Texas Fishing Forum

Why all the hate?

Posted By: BlueNitro

Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:21 PM

For LiveScope?

(I really don't care because I have it and love it but thought the question would stir up the OT because it is a slow day at work and this should make it go by a lot faster.)
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:21 PM

Who hates it?
Posted By: Teeners boat

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:23 PM

No hate here, I don't have livescope and still catch enough fish to make me a happy fisherman.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:24 PM

I fish totally by ear and don’t use fancy shmancy gizmos
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
I fish totally by ear and don’t use fancy shmancy gizmos

Fish whisperer
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:27 PM

My go to is still looking up on the bank to see how the cows are positioned......
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:31 PM

I use cat behavior, if they ain't awake neither are the fish
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by BlueNitro
For LiveScope?

(I really don't care because I have it and love it but thought the question would stir up the OT because it is a slow day at work and this should make it go by a lot faster.)

People that hate on livescope hate on it because they dont own it. People also hate on it because its hard to look inside yourself....and realize you arent that good of a fisherman! Much easier to say something stupid like "if I had that, I could do the same" or "he only catches them scoping" to justify why you arent producing similar results to those with livescope.

I also think in general, nowadays people cant be happy for one anothers success, and look to degrade or tear down others first before appreciating the accomplishment. Where i think being a decent person, you should congratulate the guy first....instead of looking for ways to 💩all over the person or even get as desperate as making stuff up (remember people said miliken was snagging fish?). Human nature has changed in recent years, and seems like some people just cant appreciate others success.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:33 PM

I doubt the hate is for the live scope but a lot of older fisherman don't like that you don't have to learn like they did. there has always been hate for the people who use more electronics than old fashion fishing skills.

You will always have arguments on both sides of this. I think just like mask for the great hoax, if you enjoy using the LS use it, if you don't don't. I heard someone say one time if you believe you can fish a lake out with rod and reel you may be a little naïve. Nets are a whole different argument
Posted By: DI

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:35 PM

I love it, sitting in the back of the boat with a full cooler of delicious beer watching livescope and kids catching monster crappie with a guide doing all the work, livescope is a gift from the heavens.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:37 PM

I don't see hate. some want it some don't to each their own.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by bockscar
For LiveScope?

People that hate on livescope hate on it because they dont own it. People also hate on it because its hard to look inside yourself....and realize you arent that good of a fisherman! Much easier to say something stupid like "if I had that, I could do the same" or "he only catches them scoping" to justify why you arent producing similar results to those with livescope.

I also think in general, nowadays people cant be happy for one anothers success, and look to degrade or tear down others first before appreciating the accomplishment. Where i think being a decent person, you should congratulate the guy first....instead of looking for ways to 💩all over the person or even get as desperate as making stuff up (remember people said miliken was snagging fish?). Human nature has changed in recent years, and seems like some people just cant appreciate others success.

good grief. loco
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:41 PM

I hate those who have it cause I don't. So Jelly!

Someone please start a "go fund me page" for me so I can buy one.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:50 PM

For LiveScope?

Different people fish different ways, I'm sure I will throw one on boat at some point this year. Even then I'm not gonna go wandering around looking for fish to throw at. Some guys are shallow water guys, I use side scan, mark stuff then cast on it and an generally comfortable doing so. As to your comment regarding people not being good, wtf are your earnings. You ever cash a check, win a tourny ? Or are you just stirring the pot.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:51 PM

Why use livescope when you end up beating the bank with a senko anyway roflmao
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:52 PM

Human nature has changed in recent years, and seems like some people just cant appreciate others success.

I’m not bragging, don’t claim to be a trendsetter…etc, but I’ve always been like that.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:53 PM

Is using LiveScope like hunting over a feeder inside a high fence?

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
For LiveScope?

Different people fish different ways, I'm sure I will throw one on boat at some point this year. Even then I'm not gonna go wandering around looking for fish to throw at. Some guys are shallow water guys, I use side scan, mark stuff then cast on it and an generally comfortable doing so. As to your comment regarding people not being good, wtf are your earnings. You ever cash a check, win a tourny ? Or are you just stirring the pot.

Is this thread about my tourney winnings? Do you have to have tourney winnings to make the statements ive made? Do you need tournament winnings to reply to off topic threads?

What are your tournament winnings? I have 0 myself as i really dont care about tournament bass fishing....just like every other person who doesnt tournament fish. The only people that care about tournament bass fishing, are tournament bass fishing anglers. i know you may not agree with that but thats the truth. I still would like to know your tournament winnings if you are going to call me out about it.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Human nature has changed in recent years, and seems like some people just cant appreciate others success.

I’m not bragging, don’t claim to be a trendsetter…etc, but I’ve always been like that.

roflmao

well played sir!
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
For LiveScope?

good grief. loco

Lack of self awareness huh? contradicts himself in his own post......as for being a stick sonny boy....I'd out fish you with zero electronics any day of the week

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 05:59 PM

For LiveScope?

Is this thread about my tourney winnings? Do you have to have tourney winnings to make the statements ive made? Do you need tournament winnings to reply to off topic threads?

What are your tournament winnings? I have 0 myself as i really dont care about tournament bass fishing....just like every other person who doesnt tournament fish. The only people that care about tournament bass fishing, are tournament bass fishing anglers. i know you may not agree with that but thats the truth. I still would like to know your tournament winnings if you are going to call me out about it.

Yes, I do
Posted By: Jpurdue

People hate on it because they think anyone with livescope can go out and catch huge numbers of giant fish. It's a tool like any other piece of equipment on a boat. It's not super easy to use. Plenty of guys have it, and barely look at it because it takes time and effort to master the skillset needed for it to be a net asset in the fisherman's arsenal.

Originally Posted by txmasterpo
For LiveScope?

good grief. loco

Lack of self awareness huh? contradicts himself in his own post......as for being a stick sonny boy....I'd out fish you with zero electronics any day of the week

Im assuming youre talking to me since im the easy target. Not sure where I contradicted myself in my post.

never said I was a good fisherman(aside from trolling)...but if you want to come to Elephant Butte, we can easily have a fruit jar so you can out fish me. Im sure you will. Might want to wait for the spring when the fishings a little better.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:00 PM

Yes, I do

yes you do what?! LMAO
roflmao

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue
People hate on it because they think anyone with livescope can go out and catch huge numbers of giant fish. It's a tool like any other piece of equipment on a boat. It's not super easy to use. Plenty of guys have it, and barely look at it because it takes time and effort to master the skillset needed for it to be a net asset in the fisherman's arsenal.

good point! same with mega imaging! I thought fish would jump in the boat once I spent that money! LOL unfortunately, you still gotta find them and get them to bite...but the electronics help with finding them at least
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:03 PM

Keep your eye on the cows. If they are standing, the fish are biting. If they are lying down, the fish aren't biting. If some cows are standing and others lying down, the day will be so-so.

bouncy

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Keep your eye on the cows. If they are standing, the fish are biting. If they are lying down, the fish aren't biting. If some cows are standing and others lying down, the day will be so-so.

bouncy

that's what I've always heard.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

bouncy

that's what I've always heard.

[Linked Image]

Ivie lake cows
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:11 PM

I use a string and rock as my depth finder... shame on yall with your paper graphs and fancy pants flashers.

Give me the string and rock and I will fill the boat with my worm with the little spinners on it. Bet.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:15 PM

Wish I had one, but I don't fish enough to justify it anymore. Gonna be hard to go out on dad's old boat after this year...
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:16 PM

When the shift went to 7 ft rods years ago I was able to fish another foot deeper than with 6 ft rods of the past.
Posted By: otay michael

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:19 PM

If I was a banker I’d own one. As an artist I’ve gotta wait to make a big sale! :-) A good friend of mine just reported he got one and caught five times more than I did two days ago, but he does that anyway! :-) I asked how much now- basically a minimum of $2000 for the set up. Earlier that day Some guy pulled up next to us and caught two bass in first two casts in the same area we just fished an hour for Nada. He said he saw them on the live scope and brought a fluke right by their heads and watched them bite. The technology is incredible, and I heard from guys that fish tournaments that without it they’re just donating their money!
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:19 PM

I have it. Everyone of you should buy it that hasn’t already. Because I have a chitpot of Garmin stock.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:20 PM

If you're not catching, you're probably not holding your mouth right.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
I use a string and rock as my depth finder... shame on yall with your paper graphs and fancy pants flashers.

Give me the string and rock and I will fill the boat with my worm with the little spinners on it. Bet.

A real pro just pokes his rod in the water to see how deep it is.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:29 PM

"Damn, this water is cold."

"Yeah, and it's deep, too."
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:30 PM

Yeah I don’t really see how the weekend warriors can compete with the guys who have the time and resources to learn LS. Doesn’t mean you can’t compete but it seems like you will struggle in the long run.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:30 PM

Live Scope is the Yeti of fish finders.

On a side note, you still have to catch the fish. That is what they say.

My take…..if you can literally see the fish, and you can watch your lure/jig bouncing off the fishes nose and still can’t catch fish, you should buy a wake boat.
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:31 PM

For LiveScope?

Josh Jones just caught another 14 pound bass this morning
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:35 PM

I think it’s more the collateral damage some people don’t like:
Fanning the flames of self promotion on social media
Producing herd/copycat behavior with lots of people rushing to one lake.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
I have it. Everyone of you should buy it that hasn’t already. Because I have a chitpot of Garmin stock.

You should be paying me some commission for as many units I sell. Do you need my address to mail a check?

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:49 PM

You should be paying me some commission for as many units I sell. Do you need my address to mail a check?

I already have your address, you didn’t get the holiday fruitcake?
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:54 PM

I think I am going to start fishing with a shrimp trawler boat. I feel like I am missing a few fish with my livescope and need to make sure I am getting all of them.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
I think I am going to start fishing with a shrimp trawler boat. I feel like I am missing a few fish with my livescope and need to make sure I am getting all of them.

That's over the top, string about 6 arigs together and you will get them all, one way or another.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 07:03 PM

I already have your address, you didn’t get the holiday fruitcake?

I think there is a fruitcake that lives in Denton that stole it from my mailbox. He must have got the shine you sent me too.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by MBradford

"Damn, this water is cold."

"Yeah, and it's deep, too."

roflmao
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 07:13 PM

Great product, not so great stock, at least for past year. If you like Swiss stocks check out Swiss Re - sweet dividend.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 07:21 PM

Paging Randy Blauket, paging Randy Blauket….does anyone have a $10 jig yet….
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 07:23 PM

Pretty sure that stuff isn't going to work much where I'm fishing.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 07:33 PM

People are weird creatures.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
Paging Randy Blauket, paging Randy Blauket….does anyone have a $10 jig yet….

Kind of ironic coming from a guy complaining about a $15 jackhammer roflmao
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 07:44 PM

Most hate is jealousy towards live scope-I’m sure some would say it takes the fun out of catching … To actually see your bait and a fish strike looks fun to me.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bayou Burner
Most hate is jealousy towards live scope-I’m sure some would say it takes the fun out of catching … To actually see your bait and a fish strike looks fun to me.

thats what Im saying. i still havent learned to video game fish with 2d! looks like fun though. I thought when i spent the money I did on my Helix 12 the DDs would basically jump in the boat. Sad realization that its more about the indian than it is the arrow 🤦‍♂️

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by JCG57

Great product, not so great stock, at least for past year. If you like Swiss stocks check out Swiss Re - sweet dividend.

They haven’t been sitting on their hands waiting for everyone to catch up.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 08:17 PM

There is a potential serious downfall to owning LS/AT, well for offshore anglers anyways. Once you have it and learn what it can do, I’m just not sure that a person could ever not have it again. To explain further, when you pull up on a tree that’s loaded with crappie and know your aren’t wasting your time, it’s hard to blind fish later on without it. I can see where guys could get reliant on it. Maybe that’s what Ol’ Randy really means???

And JJ would still be a nobody without it.
Posted By: Hookem

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 08:18 PM

I haven't entered metafishing yet.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 08:21 PM

I thought most of the hate for live scope was coming from those that had humminbirds and lowrance. I thought about getting one for my kayak last year, then decided to wait... didn't really think the picture was that impressive fading in and out. Would probably look even worse on my kayak trying to hold in place with a paddle. I'll wait for the next generation and just enjoy watching the competition make it better.
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/21/22 08:26 PM

I do not hate Livescope. What I have decided is that I would not use it all that much being i do not drop shot much. I find using my regular sonar/DI/SI and Mega 360 to be all I need.
If I were fishing deep and doing a lot of drop shot type fishing I might invest in it but I do that type fishing less than 5% of the time. I am usually on my trolling motor zig zagging all around.
Posted By: otay michael

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/22/22 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones
I do not hate Livescope. What I have decided is that I would not use it all that much being i do not drop shot much. I find using my regular sonar/DI/SI and Mega 360 to be all I need.
If I were fishing deep and doing a lot of drop shot type fishing I might invest in it but I do that type fishing less than 5% of the time. I am usually on my trolling motor zig zagging all around.

It's not just for d/s. I've watched MLF, recorded episodes, every minute of it, and those guys get them on all sorts of patterns. I only wish the cameraman would show their screens, instead of their backs, heads down watching all the action under the water, while they explain what their watching, and predicting two seconds before it happens, that the fish is going to bite!!!
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/22/22 12:25 AM

No hate. Just another tool to help those that can’t catch fish on their own.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/22/22 12:34 AM

I don’t hate forward/down live sonar. Hell…I LOVE IT. I don’t hate others for using it either. I wish they wouldn’t, that would give me an advantage, but it is what it is.

Soon, I bet it is gonna be even better and almost everyone will have it on their boats. I bet it will be used to show depth changes in front of the boat in the future, while on pad.

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/22/22 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Brandon Adamcik

You do realize every old school pro in the country has a version of it on their boat right now, right?
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/22/22 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Pat Goff
Pretty sure that stuff isn't going to work much where I'm fishing.

[Linked Image]

How did the Mayflower in there?
Posted By: Hulapoppin

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/22/22 01:12 AM

I can say without a doubt that since I put live scope on my rig I have caught ten times more fish, when I have it turned off!
Posted By: karpbuster

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/22/22 05:32 PM

Livescope, is that the thing they use for colonoscopies? I hate it too.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/22/22 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Brandon Adamcik

funny
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Why all the hate? - 01/22/22 08:55 PM

Don't hate it but it's not for me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum