Texas Fishing Forum

DIRECT TV people.....

Posted By: M Squared

DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 01:09 AM

New member to Direct TV and like it so far. With that being said..Should I have a back up plan to watch the Cowboy game with a 70% chance of storms that afternoon? How bad do storms effect the signal?

Cable people, no need to reply..........Go back to uninterrupted service and enjoy the game
Posted By: skankysally

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 01:12 AM

We just got Direct 2 weeks ago

So I'm not sure
Posted By: Drodge

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 01:13 AM

There's no telling. I don't think there is any consistency to it. Some storms effect it some storms don't.
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 01:15 AM

Big thick thunderstorms in your area may possibly affect it. It certainly does ours.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 01:15 AM

It can certainly be an issue and it seems to happen when you least want it to happen.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 01:19 AM

Shouldn't miss but 1 touchdown. 2 at most.
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 01:22 AM

Watch on phone if you have at&t.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 01:36 AM

I'm a Dish user but Direct has to be pretty much the same. For me it takes a pretty good storm to knock mine out. Even then the local channels will typically tune in when the cable channels wont. That said the last forecast I saw showed the storms mostly moving in later Sunday evening into Monday. But I'm no Hop, so it will probably snow all day Sunday.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 01:45 AM

That's why I dropped the satellite companies, too much disruption from weather. What little times it did snow and I wanted to watch Tv I had to get on the roof and clean the damn thing. Storms would disrupt it just about evrytime. Maybe it has gotten better but I am good with uverse for now
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 01:48 AM

I have dish and am hoping it is clear by then too peep
Posted By: TGalyon1

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Drodge
There's no telling. I don't think there is any consistency to it. Some storms effect it some storms don't.

I have it. Some times I loss service until storms moves past. Some times it will last 20 minutes or so. But dish is no better
Posted By: OhYou

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 02:39 AM

If it's just rain you will be fine, it's usually only the bad storms that we lose signal for any time, typically 15 min or less and those are few and far between.
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 02:58 AM

My directv hasn't cut out in years
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 03:00 AM

I only lose my sat briefly in heavy downpours
Posted By: JustWingem

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: M Squared
New member to Direct TV and like it so far. With that being said..Should I have a back up plan to watch the Cowboy game with a 70% chance of storms that afternoon? How bad do storms effect the signal?

Cable people, no need to reply..........Go back to uninterrupted service and enjoy the game

Down load the Fox Sports go ap and you can watch it via wifi.

IPhone had a HDMI cable you can purchase. I use it on the go in hotels to stream Netflix to the TV
Posted By: RipDaLips

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 03:10 AM

Why ya'll paying these companies to watch TV, when shizzle is free over the air??

SMDH here.
Posted By: TR176

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 05:17 AM

With my dish it goes out when those straight line thunderstorms go through mostly in the spring.But when it is overcast and steady rain there is no effect.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 10:24 AM

boss has direct tv and it takes a pretty good storm to knock it out. I lose the satellite internet way before I lose tv.

I do suggest you get a good weather radio for the times it does get knocked out, those tend to be the ones that get yer attention. grin
Posted By: RATZ

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: 44 Diesel
I am good with uverse for now

I love my U-Verse too, but it's going away sooner rather than later since AT&T bought DirectV
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 11:47 AM

No
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Hancock
I only lose my sat briefly in heavy downpours

Same here, and if the storm is slightly south of me
Posted By: Cast

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 12:59 PM

Had DirectTv for over 20 years and can count rain fade outages on one hand.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 01:16 PM

Has to be a deluge to lose signal and I think the longest I ever lost signal was about 10 minutes. It usually goes down for 1-2 minutes. I'd lose signal maybe 3-4 times a year. We watch a lot of TV.

I gave up DirecTV(only 1 direction to shoot for the signal) when I got my new roof (metal) they said they couldn't mount a dish on a pole higher than 4' and that wouldn't get me a signal. Dish came out (they shoot to 2 different satellites) and set me up. My DirecTV saga has a much more in depth story ... I was a 18 year DirecTV customer.
Posted By: Baylor12

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: RipDaLips
Why ya'll paying these companies to watch TV, when shizzle is free over the air??

SMDH here.

Agree here. If you need the DirectTV for other stuff keep it. But run to best by and get you an Digital Antenna ($20-$100 if you get carried away). I have one that does not require a power connection and can sit next to the tv or on the wall. All NFL games air on regular channels. They are free with the antenna.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Baylor12
Originally Posted By: RipDaLips

SMDH here.

Agree here. If you need the DirectTV for other stuff keep it. But run to best by and get you an Digital Antenna ($20-$100 if you get carried away). I have one that does not require a power connection and can sit next to the tv or on the wall. All NFL games air on regular channels. They are free with the antenna.

Not here I don't think then with minimal programming.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 02:39 PM

For the OP - I haven't had any trouble with DirecTV cutting out on me. Never had much trouble with Dish Network either.

As for getting rid of TV coverage, I have some buddies who have done it. They spend all their TV time on the internet instead and watch a few shows through Netflix, a Firestick or Roku or whatever. If you watch sports, none of those are really an option. NFL games don't all air on regular channels (Thursday night on NFL Network, Monday night on ESPN). Rangers games are often on Fox Sports Southwest. Longhorns games are anywhere and everywhere (LHN, ESPN, ESPN2, network sometimes, etc.). And I really enjoy stuff like the history channel and a few other things. And there's no way my wife is going to survive without hallmark channel. So to each their own. I pay $65 a month for DirecTV, and that $550 a year is the cheapest entertainment for the amount of time we use it that there is available.
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 06:08 PM

Usually it needs to be a heavy rainfall to interrupt signal. If it is just a continual shower, should be fine.
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 07:12 PM

A gentle breeze or a cloud in Kansas knocks out our DirecTV.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: DIRECT TV people..... - 01/12/17 09:14 PM

Had Direct in Henderson Co. It would black out a little during strong bad storms, but overall, it was pretty good. Have Verizon Fios now, it's great.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum