstate homeowners and auto have been good as far as payouts over the past 2 decades. But... After my last huge hail claim on my homeowners, they dropped me like a hot rock after cutting me my last check. Took a while to find another insurance company willing to step up. I have several out buildings with metal roofs, and they didn't want to cover them anymore.

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Mo
I have allstate for home , car and boat. I probably overpay , but the
last couple of home and auto claims could not have gone smoother.
NO hassles. on the wind claim for my house , I felt the Adjuster went out of his
way to give me all the $$ he could.

your mileage may vary smile

MO

Thanks Mo!

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: kcb
Couple things to consider. How old is your roof? If it is going on 15 years it will be covered only as actual cash value. A number of companies do this. If you are a new client it applies to you too. Ask your salesperson or agent if "leaks" are covered. Some policies now cover water loss if it is sudden but not if it is a slow leak. I don't care what company name is on your policy, if there is no coverage you won't get money for the claim settlement.

roof replaced in 2010, I will ask those Questions.

Thanks!

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: dkershen
Allstate homeowners and auto have been good as far as payouts over the past 2 decades. But... After my last huge hail claim on my homeowners, they dropped me like a hot rock after cutting me my last check. Took a while to find another insurance company willing to step up. I have several out buildings with metal roofs, and they didn't want to cover them anymore.

Thanks for the info!
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Holzer

roflmao

Consumer Reports ranked them all recently.

USAA if you qualify was number one.

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx
Originally Posted By: Holzer

roflmao

Consumer Reports ranked them all recently.

USAA if you qualify was number one.

Thanks
Posted By: CrankAddict

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 07:11 PM

I have Allstate. Had a tree fall on my house this spring. They were fast and easy getting me a check out for repairs. The claims manager was horrible, but when I complained to my agent everything got way better. I'm happy with them. Contact eagle 2 on TFF. He's who I use.

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: CrankAddict
I have Allstate. Had a tree fall on my house this spring. They were fast and easy getting me a check out for repairs. The claims manager was horrible, but when I complained to my agent everything got way better. I'm happy with them. Contact eagle 2 on TFF. He's who I use.

Thanks!
Posted By: a777pilot

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/26/17 08:18 PM

I've used USAA for my insurance needs since 1969. I like them.
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/27/17 03:26 AM

For what it's worth, as an adjuster for Farmers, I hear terrible tales of Allstate adjusters on hail claims. Allstate requires 12+ hail hits per 10x10 test square when most other carriers require only 8. Unless things have recently changed they can be one of the toughest to get your roof paid for. Now for what it's worth I have no direct experience with them. This comes from daily interaction with contractors that deal with homeowners on these claims.

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/27/17 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: a777pilot
I've used USAA for my insurance needs since 1969. I like them.

Originally Posted By: Team Skeeterless
For what it's worth, as an adjuster for Farmers, I hear terrible tales of Allstate adjusters on hail claims. Allstate requires 12+ hail hits per 10x10 test square when most other carriers require only 8. Unless things have recently changed they can be one of the toughest to get your roof paid for. Now for what it's worth I have no direct experience with them. This comes from daily interaction with contractors that deal with homeowners on these claims.

Thanks Fellas...
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Home owners Insurance - 09/27/17 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: LoneStarSon
thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum