Texas Fishing Forum

Clover-seeded lawns

Posted By: Floon Swenson

Clover-seeded lawns - 03/11/24 09:53 PM

Have any of you heroes done this? I'm tired of grass. Clover looks good, it is easy, and it's less water-intensive.

Apparently back in the day this was a thing. Just curious if any of y'all have forsaken this dumb grass and tried this.
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Clover-seeded lawns - 03/11/24 10:18 PM

IMHO, it looks like [censored]. Grass should be bladed and cursed at like a sailor at least five times a year.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Clover-seeded lawns - 03/11/24 10:22 PM

We have one in our neighborhood that is a rent house and I agree looks terrible.
Posted By: fuzzion

Re: Clover-seeded lawns - 03/11/24 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Floon Swenson
Have any of you heroes done this? I'm tired of grass. Clover looks good, it is easy, and it's less water-intensive.

Apparently back in the day this was a thing. Just curious if any of y'all have forsaken this dumb grass and tried this.

Check out the thread I posted in the diy landscaping section. I was thinking the same thing. The expert opinions say don't do it.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Clover-seeded lawns - 03/11/24 10:39 PM

Don’t need to seed for it around here, I fight it like crazy
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Clover-seeded lawns - 03/11/24 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Duke 22
IMHO, it looks like [censored]. Grass should be bladed and cursed at like a sailor at least five times a year.

roflmao
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Clover-seeded lawns - 03/11/24 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

roflmao

he is either lying or he cuts his lawn between the yard service coming, you have to cuss it at least a dozen times to make it worth while.
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Clover-seeded lawns - 03/11/24 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

roflmao

he is either lying or he cuts his lawn between the yard service coming, you have to cuss it at least a dozen times to make it worth while.

I have a hand that takes care of the yard, he likes it better than working cattle probably because he gets to sit on his butt. I don't really care care as long as it looks nice.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Clover-seeded lawns - 03/11/24 11:01 PM

I see monetary possibilities here.

st. paddy's day, 20.00 for 30 mins to find a 4 leaf clover, 30.00 for an hr.

this could even be a 2 week long event leading up to st. paddy's day.

p.s. I get 10% for thinking of it.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Clover-seeded lawns - 03/11/24 11:09 PM

I have a friend who's entire lawn is monkey grass. He trims it in the Spring and hires a guy to blow all the leaves out in late Fall.
That's it for the year.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Clover-seeded lawns - 03/12/24 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Don’t need to seed for it around here, I fight it like crazy

I'm still killing clover , it came early this year
Posted By: MARKIT

Re: Clover-seeded lawns - 03/12/24 11:59 AM

I have it here, it’s green and looks pretty good
Scott’s turf builder started the war on clover , started calling it a weed
Then sell you some weed killer
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Clover-seeded lawns - 03/12/24 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

I have a friend who's entire lawn is monkey grass. He trims it in the Spring and hires a guy to blow all the leaves out in late Fall.
That's it for the year.

There is a type of monkey grass that grows in shade. Pretty much the only grass that grows in 100% shade.it takes years, but you can actually mow it fairly low and fill in large shaded areas that will not grow anything else
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Clover-seeded lawns - 03/12/24 02:40 PM

wopics
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Clover-seeded lawns - 03/13/24 03:56 PM

monkey grass

[Linked Image]

think outside the box
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum