Texas Fishing Forum

great deal on some truck tires

Posted By: hopalong

great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 11:34 AM

Nitto Terra Grappler G2 Tire LT285/75R18/10 129/126R

$191.10
Rollback
Was$312.84Save$121.74

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nitto-Terra-Grappler-G2-Tire-LT285-75R18-10-129-126R/43411211

wal mart will not install them though, they told me they change your speedometer and if you get a ticket you might sue them. (not goin to the wall for my response, lets just say the mgr did not like my "attitude")

got them delivered to the store and installed at discount tire/wheel (not discount with the po'd old lady) for less than I was about to spend on the 275/70/18 nitto. WINNIN!

these fit a ford with level kit with no problem.

bannana2

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 11:38 AM

LT285/75R18 E 129/126R 215440 17.0 34.84 11.26 7.5-(8.0)-9.5 4080/3750 @ 80 64.44

they are 35/11.25 and fit my 8.5" factory rims.

patience and shopping around paid off for once. only been lookin for about 3 months lol.
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 11:39 AM

Congrats
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 11:40 AM

R18? No use to me. I roll on twankys.

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: H.Town_paddler
R18? No use to me. I roll on twankys.

does spanky know you are on his twanky?
Posted By: BassFever

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 12:18 PM

Dang is it still 1990?? Who rolls on 18's these days????? roflmao
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 12:23 PM

My wheelbarrow has 18s
Posted By: Frenzy

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 12:55 PM

Now if only you could find a great deal on a real truck to put them tires on. bolt
Posted By: TCK73

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 01:02 PM

That is a good deal Hop. The markup on tires is terrible. I have national accounts with three companies and the national account price is 35% cheaper on average. The local dealers cannot even buy them as cheap as I can. Ridiculous.
Posted By: THF_BigPig

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 01:08 PM

Why didn't you just go to Discount Tire to buy them? Seems like a lot of work to buy tires from 1 store and have them installed at another. Discount Tire price matches any competitor

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: THF_BigPig
Why didn't you just go to Discount Tire to buy them? Seems like a lot of work to buy tires from 1 store and have them installed at another. Discount Tire price matches any competitor

this is not the same one with the grumpy granny that tosses the tire, small chain in paris and sulphur springs, maybe elsewhere.

I planned on wally world installing them then when at the dealer next week have them re balance them. no disclaimer on the web site.

and as for buying them there, the 121.10 off made a huge difference, they came out cheaper than the size I had on by about 50.00 even after the extra cost for install.

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Frenzy
Now if only you could find a great deal on a real truck to put them tires on. bolt

when was the last time your dodge towed a 35' motorhome? well, that's too long! roflmao

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: BassFever
Dang is it still 1990?? Who rolls on 18's these days????? roflmao

those of us that don't roll the thug life, and don't wanna pay the markup for 20's, dat who. roflmao
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 01:31 PM

I'm rollin 20's up in here biker peep
Posted By: Trickster

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 01:32 PM

Is this where the rubber meets the road?
Posted By: Jacob

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 02:31 PM

Do you ever have problems with Nitto's cupping the tread? My Dad is looking for some 17's.

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: hopalong

this is not the same one with the grumpy granny that tosses the tire, small chain in paris and sulphur springs, maybe elsewhere.

I planned on wally world installing them then when at the dealer next week have them re balance them. no disclaimer on the web site.

and as for buying them there, the 121.10 off made a huge difference, they came out cheaper than the size I had on by about 50.00 even after the extra cost for install.

Gotcha. I did try to order tires through Walmart once for the wife's 370Z. It had 19's and they were staggered. Was told they wouldn't install on 19's because they were dangerous and not the factory size. I explained that they were the factory size and it's like any other wheel. He told me that no car comes with a staggered tire size like that rolleyes

Went to DT with the price and had them price matched

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Jacob
Do you ever have problems with Nitto's cupping the tread? My Dad is looking for some 17's.

been real happy with the first set
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 03:40 PM

Posted By: BassFever

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 03:47 PM

Gotcha. I did try to order tires through Walmart once for the wife's 370Z. It had 19's and they were staggered. Was told they wouldn't install on 19's because they were dangerous and not the factory size. I explained that they were the factory size and it's like any other wheel. He told me that no car comes with a staggered tire size like that rolleyes

\

Several lawsuits over this.
Posted By: Nocona Brian

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 04:03 PM

There's several different cars that come with 19's or staggered wheels. I remember the first time I ever did some of those staggered wheels on some kind of Vette back when I worked at the DT here. They had directional tires and I knew the fronts were smaller than the rear, but between that and the sensors on the wheels, somehow that ended up being one of the biggest PITA's I ever worked on.

The only things we wouldn't touch were 2 piece wheels, or half sized wheels. That came from cooperate.

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 04:35 PM

\

\

Why? You can't tell me tha a 19 inch wheel is any more dangerous than a 15,16,17,18,20,21,22,23,24 etc.
Posted By: Ricky Taylor

Re: great deal on some truck tires - 03/23/17 05:18 PM

22"s or busttttt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum