Texas Fishing Forum

East Texas took a beating

Posted By: lconn4

East Texas took a beating - 06/16/23 11:42 PM

Gladewater, Kilgore, and Longview took a major beating last night.. trees blown over everywhere, high lines down, poles snapped … electricity out in half the cities.. no place to eat , get gas, or eat.. Traffic lights out, traffic jams.. folks sweating in their homes or sitting outside.. what a mess. Heard winds hit 70 mph last night.. lots of chain saws busy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dead ends in every direction in Gladewater

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Counted 40+ vehicles at this place that had electricity.. Hope 1Shot is ok..
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/16/23 11:45 PM

Yup, spoke with my family out there and they’ve been without power all day. It’s a mess for sure.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/16/23 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
Yup, spoke with my family out there and they’ve been without power all day. It’s a mess for sure.

Dang that sucks in this heat/humidity hope they get it restored ASAP.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/16/23 11:53 PM

My front yard just north of Mineola. I estimate 60 to 70 mph winds or more. Got pretty scary last night. Lost power for 13 plus hours. Got lucky on the power deal compared to a lot of other folks.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: T Bird

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/17/23 10:20 AM

Ouch! Looks like Temple did after last winters storm. They didn't get all our downed trees cleared up until 1st week in May.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/17/23 10:44 AM

Turrible
Posted By: slim1

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/17/23 01:35 PM

Our power here was out for 12 hrs. Luckily I have a generator that can run the fridge, freezers, and a window unit in a bedroom. Oncor said some people won't get theirs back until today.
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/17/23 05:08 PM

Any damage in the van-Ben Wheeler metro area?
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/17/23 05:20 PM

We now have an estimated date of being back on the grid between June 22 and 23rd
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/17/23 05:44 PM

Sorry to see this. I hope some folks around you have a generator.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/17/23 05:55 PM

it got my boat storage at fork, trailer is fine so is the boat but the roof over my boat is gone. no power still and probably be a week or so till it is back up.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wylie Jeff

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/17/23 06:11 PM

Yep Hop, time to move the boat. Glad you had no damage on it. Cheers

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/17/23 06:16 PM

there are trees/powerlines down starting about 5 mi. s of paris all the way to fork.

was heaviest north of sulphur springs, about a 2 mile stretch there was a lot of tree/powerline damage.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/17/23 10:19 PM

I didn't know the impact was that significant...

Glad it sounds like everyone was alright.

Yall stay strong.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/17/23 11:55 PM

Got family north east of hallsville they have no power since storm blew through.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/18/23 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by hopalong
there are trees/powerlines down starting about 5 mi. s of paris all the way to fork.

was heaviest north of sulphur springs, about a 2 mile stretch there was a lot of tree/powerline damage.

got lucky, several trees down on the property but no damage. Power has been out for quite a while, not sure how long cuz I was at home in Dallas during the storm. Went up today expecting worse but this will make good firewood for this winter. Power company says power maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow afternoon... we came back home, way too hot to stay there....glad I was not there during the storm, I expected trees to be uprooted due to the previous 7.6" of rain but the trees were snapped off 5 to 8 feet above the ground OMG
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/18/23 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by basscaster46
Got family north east of hallsville they have no power since storm blew through.

We are west of Hallsville and just got ours back a few hours ago. The neighbors across the street and behind me are still out of power. Longview still has traffic lights out, but way more stuff is open today. Gas station are still running out between shipments due to all of the generators being used.
Posted By: stratos caster

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 02:07 PM

Still no power in my area. Just saw the 1st power company truck a.minute ago.drive through and looking at the damage.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by stratos caster
Still no power in my area. Just saw the 1st power company truck a.minute ago.drive through and looking at the damage.

How long have you been down?
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 02:18 PM

My parents are in Diana and on Swepco. Their power went out Thursday night and hearing it won’t be restored until this Friday.
Posted By: Mo

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 02:26 PM

We lost power from 4am till 8pm , Every one in the neighborhood had at least one broken tree .

Most of the trees split , rather than being blown down , Must have been a micro burst downdraft.

Some hail damage ,will be on the phone with the insurance folks later.

MO
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 02:50 PM

I have a huge Oak limb next to my storage building. For the life of me I cannot see which tree it came from. Nearest Oak is 100+ yds away, and I cant see any damage. I also have stakes in my yard to mark the sprinklers so I do not mow over them or drive over them. I placed red solo cups on both. They are still there. HOW? It also hailed for 30 minutes Friday 330am. pea to nickel size luckily. But I've never experienced a hail storm last that long. We were with out power from Thursday night until noon Saturday.
Posted By: PondFish

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 03:06 PM

Those line guy earn every bit of their pay.

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 03:14 PM

Ran out of propane yesterday morning. Getting ready to fill it again today so we can have power. I’ll have to fill it again very soon I bet

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 03:15 PM

Greetings fellow Dianan
Posted By: bronco71

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 03:24 PM

Power back on yesterday evening banana but rains washed away a lot of dirt covering the water supply line on my property and the heavy power trucks broke the line. Valve at meter frozen. Finally got emergency water guy to come cut it off so now power and no water. bang
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 03:36 PM

I think we got lucky considering all the downed trees. Got some minor damage to the corner of the garage roof. Somehow my Gator didn't receive any damage. Even the windshield wasn't damaged, just knocked out of place.

[Linked Image]

It's going to take another week or two to get this place cleaned up. Power is still out. They were showing a Wednesday restoration, but that has been taken down now.

[Linked Image]

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
I think we got lucky considering all the downed trees. Got some minor damage to the corner of the garage roof. Somehow my Gator didn't receive any damage. Even the windshield wasn't damaged, just knocked out of place.

[Linked Image]

It's going to take another week or two to get this place cleaned up. Power is still out. They were showing a Wednesday restoration, but that has been taken down now.

[Linked Image]

eeks
Posted By: Patriot7Six

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 04:45 PM

I-20 had to be shutdown for 30 minutes in both directions so they could run power lines back across it.
Posted By: Mo

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by PondFish

I would not want their job , but when they were in my yard, there were 4 folks watching 2 work. smile

MO

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 06:37 PM

Thursday night is when it went down. There are several trucks in the area now. I can hear them off in the woods working,.keeping my fingers crossed.

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Notaguide

Greetings fellow Dianan

Howdy neighbor
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mo
Originally Posted by PondFish

I would not want their job , but when they were in my yard, there were 4 folks watching 2 work. smile

MO

I've been in one of those trucks. Believe me you want a few guys around if things go south. I hit a live line, it killed the truck. Blew out the front tires, and set the grass on fire where the out riggers were on the ground. If I didn't have my lookie Lou's with me I'd have been a shisk-ka-bob.

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 07:19 PM

I've been hearing helicopters pretty regularly lately. This seems like a major infrastructure loss event. 446 bucks to fill up the tank to be back in the game for 2.5 more days.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/19/23 09:15 PM

Man, y'all got hammered out there. If there's anything we can do to help holler.

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/20/23 01:35 AM

at long last. back on the grid
Posted By: Siberman

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/20/23 11:35 PM

Out from Thursday night to Monday evening . I didn't think it looked that bad but MP had poles and lines all over South Jefferson
1/4 mile away from me Mom ( Bowie Cass ) just blinked a few times . . roflmao

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/20/23 11:40 PM

just waiting on scott to text me the roof on my storage is fixed.

weird that it only got 2 units, mine and another 4-5 down from me.

hoping cleaning the fridge isn't too bad, 1/2 gal. of blue bell is all that could spoil.

fridge is a different story, gonna be some really ripe stuff there. barf

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/21/23 12:13 AM

at long last. back on the grid

My parents electricity is still out on Seago Lily off 154. Just talked to them and Swepco said they may not have it on by Friday. I saw on the news this evening that a lineman from West Virginia died of a heat stroke in Harrison county.

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/21/23 12:18 AM

traffic lights still out in different areas all over longview today, some folks just busting straight thru while others stopping like its a four way stop and taking turns.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/21/23 01:33 AM

My parents are in Diana and on Swepco. Their power went out Thursday night and hearing it won’t be restored until this Friday.[/quote]
Originally Posted by Siberman
Out from Thursday night to Monday evening . I didn't think it looked that bad but MP had poles and lines all over South Jefferson
1/4 mile away from me Mom ( Bowie Cass ) just blinked a few times . . roflmao

Same here closer to Gladewater lost power Thursday night. Electricity came back on Tuesday night around 6:00pm.

Let me just say not having electricity for four or five days really sucked.

SWEPCO did a great job replacing everything and cutting all the trees and restoring power!

When the trucks did show up it was amazing how fast they rebuild everything from scratch and make it work.

AIR CONDITIONING IS A WONDERFUL THING!!!!!

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/21/23 02:19 AM

Sego Lilly area got hit hard Coach Hark. I think actually two lineman have died now from heat stroke. We had heat index of over 120 today.
Posted By: Wool E. Booger

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/21/23 02:22 AM

My son is headed to Marshall in the morning with his crew from the Austin area. Will be working 16 hour days….in this heat. I worry about him. I do hope he can help a lot of people get some power back on though.

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/21/23 02:33 AM

Sego Lilly area got hit hard Coach Hark. I think actually two lineman have died now from heat stroke. We had heat index of over 120 today.

Yeah they said it was bad but they got their electricity back on about an hour ago. I’m gonna go in and clean up around the place this weekend because they’re 79 years old. My brother has been helping out but has to go out of town Thursday for work.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/21/23 02:39 AM

Man you gotta feel for the crews working and the people without power in this miserable heat.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/21/23 02:51 AM

Ours went off when everyone around East Texas lost power. SWEPCO said it would be late on the 23rd, but we got power back at 4:30 PM on Saturday. Across the street took till today as they had a blow fuse that got overlooked. We have 3 different feeds coming into where we live but they feed off of the Trinity Tank Car facility between Hallsville and Longview. Those big dollar companies have some pull in getting their juice turned back on.
My son that lives in the Pine Tree ISD part of Longview jut got their power back at 7:00 PM tonight.
Like ICONN4 said, some folks are blowing thru the no working lights like they were green on Highway 80 going 60 MPH.
So thankful for all of the high line crews and yes it is dang hot and humid.
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/21/23 01:36 PM

I survived
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/21/23 03:11 PM

My electricity went out at Bob Sandlin Thursday night and did not come back on until this (Wednesday) morning. Had alot of friends and neighbors that have heavy damage to their houses. A few actually lost their entire house. Most from large trees falling on their houses or straight-line winds that took docks and decks away. Will be many weeks of cleanup. We just lost a refrigerator/freezer load of food and some branches down. We were lucky![Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: East Texas took a beating - 06/21/23 03:23 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pittsburg today
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum