Texas Fishing Forum

Protesters in Houston

Posted By: Kicker16

Protesters in Houston - 08/18/17 10:11 PM

Tomorrow the BLM and other groups are coming to Houston. Sounds like
it over statues. Hope it's peaceful HPD don't play.
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/18/17 10:14 PM

Supposed to be some kind of rally in Dallas tomorrow, too
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/18/17 10:46 PM

The rally in Dallas is lets get our ugly faces on the news rally
Posted By: txshotgun

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/18/17 10:50 PM

Maybe protesting the $72 million Katy football stadium. Smh.
Posted By: TexasBlonde

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/18/17 11:03 PM

For some reason, I do not see Dallas PD being lenient on them. The last time protests were held in Dallas, some nut killed five officers who were protecting the protesters. You know that has to be weighing very heavy on their mind as well as on the mind of first responders and the rest of the fire department. I do remember a few years ago a fire was set on purpose and the gunman was picking off firefighters like ducks in a carnival game. He set the fire to facilitate him killing firefighters.

All I can say is prayers for the rallies staying peaceful and not turning into an excuse to riot, burn, and loot local businesses.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/18/17 11:07 PM

I protest Houston also.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 01:03 AM

Sam Houston owned slaves, better do some renaming , Stephen f Austin too, better change the name of that college, oh and the hippy filled capital. Maybe call it Cali.

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: WAWI
Sam Houston owned slaves, better do some renaming , Stephen f Austin too, better change the name of that college, oh and the hippy filled capital. Maybe call it Cali.

Sam Houston was very against secession. Ruined his career.

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Davedave

Thank you professor Dave
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 01:09 AM

si'

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 01:09 AM

Thank you professor Dave

Let me know if you need any help packing for your move.

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 01:14 AM

Thank you professor Dave

I got it covered

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 01:18 AM

the S is going to hit the fan
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 01:32 AM

Thank you professor Dave

Ask Borden if i can be his new net man on Squaw Creek.

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 01:48 AM

Lol
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: TexasBlonde
For some reason, I do not see Dallas PD being lenient on them. The last time protests were held in Dallas, some nut killed five officers who were protecting the protesters. You know that has to be weighing very heavy on their mind as well as on the mind of first responders and the rest of the fire department. I do remember a few years ago a fire was set on purpose and the gunman was picking off firefighters like ducks in a carnival game. He set the fire to facilitate him killing firefighters.

All I can say is prayers for the rallies staying peaceful and not turning into an excuse to riot, burn, and loot local businesses.

Does Dallas even have a chief now?
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 02:40 AM

I wonder if the other side is gonna come to counter protest?
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 02:50 AM

2 of the three of our elementary school names. No name changes planned at this time.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 02:52 AM

Anyone look at demographics of the pics of the protesters?
Posted By: TexasBlonde

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: MrRoachie

The new Dallas police chief is a woman, Ulysha Renee Hall. She will either super good or will wash out in 3 to 6 months. Time will tell.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 03:06 AM

Once they've taken down all of the statues, then what? Will they stop or will they continue to riot, loot and say how oppressed they are?

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 04:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Pintail711
Once they've taken down all of the statues, then what? Will they stop or will they continue to riot, loot and say how oppressed they are?
They've changed all the "offensive" names of the schools in Houston ISD, it'll probably come to every town eventually. And no telling what else will change.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 05:39 AM

In the movies, Sam Houston had an African American wife-like woman.
Since it is in the movies, he should get a free pass.

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 10:49 AM

The new Dallas police chief is a woman, Ulysha Renee Hall. She will either super good or will wash out in 3 to 6 months. Time will tell.

She don't start till September.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 11:23 AM

Making Houston proud. hmmm

SJL
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 12:33 PM

So where does this end? Do we have every last vestige of the Confederacy ripped down, including war cemeteries? Desecrating the graves of brave soldiers would be about right for these lunatics.

One tiny fact that seems to be lost to the protesters is that the Confederates were granted asylum and welcomed back to the Union. Even General Robert E Lee received amnesty in 1868 from President Johnson and became an American again. The statues and flags that these idiots want removed are symbols of AMERICANS.

I wonder when the book burnings are scheduled to begin? So much for Lincoln words in the Gettysburg address ...
Posted By: Texasredneck70

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 01:59 PM

Funny a gentleman last night at dinner asked when will they start removing M.L.K. statue.

The room had big argument crazy how times are changing.

Barry

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 02:19 PM

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dd6_1502878405

watch this
most of the protesters are 30 something snowflakes
holding a Starbucks
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 02:27 PM

A bunch of unemployed idiot's trying to get some free T.V time. Hope it all goes peaceful.

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bird
Making Houston proud. hmmm

SJL
barfMan she's a piece of work.

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: butch sanders

watch this
holding a Starbucks
That cop was none to happy. And the lady replying to the cop "that's on your hands" rolleyes

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Kicker16

watch this
holding a Starbucks
That cop was none to happy. And the lady replying to the cop "that's on your hands" rolleyes

absurd
that "lady" is about the most rank human i can remember
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 04:17 PM

Local pastor writes Letter to the Editor today in Temple newspaper. Wanting Confederate symbols/statues removed.

Here is my reply submission.

In response to Rev. Harrisons Confederate symbols Letter to the Editor.
Today, a little more than one hundred fifty years after the close of the Civil War, the descendants of the men and women who participated in that conflict are a united people and constitute the greatest nation in the world. The nations wounds have long since healed and the scars, which they have left now, serve to knit the American people more closely together than ever.
However, there is still some hell bent on reopening the old wounds of the past by insisting that the remembrance of those who died during this terrible war constitutes an act of racial prejudice or intolerance.
In Rev. Harrisons letter, he goes as far as to rationalize racial prejudice by saying that a civil war statue instills attitudes of bigotry in the hearts of their children instead of accepting and understanding the many people of color.
To this, I reply. Please concentrate on your profession and the teachings of the Bible. Quit fanning the flames of racial divide in our community where none exist.

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 04:39 PM

Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 04:39 PM

Well said T Bird. thumb
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 09:14 PM

The first slave owner here was a black man, I think his name was Avery Johnson.

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 10:04 PM

Posted By: skeeterK

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 10:06 PM

It has already started here. Early this week the Christoper Columbus statue in Houston was vandalized. Out here where I live it's common to see the stars & bars in front yards and in the back of pickups. I really believe there would be a fight if those protesters make it over to this side of the bridge.

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: skeeterK
It has already started here. Early this week the Christoper Columbus statue in Houston was vandalized. Out here where I live it's common to see the stars & bars in front yards and in the back of pickups. I really believe there would be a fight if those protesters make it over to this side of the bridge.
Yea I saw on the news about the CC statue. And yep it's common to see the stars & bars in yards and in the back of pickups out here also. They go to the wrong parts of the area and things could get interesting real quick.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Curt0407
Well said T Bird. thumb

+1
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 10:55 PM

What I find interesting is they are protesting statutes which in many cases were put up something like 100 years ago? Who ran the Southern States once they got rid of the carpetbaggers? Well, lo and behold, it was none other than the Democrat Party who brought you none other than the KKK, ride in the back of the bus, and on and on and on.

Now they're trying to wash the stains off their hands and act like they never supported that stuff.

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/19/17 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: R.J.E.
The first slave owner here was a black man, I think his name was Avery Johnson.

First slave owner was whoever across the pond who sold them to the traders.
Posted By: donothin

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: T Bird
Local pastor writes Letter to the Editor today in Temple newspaper. Wanting Confederate symbols/statues removed.

Here is my reply submission.

In response to Rev. Harrisons Confederate symbols Letter to the Editor.
Today, a little more than one hundred fifty years after the close of the Civil War, the descendants of the men and women who participated in that conflict are a united people and constitute the greatest nation in the world. The nations wounds have long since healed and the scars, which they have left now, serve to knit the American people more closely together than ever.
However, there is still some hell bent on reopening the old wounds of the past by insisting that the remembrance of those who died during this terrible war constitutes an act of racial prejudice or intolerance.
In Rev. Harrisons letter, he goes as far as to rationalize racial prejudice by saying that a civil war statue instills attitudes of bigotry in the hearts of their children instead of accepting and understanding the many people of color.
".....the wounds have long since healed." You have got to be kidding.
To this, I reply. Please concentrate on your profession and the teachings of the Bible. Quit fanning the flames of racial divide in our community where none exist.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 12:47 PM

Who's gonna pay all the idiot protesters if old George Soros ups and dies?
Posted By: Fishbreeder

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Kicker16
Originally Posted By: skeeterK
Yea I saw on the news about the CC statue. And yep it's common to see the stars & bars in yards and in the back of pickups out here also. They go to the wrong parts of the area and things could get interesting real quick.

No doubt some of the "New Black Pan....I meant to say, "New American Taliban," who are hell bent on destroying history and making GD Sure that The South continues to remain a conquered and occupied territory, haven't got enough education or common sense to know that Christopher Columbus WAS NOT a Confederate general.

Just as the Taliban and ISIS have been destroying and/or looting priceless statues, artwork and temples that are "offensive," to them, no matter their archeaological or historical significance or value, American groups like BLM, ANTIFA and such are doing the exact same things, and we (the US) are not only tolerating it, we are encouraging it.

Makes me want to puke.

And add to it these groups are too dam stupid to even know or understand a thing about the people the statues they so hate, represent.

So, why has nobody thought about tearing down statues dedicated to a philandering proselytizer/false prophet? Or have they? Where does it stop?

If we are to remove the vestiges of history because those that lived it were less than perfect, then the ONLY statue we could have would be the ONLY perfect person to have ever walked the Earth.

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 01:47 PM

Its amazing how a very small few of the total population want to change history and the way of life I was brought up in. Look at the ones protesting and the stupid idiots that want to follow them. I am surprised that law makers are listening to these idiots and changing history to fit an agenda. Its time to say NO to the left wing liberal's. Just my two cents.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Its amazing how a very small few of the total population want to change history and the way of life I was brought up in. Look at the ones protesting and the stupid idiots that want to follow them. I am surprised that law makers are listening to these idiots and changing history to fit an agenda. Its time to say NO to the left wing liberal's. Just my two cents.

This is so true. The amount of people are counted in the thousands, not tens of thousands or more, but thousands. 250 million people and thousands can make this much chit happen.
If the rest of us would start screaming and rioting those people would be drowned out and disappear.
That is what Siros and BLM know. A few can cause big problems.
Don't just write your congressman or sign on line petions. Go out on the opposition when these idiots march and block them.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 02:28 PM

I won't be supporting the BLM movement but won't be standing with the KKK or Nazis either.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 02:40 PM

I propose we split the US into 2 new countries. The liberal North and the Conservative South, people choose what country they want to live in and follow the rules set, if you don't like the rules...you move someplace else instead of bi$@hing/protesting.
Posted By: Jman

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 02:54 PM

More protestors outside a Church's Fried Chicken

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 02:56 PM

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 03:56 PM

watch this
holding a Starbucks

Posted By: fishslime

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 06:01 PM

Always thought Church's had the freshest fried chicken anywhere. That explains it.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 06:57 PM

and America continues it downward spiral.

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master
Sad to watch
Posted By: 9094

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: ko bass attack 27
I won't be supporting the BLM movement but won't be standing with the KKK or Nazis either.

Who said anything about joining the KKK or new nazis? You don't have to be part of a hate group to stand up for what is right.
Posted By: slipbobber

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 09:37 PM

Unbelievable. I might believe that if it were Chicago or NYC but how on Earth does that happen in Dallas Texas of all places. We need to take back the south the Yankees and liberals can have everything above the Mason Dixon and turn it all into Detroit for all I care.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 10:06 PM

"Dallas Names Detroit's U. Renee Hall as Next Chief of Police"

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Dallas-...-435436373.html
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: 9094
Originally Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Who said anything about joining the KKK or new nazis? You don't have to be part of a hate group to stand up for what is right.

Agreed. Standing up against tyranny doesn't mean you have to be part of BLM or the KKK.
Posted By: Buckshotbuddy

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 10:38 PM

Why because people are against white supremacists? You're ok with nazis marching around spewing hate speech? I wonder how the world war vets would feel about Americans siding with nazis on American soil, seems kind of like they fought and died for nothing
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/20/17 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Buckshotbuddy

Why because people are against white supremacists? You're ok with nazis marching around spewing hate speech? I wonder how the world war vets would feel about Americans siding with nazis on American soil, seems kind of like they fought and died for nothing

They're not the only ones that have spewed hate, BLM was as bad or worse.
Posted By: 786

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/21/17 04:01 AM

If we are to indeed learn from history, what better way could there be than reading the very words of two of the states that resulted in the Civil War?
DECLARATION OF CAUSES: February 2, 1861
A declaration of the causes which impel the State of Texas to secede from the Federal Union

"She was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery--the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits--a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time. Her institutions and geographical position established the strongest ties between her and other slave-holding States of the confederacy."

"In all the non-slave-holding States, in violation of that good faith and comity which should exist between entirely distinct nations, the people have formed themselves into a great sectional party, now strong enough in numbers to control the affairs of each of those States, based upon the unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery, proclaiming the debasing doctrine of the equality of all men, irrespective of race or color--a doctrine at war with nature, in opposition to the experience of mankind, and in violation of the plainest revelations of the Divine Law. They demand the abolition of negro slavery throughout the confederacy, the recognition of political equality between the white and the negro races, and avow their determination to press on their crusade against us, so long as a negro slave remains in these States."

"That in this free government all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations; while the destruction of the existing relations between the two races, as advocated by our sectional enemies, would bring inevitable calamities upon both and desolation upon the fifteen slave-holding States."
https://www.tsl.texas.gov/ref/abouttx/secession/2feb1861.html

A Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of the State of Mississippi from the Federal Union
"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin."
https://www.civilwar.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/21/17 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By: 21xs Elite
Originally Posted By: Buckshotbuddy

They're not the only ones that have spewed hate, BLM was as bad or worse.

Justifying it does no good either. I do not think you were implying that but just to be clear both sides are wrong and will be a part off the next decade unfortunately.
Posted By: slipbobber

Re: Protesters in Houston - 08/21/17 04:52 AM

Originally Posted By: 786
If we are to indeed learn from history, what better way could there be than reading the very words of two of the states that resulted in the Civil War?
DECLARATION OF CAUSES: February 2, 1861
A declaration of the causes which impel the State of Texas to secede from the Federal Union

"She was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery--the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits--a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time. Her institutions and geographical position established the strongest ties between her and other slave-holding States of the confederacy."

"In all the non-slave-holding States, in violation of that good faith and comity which should exist between entirely distinct nations, the people have formed themselves into a great sectional party, now strong enough in numbers to control the affairs of each of those States, based upon the unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery, proclaiming the debasing doctrine of the equality of all men, irrespective of race or color--a doctrine at war with nature, in opposition to the experience of mankind, and in violation of the plainest revelations of the Divine Law. They demand the abolition of negro slavery throughout the confederacy, the recognition of political equality between the white and the negro races, and avow their determination to press on their crusade against us, so long as a negro slave remains in these States."

"That in this free government all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations; while the destruction of the existing relations between the two races, as advocated by our sectional enemies, would bring inevitable calamities upon both and desolation upon the fifteen slave-holding States."
https://www.tsl.texas.gov/ref/abouttx/secession/2feb1861.html

A Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of the State of Mississippi from the Federal Union
"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin."
https://www.civilwar.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states

At the time they were in the right. It was an industry that they depended on, the north didn't depend on it as much.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum