Texas Fishing Forum

Love bugs

Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Love bugs - 09/12/17 10:31 PM

They sure love my truck.

Went to Houston and back today and received the bug assault....
Posted By: Ride-or-Fish ®

Re: Love bugs - 09/12/17 10:32 PM

they nasty.
need to get a room and whatnot.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Love bugs - 09/12/17 10:39 PM

Some of them were doing there thing on my legs, on my arms and a couple even tried to get in my ear yesterday on Rayburn. They are blinded by love.
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: Love bugs - 09/12/17 10:40 PM

Same thing happened to me last week. I went to Bossier
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: Love bugs - 09/12/17 11:28 PM

If you spray your front end with PAM cooking spray (WD40 works too, but it will eat up any rubber, like the windshield gasket) before you leave, those puppies will wipe right off.
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Love bugs - 09/13/17 12:42 AM

Work down here by me. That's a 5 minute drive worth. Hell we've had equipment fail because there are so many sucked up in the radiator fins.
Posted By: RO519

Re: Love bugs - 09/13/17 01:38 AM

That's nothing. I'll get a icture of my grille in the morning. I killed a mess of them driving back from Rayburn Sunday afternoon. They were so thick they sounded like rain on the windshield.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Love bugs - 09/13/17 11:39 AM

I was thinking about posting how to get them off my truck. Not hardly any bug and tar remover left on the shelves at Walmart in my area. I bought some kind they had left in spray can and it doesn't work. Never thought I'd see the day walmart was out of bug and tar remover.

The car washes in Houston are charging up charges for bugs and in most cases with Trucks that run between Houston/East Tx etc they can't get them all off.

I've got to make sure they are not in my Radiator

Car wash took a picture of my truck a while back and posted it their face book page, before and after.
Posted By: SgtDag

Re: Love bugs - 09/13/17 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI
I was thinking about posting how to get them off my truck. Not hardly any bug and tar remover left on the shelves at Walmart in my area. I bought some kind they had left in spray can and it doesn't work. Never thought I'd see the day walmart was out of bug and tar remover.

The car washes in Houston are charging up charges for bugs and in most cases with Trucks that run between Houston/East Tx etc they can't get them all off.

I've got to make sure they are not in my Radiator

Car wash took a picture of my truck a while back and posted it their face book page, before and after.

wopics
Posted By: PaulGrapevine

Re: Love bugs - 09/13/17 12:28 PM

I was down in Houston last week and those things were everywhere. I've heard they will mess up your paint if you don't clean them off. Not sure if that's true.
Posted By: catchemk

Re: Love bugs - 09/13/17 12:31 PM

For removal, get you a bounce dryer sheet and the water hose. Wet the dryer sheet and wipe them off with very little effort

Re: Love bugs - 09/13/17 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: catchemk
For removal, get you a bounce dryer sheet and the water hose. Wet the dryer sheet and wipe them off with very little effort

Is this some sort of prank? Electrocution?
Posted By: catchemk

Re: Love bugs - 09/13/17 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Dag˛Bill

I've never been electrocuted by the water hose.

Re: Love bugs - 09/13/17 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Dag˛Bill

I've never been electrocuted by the water hose.

It was a joke, geesh You do realize what dryer sheets can produce?
Posted By: Cast

Re: Love bugs - 09/13/17 02:43 PM

These bugs are highly acidic and as they decompose their blood will etch the windshield and the surface of the truck. The wet dryer sheets are a valid tool for removal, but it takes several. Baking soda in water will tear them up chemically and make them come off easier. Add a little clear kerosene to the soda water bucket for the ultimate removal solution.

Wash the vehicle with soap and water after cleaning off the bugs.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Love bugs - 09/13/17 06:17 PM

Drove to Hempstead this morning, just hit carwash. Bugs everywhere
Posted By: COFF

Re: Love bugs - 09/13/17 08:26 PM

I remember years past where they were so bad you had to stop at pretty much every gas station you passed to wipe your windshield down. Not because there were a few dozen splats, but because there were thousands and you literally could not see through the glass.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Love bugs - 09/13/17 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: COFF
I remember years past where they were so bad you had to stop at pretty much every gas station you passed to wipe your windshield down. Not because there were a few dozen splats, but because there were thousands and you literally could not see through the glass.

Those were the good old days.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum