Texas Fishing Forum

Resume

Posted By: JavelinJ

Resume - 09/13/17 09:58 PM

What does todays resume look like? A company I know wants to talk to me but they need a resume to make it "official".

Do you still list objectives and whatnot?
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: Resume - 09/13/17 10:06 PM

txfour

skills: Overqualified

you're welcome.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Resume - 09/13/17 10:07 PM

txfour, keep it simple like on this sample. key words and association as well as tenure will go along way to getting you noticed. peep
Posted By: RATZ

I always though the objectives part was stupid. You want a job that's the objective.

Originally Posted By: cocodrie
txfour

skills: Overqualified

you're welcome.

I know right? I mean, c'mon, you yahoos called me. You obviously know I can sell stuff to people and stuff. And i can develop things that nobody can even figure out how to use. What more should I say?

Re: Resume - 09/13/17 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass&More
txfour, keep it simple like on this sample. key words and association as well as tenure will go along way to getting you noticed. peep

So a three ring binder with my many accolades doesn't work? Why have I been saving all of these awards for all these years?
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Resume - 09/13/17 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: RATZ
I always though the objectives part was stupid. You want a job that's the objective.

I also hate this part. As a hiring manager I see the same canned text in there every time.

Best resumes dont have that. Thats just IMO. Maybe that means something to someone else but not me.
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: Resume - 09/13/17 10:17 PM

You can use me as a referral if you wish. Just give them the URL for the OT and I'll vouch for you.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Resume - 09/13/17 10:39 PM

The objectives are important to know. If you as the employer are able to meet the objectives, there's a great chance you'll end up with a lasting, productive and happy employee.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Resume - 09/13/17 10:40 PM

Will you still be selling rubber and rubber accessories?
Posted By: TexasZman

Re: Resume - 09/13/17 10:43 PM

Jason Williams may want to investigate the difference between an "Analist" and an "Analyst".
Posted By: StephenB

Re: Resume - 09/13/17 10:50 PM

The only thing I have been able to figure out is that nobody ever agrees what should be on a resume. Everybody will find something different wrong with it. No matter how much you change it, you will never please more than about 25% of the people you show it to.

Even it you spend money to get it professionally done and then take that to another place that does resumes, the new place will change it all up.

Just give it a decent effort and make sure there aren't any misspelled words. smile (Try to keep it to one page with a decent amount of white space for easy readability.)
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Resume - 09/13/17 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasZman

Jason Williams may want to investigate the difference between an "Analist" and an "Analyst".

Maybe he's a brown-noser?
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Resume - 09/13/17 11:18 PM

Anal roflmao
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: Resume - 09/13/17 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: MBradford

It's a well respected trait in the corporate world.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Resume - 09/13/17 11:25 PM

Exactly what I was thinking MBradford, seems like there is at least one in every group.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Resume - 09/13/17 11:55 PM

Spanish fluent and Spanish fluent. He must have been a double Spanish major
Posted By: MARKIT

Re: Resume - 09/14/17 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Urban Fisher
Originally Posted By: MBradford

It's a well respected trait in the corporate world.
Jason has been with nisson for over 20 years
probably retired by now
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Resume - 09/14/17 03:10 AM

My wife has a degree in Human Resource Management and was a recruiter for 6 years until we started having kids. She can write a professional resume after a phone call with you and offers mock interviews over the phone. For a fee of course.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Resume - 09/14/17 03:54 AM

an(d) purchase versus lease

and misspelled annual (anual)
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Resume - 09/14/17 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By: H.Town_paddler
My wife has a degree in Human Resource Management and was a recruiter for 6 years until we started having kids. She can write a professional resume after a phone call with you and offers mock interviews over the phone. For a fee of course.

HR people never have to work with their hiring mistakes
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Resume - 09/14/17 09:01 AM

I haven't read the previous posts, but as someone who screens resumes for financial analysts...(I start from the bottom up)
Honors/activities: I don't care
Education: I'm curious
Skills: I don't really care, I'll figure it out in a phone screen if you get there
Experience: Bread and Butter tell me more
Profile: Don't care won't read

Format: Either you make the most of one page or two pages better be packed. Lots of blank space on this one.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Resume - 09/14/17 12:54 PM

peep
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Resume - 09/14/17 01:22 PM

There are so many references on line - you may get some good input here. I would refer to google for many good options as well.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Resume - 09/14/17 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Scagnetti
Originally Posted By: H.Town_paddler

HR people never have to work with their hiring mistakes

Hr people don't hire. They find qualified candidates, perform an initial interview, weed out the bad, and forward the good to the manager of the department that is hiring. The manager then interviews and makes the decision to offer the position or not.
Posted By: a777pilot

Re: Resume - 09/14/17 01:52 PM

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum