Texas Fishing Forum

Ring Floodlight Cameras

Posted By: Spiderman

Ring Floodlight Cameras - 07/29/23 05:01 PM

Anybody tried these and have an opinion on them?

A three pack is $509.00, sends videos to your phone in real time and you can activate an alarm on your phone if needed.

Three year warranty with a membership for $10.00 per month, videos will be saved for six months.

https://ring.com/products/floodlight-cam-wired-plus-3-pack
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Ring Floodlight Cameras - 07/29/23 05:14 PM

At least they are wired

I would make sure you can add more camera down the line

You will probably want 7 to 10 camera total by the time your done, just make sure they are expandable to that many
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Ring Floodlight Cameras - 07/29/23 06:20 PM

I guess that’s what I have on my drive way. First one crapped out and replaced under Warrenty. The hoops they made me go through were ridiculous to get it replaced. They made me climb up and down a ladder and shut off the breaker 20 times if not more troubleshooting.

Even when it worked ya had to climb on a ladder and press the reset button every time internet blinks. The new one they sent me worked for about half a day and needed to be reset. We switched from Xfinity/Comcast to Frontier and haven’t reconnected it. Our ring doorbell works for the most part but resolution with a thing outdoors is an issue unless you have a higher end system.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Ring Floodlight Cameras - 07/29/23 06:50 PM

We have a three camera Ring system and have been very happy with its first year-
It was actually great having it for the 5 months I was hospitalized recently-
I could check on the house inside and out from my hospital bed-
Never would have thought that of that use when I bought it-
Posted By: Fourjs

Re: Ring Floodlight Cameras - 07/29/23 08:41 PM

I’ve got 3 Ring cameras. Run on battery. No floodlights, just the camera. I’ve been very happy with mine. I’ve got a front and back door. Had them for several years and no problems. About a month ago I added one over the garage for the driveway. I had to add the Ring Wifi extender for the driveway camera.

Only downside is they upgraded the new camera and the older model extra battery I have won’t work on the new camera so I had to get a second backup battery for just the driveway camera.

I subscribe to their service so it records motion and I can review the videos in the app.

Jimmy
Posted By: The Dad

Re: Ring Floodlight Cameras - 07/29/23 11:22 PM

I installed two at some rentals and one here at home. The wife has the app and can see every time these go off. Pretty handy tools. Night light and quick activation. Have to reset occasionally at the rentals,
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Ring Floodlight Cameras - 07/30/23 04:03 AM

I have 5 Ring cameras. I did a lot of research before deciding on Ring. FWIW- I recommend them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum