Texas Fishing Forum

Student loan forgiveness

Posted By: bloo_rainger

Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 10:17 PM

Evidently our communist government has disregarded the supreme court’s decision on student loan forgiveness.
Posted By: Ranger Bill

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 10:21 PM

I’m ready for the 2021 Ford Expedition. Where do I sign up for loan forgiveness?

Not really, I always pay what I owe. I guess I’m the sucker in the room?
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 10:25 PM

My kid pays, they pay. I support everybody and their dog...literally...I get nothing. Sounds fair.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 10:36 PM

more tax dollars buying votes in the most open way possible, sure, why not?

too bad no one in congress has any balls, take away funding from dept. of education to match what he forgives.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong

too bad no one in congress has any balls, take away funding from dept. of education to match what he forgives.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 11:12 PM

Lets move this over to the Bunker because we are not supposed to have a political thread in the OT.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 11:13 PM

Meanwhile, every taxpayer is already on the hook for $250,000 as their “fair share” of the national debt.
How about cancelling that first.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 11:21 PM

The scotus said no...they do it anyway.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

[Linked Image]

I love it when people want their debts cancelled while displaying in their attire or appearance how they waste money.
Posted By: pchapin

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 11:29 PM

I read that the loan forgiveness was only if you borrowed $12,000 or less and have paid on the loan for at least ten years. My question is how you pay on a $12,000 loan for ten years and not have it paid off?

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1
Lets move this over to the Bunker because we are not supposed to have a political thread in the OT.

Everyone needs to know the truth.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 11:43 PM

Nah, keep it here where it'll get more views... Dan
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

Everyone needs to know the truth.

Lol
He obviously doesn’t know how to use the “Do not click on this thread again” function-

It’s really hard for some-

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 11:50 PM

*Let’s
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by pchapin
I read that the loan forgiveness was only if you borrowed $12,000 or less and have paid on the loan for at least ten years. My question is how you pay on a $12,000 loan for ten years and not have it paid off?

SCOTUS kept him from giving blanket forgivingness so he's been using programs that predated him, by a lot in some cases. Some of the loans forgiven required that they had paid 20 years or more. I know one of the forgiveness programs he is using was started in 2007. You'd need to look for yourself as its complicated but in short, the govt let them pay an amount so low that they could end up paying till the end of the world and still not pay it off.
Posted By: pchapin

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 11:55 PM

SCOTUS kept him from giving blanket forgivingness so he's been using programs that predated him, by a lot in some cases. Some of the loans forgiven required that they had paid 20 years or more. I know one of the forgiveness programs he is using was started in 2007. You'd need to look for yourself as its complicated but in short, the govt let them pay an amount so low that they could end up paying till the end of the world and still not pay it off.

Sounds like their payments were less than the interest accruing. That explains how some woman on the news had been paying for twenty years and owed almost as much as when she graduated. Her degree must have been in basket weaving.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 11:57 PM

“The government lets them” …😆maybe instead of gender studies they should’ve taken a class on compound interest.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/21/24 11:58 PM

Evidently they weren’t taught how to pay bills.
Posted By: Grasshopperglock

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 12:01 AM

I acquired two BA's and paid the loans back.

Why am I not getting a refund?

Why are people getting a pass on a bill they signed for?

Nobody demanded you go to college. So WTF?

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 12:06 AM

SCOTUS kept him from giving blanket forgivingness so he's been using programs that predated him, by a lot in some cases.

Did the rest of us taxpayers get in on some forgivingness for the forgivingness he just gave to those idiots or are we funding all the forgivingness?

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 12:08 AM

How about all the bleeding heart liberals that want to buy votes forgive student debt step up for what they apparently believe in and pay the student debt … and leave the rest of us out of it.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 12:11 AM

Because the degree they choose is worthless.

Nobody wants to hire someone with a degree in bitching.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 12:13 AM

Gotta buy them votes somehow.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Scoundrel
How about all the bleeding heart liberals that want to buy votes forgive student debt step up for what they apparently believe in and pay the student debt … and leave the rest of us out of it.

It’s the liberal way - billions to Zelenskyy, billions to kids for worthless degrees- Allison thinks it’s all great- then he talks about fiscal responsibility…😂

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 12:15 AM

Damn, I've missed this place.
Posted By: skeeterokc

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 12:16 AM

Do people that did not get a degree still get their loan forgiven?

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 12:17 AM

Local school tax exemption if you homeschool your kids?

Yeah, No.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Scoundrel
Meanwhile, every taxpayer is already on the hook for $250,000 as their “fair share” of the national debt.
How about cancelling that first.

The elephant in the room that everybody is ignoring!
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Grasshopperglock
Local school tax exemption if you homeschool your kids?

Yeah, No.

What about if you never had any children and still pay high priced school taxes?
Posted By: RCarter

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 12:45 AM

What do you think these that are getting loan forgiveness are going to say when their children and grandchildren are having to pay it back?
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by RCarter
What do you think these that are getting loan forgiveness are going to say when their children and grandchildren are having to pay it back?

Their thinking doesn't go any further than wondering what they're gonna eat for dinner.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 01:11 AM

The children and grandchildren will be taking care of them most likely.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Duke 22

Their thinking doesn't go any further than wondering what they're gonna eat for dinner.

The more kids they have, the less each one will have to pay.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 01:13 AM

That was their choice, nobody had a gun to their head when signing on the dotted line. I bet half their parents were members of the Columbia House 12 cd's for a penny scam too.
Posted By: Board Pro

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 01:18 AM

Anyone that would go to school and pay for it via a loan that they have an obligation to pay back and will accept using our tax dollars to pay their debts is a grade A piece of sh**. If your kids choose to have their loans forgiven, they are grade A pieces of sh**.

Get on your knees and lick Biden's feet boot lickers! coach
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Board Pro
Anyone that would go to school and pay for it via a loan that they have an obligation to pay back and will accept using our tax dollars to pay their debts is a grade A piece of sh**. If your kids choose to have their loans forgiven, they are grade A pieces of sh**.

my family is going all in
we will get around
$120K
&
U will be paying for it
cha ching
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by butch sanders

we will get around
$120K
&
U will be paying for it
cha ching

You are a worthless crook.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Duke 22

The more kids they have, the less each one will have to pay.

roflmao

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Ghost4BH

we will get around
$120K
&
U will be paying for it
cha ching

120K is about the amount of times we have passed your old lady around
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 02:30 AM

This thread has potential.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by rj74955

Just needs Carl or S4B to show up.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 03:47 AM

we will get around
$120K
&
U will be paying for it
cha ching

Are you really planning on sticking the taxpayer?
Posted By: Jon

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 06:30 AM

What's the over / under on how many pages this stays here before going to the bunker? Or just gets locked?

Butch, I didn't have any idea how well you could jerk chains! You been fracsandbagging. roflmao
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 07:03 AM

I'm not dramatic politically, but Biden should be impeached. This is not a reasonable way to govern, nor is it remotely debatable that this is in the best interest of the country. Between this and the border, he needs to go.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jon
What's the over / under on how many pages this stays here before going to the bunker? Or just gets locked?

Butch, I didn't have any idea how well you could jerk chains! You been fracsandbagging. roflmao

I only wish the bass would bite as well as many responding to Butch’s post. He is obviously just messing with folks and they are eating it up.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 12:17 PM

You won’t know anybody that received any debt forgiveness because it’s a sham. More lies for votes.
The loans will be repaid.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hard Rain
Originally Posted by Jon

I only wish the bass would bite as well as many responding to Butch’s post. He is obviously just messing with folks and they are eating it up.

its so EZ
very predictable
same usuall suspects

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jon

funny
thanks
its really EZ

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 01:16 PM

your dumb a covers both of them
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 01:16 PM

I absolutely am against this, but good for anyone that can keep money here rather then giving it to Ukraine or illegals.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 01:18 PM

we will get around
$120K
&
U will be paying for it
cha ching

120K is about the amount of times we have passed your old lady around

she cannot stand internet bullies
& really cant tolerate someone
who writes POS about peoples kids
try to obtain a little class
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

[Linked Image]

I love it when people want their debts cancelled while displaying in their attire or appearance how they waste money.

Wonder how much their tats cost
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper

[Linked Image]

Wonder how much their tats cost

The weave ain't cheap

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
I absolutely am against this, but good for anyone that can keep money here rather then giving it to Ukraine or illegals.

were gonna keep it in Arkansas
Phoenix
Posted By: pacertom

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 02:35 PM

I paid for college as I went, semester by semester through a job I had while attending. Where's my forgiveness?
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 02:54 PM

It took me 11 years to pay back $130K in loans for two degrees. Biden is a piece of work.

It's far too easy for kids to get these loans.
The interest rates are far too high on loans that cannot be defaulted on.
The interest rates should be adjusted based on the degree. If the nation needs doctors, low interest rate. Want to be an underwater basket weaver? High interest rate.
There should be limits placed on how much can be borrowed based on the type of degree. Kids shouldn't be allowed to borrow 5X their likely first year salary.
It's not at all clear to me the government should have any involvement in loaning money for private education.
Also, allowing bankruptcy on student loans would solve much of this problem.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 03:13 PM

[Linked Image]

3/4 of them are from Arlington

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 04:07 PM

your dumb a covers both of them

*you’re

As in, you’re an idiot and worthless crook.
Posted By: kcb

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue
It took me 11 years to pay back $130K in loans for two degrees. Biden is a piece of work.

It's far too easy for kids to get these loans.
The interest rates are far too high on loans that cannot be defaulted on.
The interest rates should be adjusted based on the degree. If the nation needs doctors, low interest rate. Want to be an underwater basket weaver? High interest rate.
There should be limits placed on how much can be borrowed based on the type of degree. Kids shouldn't be allowed to borrow 5X their likely first year salary.
It's not at all clear to me the government should have any involvement in loaning money for private education.
Also, allowing bankruptcy on student loans would solve much of this problem.
Posted By: kcb

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 04:19 PM

Lot of good points here.

I know of situation where a young lady chose to get a Masters from a private college. She really had no business going as her family couldn’t afford to pitch in and she borrowed the entire amount of about 90K. The degree hasn’t helped her to a big extent in the education field. Hopefully long term it can and she will pay it off.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by kcb
Lot of good points here.

I know of situation where a young lady chose to get a Masters from a private college. She really had no business going as her family couldn’t afford to pitch in and she borrowed the entire amount of about 90K. The degree hasn’t helped her to a big extent in the education field. Hopefully long term it can and she will pay it off.

my daughter is going to get hers at Alabama
they are paying for all of it
health insurance
& a job in research with a salary
the experts in her industry say the Masters degree is worth 10 years in the field

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 04:35 PM

[Linked Image]

too bad you can only afford irving

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by kcb
Lot of good points here.

health insurance
the experts in her industry say the Masters degree is worth 10 years in the field
What line of work? Reason I ask is usually the field experience is vastly more important.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by pacertom
I paid for college as I went, semester by semester through a job I had while attending. Where's my forgiveness?

I did the same- but hey don’t suggest that basic logic , they won’t get it.
Posted By: Quillback

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 04:44 PM

You don't get a high paying job. So as usual, the govt. rewards failure.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by kcb
Lot of good points here.

health insurance
What line of work? Reason I ask is usually the field experience is vastly more important.

Soil & Water conservation & micro biology

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 04:49 PM

Butch I wonder when they say the masters is worth 10 years experience- they must be referring to initial compensation, because anyone with 10 years field experience is going to know more about the subject than a kid fresh out of school.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 04:54 PM

Butch I wonder when they say the masters is worth 10 years experience- they must be referring to initial compensation, because anyone with 10 years field experience is going to know more about the subject than a kid fresh out of school.

it apply's to potential earnings
in this case, they are in the field taking samples & in the lab coming up with solutions
technology changes every day
she will probably come up with the solution for golden algae
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 07:43 PM

Not sure of all loan forgiveness criteria. But, my wife is in education, she has 2 master degrees. she has applied for loan forgiveness. First off, there is criteria, stipulations, and steps that you have to follow. To a "T" Secondly, you have to qualify for it. Thirdly, it has to be preapproved and signed off along the way. Miss one detail, you're screwed. If some of you think you just fill out a form and get your debt written off, your wrong.
A couple of her requirements are she has to stay in a low economic school district, and x amount of years in her field.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by UGLYSHCTICK
Not sure of all loan forgiveness criteria. But, my wife is in education, she has 2 master degrees. she has applied for loan forgiveness. First off, there is criteria, stipulations, and steps that you have to follow. To a "T" Secondly, you have to qualify for it. Thirdly, it has to be preapproved and signed off along the way. Miss one detail, you're screwed. If some of you think you just fill out a form and get your debt written off, your wrong.
A couple of her requirements are she has to stay in a low economic school district, and x amount of years in her field.

Dang, that’s harsh. Why should the forgivees have to work at all.
noidea

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 08:13 PM

[Linked Image]

too bad you can only afford irving

I know, we get our meds in Arlington

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 08:15 PM

3/4 of them are from Arlington [/quote]

too bad you can only afford irving [/quote]

I know, we get our meds in Arlington [/quote]

cocaine & weed ?
Posted By: n2ratfishin

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 09:14 PM

All this was an extension of an income-driven repayment program put into place by George W Bush in 2007. IMO outside of the GI Bill, the government has no business loaning money for an education. We have banks for that. There is a DIRECT correlation between the cost of education and the feds mandating the availability and loans for everybody.

"Biden excused loans" is BS clickbait meant to draw potential voters and further divide America with half the truth.

https://www.bankrate.com/loans/student-loans/history-of-student-loans/#reconciliation

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 09:23 PM

P.S.S. Imagine financing a 100,000.00 house back in 2010 because that is when ACA and HEALTHCARE AND Education Reconciallation bills were passed which jumped existing graduate degree rates to 6.5%. Obama thought it was a grand idea to jump the interest rates on graduate degree loans to help pay for ACA.

As usual, there is a LOT more to these political BS stories.

We have until September then no more student loans out of this house. After 20+ years of paying on them, it's about time! banana

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 10:06 PM

I joined the military to pay off mine.

Then got I injured.

So not only did my college get paid off. I lost my career.

If I had known Brandon was gonna to forgive student loans. I would have skipped the military. Kept my career.

Boy was I stupid. I just had to wait.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 10:56 PM

I'm a no good bill payer. I paid off my student loans a few years ago. Guess I should have just quit paying.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/22/24 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
I'm a no good bill payer. I paid off my student loans a few years ago. Guess I should have just quit paying.

No kidding.

Ever get a feeling like you we're played for a fool?
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/23/24 01:21 AM

Then got I injured.

If I had known Brandon was gonna to forgive student loans. I would have skipped the military. Kept my career.

I’m positive that if a college review board saw 5-10 of your posts on here that they would 100% reimburse your student loans.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/23/24 01:26 AM

Then got I injured.

I’m positive that if a college review board saw 5-10 of your posts on here that they would 100% reimburse your student loans.

All I knew was signing the contract. While hearing the same logical words you type.

Doesn't matter now.

I signed more paperwork for the Veteran Affairs. AKA, meaning I'm continuing my federal ownership of myself.

Federal property to the end.

My car plates say it. My Texas DL.

"Veteran"

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/23/24 01:29 AM

If I were to dial 911.:

I'm not going to a civilian hospital. I go to federal.

This is what happens when you sign the blank check.

There's people that have your back until death.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/23/24 01:35 AM

People used to pay as they go, get a job and pay for your school while you go to school.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/23/24 01:38 AM

Trade school.

Like auto body repair. With the old timers saying it's a waste of time.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/23/24 01:42 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/23/24 01:51 AM

Yeah.

Keep your [censored] mouth shut while in their care. Do not back talk a doctor, nurse or nothing. You swallow your grievances. Do not be rude.

There's a button the doctor presses that will flag you.

Here in Central Texas. Act up and be sent to Waco. Where you'll be assigned a team of doctors and drugged out your ever living mind.

Federal property. Act and walk straight....or else. Don't use your training for other means.
Posted By: MV

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/23/24 02:54 AM

He is buying votes. I’ m sure they are working on the 7 million illegals to vote this year.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/23/24 03:19 AM

Yeah.

Keep your [censored] mouth shut while in their care. Do not back talk a doctor, nurse or nothing. You swallow your grievances. Do not be rude.

There's a button the doctor presses that will flag you.

Here in Central Texas. Act up and be sent to Waco. Where you'll be assigned a team of doctors and drugged out your ever living mind.

Federal property. Act and walk straight....or else. Don't use your training for other means.

That doesn’t sound ALL bad.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/23/24 04:51 AM

Then got I injured.

roflmao
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/23/24 08:09 AM

I’m sure my son will let the govt pay for his MBA degree loan but he will never vote for the left.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/23/24 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
[Linked Image]

That is part of the 2007 law, serve in a public service job for ten years (not four) and get your loans forgiven as long as you make 120 ON TIME minimum (based on income) payments. Some branches of the military offer loan repayment as an incentive to join, but there are strings attached to the offer.

Our government is BY FAR America's largest employer (that is problem #1) so there will be more and more of these loans "forgiven" as the government typically pays less than the private sector. The loan repayment is part of your total comp package.
Posted By: R83steve

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/23/24 09:24 PM

I like the idea of payback by working for the government, but don’t we still have the GI bill in place? Just enlist prior to going to college. Many folks have been through college with it.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/23/24 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by R83steve
I like the idea of payback by working for the government, but don’t we still have the GI bill in place? Just enlist prior to going to college. Many folks have been through college with it.

The gi bill when I was in sucked.

Re: Student loan forgiveness - 02/23/24 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by R83steve

The government already has too many employees on my teat.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum