Texas Fishing Forum

Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years

Posted By: RATZ

Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 09:14 PM

that's about 22.5 too many

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/31708197/derek-chauvin-sentenced-22-years-murder-george-floyd
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 09:15 PM

Meanwhile Crackhead Floyd is exalted as a hero.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 09:17 PM

SMDH
Posted By: Streater

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 09:24 PM

How long before he gets killed in prison? No glorifying it at all. Serious question. Those animals are going to tear him apart.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 09:28 PM

Bottom line. Floyd had enough Fetanyl in his system to kill an elephant
Posted By: skeeter

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 09:31 PM

I'm sure he will leave prison in a pine box
Posted By: bshort

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 09:31 PM

Maybe a retrial is in his future?
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by bshort

Very well could be.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Streater
How long before he gets killed in prison? No glorifying it at all. Serious question. Those animals are going to tear him apart.

He will be segregated in prison, thus his sentence will be virtually in solitary confinement. It will be much like those in Supermax, at least in the beginning.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 09:39 PM

That motion was made by Chauvin's attorney today and the Judge denied it. Next recourse for Chauvin would be the Appeals Court. Not sure that would be before or after his Federal Case hits the courts.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 09:45 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis

He'll be canonized later as Saint George of Floyd! They'll burn methamphetamine and rock cocaine around his alter as they remember his goodness.
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob
Originally Posted by Bob Davis

He'll be canonized later as Saint George of Floyd! They'll burn methamphetamine and rock cocaine around his alter as they remember his goodness.

and pour out 40's
Posted By: bshort

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw

That motion was made by Chauvin's attorney today and the Judge denied it. Next recourse for Chauvin would be the Appeals Court. Not sure that would be before or after his Federal Case hits the courts.

No way the trial judge was going to grant that motion.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 10:08 PM

Welcome to the USA

Where LEOs are the criminals, and criminals are the victims.
Posted By: wiredog

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 10:25 PM

Guessing the same sentiment for the perp?

Originally Posted by MBradford

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 10:43 PM

Chauvin asked for probation without prison time, which was a pipe dream, the prosecutor asked for 30 years. I figured he'd 20.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by dk2429
Welcome to the USA

Where LEOs are the criminals, and criminals are the victims.

And the idiots are in control of this train.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 11:22 PM

I say he appeals in 5-10 years
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/25/21 11:26 PM

this is a travesty of justice...no way did he intend to kill that worthless p.o.s.......
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by beartrap
this is a travesty of justice...no way did he intend to kill that worthless p.o.s.......

That is why he was found guilty of 2nd degree instead of 1st degree murder
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 12:23 AM

It’s a shame, but it wasn’t going to end well. Mob rule won and justice once again was derailed.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 12:25 AM

People aren’t happy about this… you could have give him life sentence and they still wouldn’t be happy.

Could you imagine the war that would have gone down if they came out and said not guilty? Jesus…
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 01:22 AM

He was sacrificed up, it is what it is
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 01:34 AM

That's the problem with the working class tax paying American people.it is what it is everyman for himself. hide2
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI

Absolutely
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 01:39 AM

Now he faces a real problem.

Cast his lot with the white gangs in an effort to stay alive only to have the media say it proves him racist…ot,

Go it alone and leave in a pine box.
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 01:50 AM

Two scenario’s here…
1- Find him not guilty and watch all the Democratic cities burn to the ground.
2- Find him guilty and make Floyd the next great hero for the liberal agenda.

Plus those that were on the jury pretty much had him convicted before the first witness said a word. They knew that the BLM, Antifa groups would find them and destroy everything they owned, plus maybe their life.

Floyd was a rotten, lowlife criminal that digested enough drugs to kill a horse. But now his face will be put up action for the next round of riots, looting, burnings of cities…..all the while the Democratic leaders will cheer them on.

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Originally Posted by WAWI

Absolutely

Like a witch hunt.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones
Two scenario’s here…
1- Find him not guilty and watch all the Democratic cities burn to the ground.
2- Find him guilty and make Floyd the next great hero for the liberal agenda.

Plus those that were on the jury pretty much had him convicted before the first witness said a word. They knew that the BLM, Antifa groups would find them and destroy everything they owned, plus maybe their life.

Floyd was a rotten, lowlife criminal that digested enough drugs to kill a horse. But now his face will be put up action for the next round of riots, looting, burnings of cities…..all the while the Democratic leaders will cheer them on.

Pretty much sums it up. thumb
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 02:37 AM

Chauvin won't be housed with the general population. So far he has been in solitary confinement and I would expect that not to change.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 02:41 AM

Any kind of reasonable appellate review should send it back....it just can't stand up to a fair examination
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 03:12 AM

Common theme in all these incidents and that is resisting. I would have never been on that jury but if I has it would have been hung.
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper
Common theme in all these incidents and that is resisting. I would have never been on that jury but if I has it would have been hung.

Me too, heck we may still be there if I were on the jury….. no way would I have voted guilty for any type of murder.
Maybe not knowing when to take his knee off the back of his shoulder blade, that might of constituted a misdemeanor with a $100 fine. That would have been my only voting for any charges.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pilothawk
Now he faces a real problem.

Cast his lot with the white gangs in an effort to stay alive only to have the media say it proves him racist…ot,

Go it alone and leave in a pine box.

He could sell pictures of guards kneeling on his neck. I know I would buy one.
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 05:53 PM

I have to bite my tongue! Ridiculous!
Posted By: donothin

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 05:56 PM

Not a high percentage but enough LEOs that are bad actors that something needs to be done. Once a guy is cuffed and under control, there is no reason to keep a knee on his neck. It is time to stop that kind of nonsense. Chavin was clearly guilty based on the evidence and the 22 1/2 years is appropriate with possible parole after 16 or so years. I doubt there is much room for a successful appeal.
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 06:06 PM

I wonder what will happen concerning the good Samaritan being killed by the police in Arvada, Colorado after he killed a cop killer! Will the cop who thought he was killing the bad guy get 22 years in prison. Would not likely happen in Texas but Colorado is kinda Lib Land as we all-well most of us- know! That is a really sad story all the way around!
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 07:15 PM

He won't make it two years. Whether he takes himself out or someone else does it for him is yet to be determined.
Posted By: D.O.C.989

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 07:43 PM

There are some LEO's in Prison across America who are still alive and they all aren't in SHU, There are a couple of facilities in the Country where LEO's are housed at no risk for being murdered. South Dakota used to be one. I too think a retrial and freedom is in his future.

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Beak47
I wonder what will happen concerning the good Samaritan being killed by the police in Arvada, Colorado after he killed a cop killer! Will the cop who thought he was killing the bad guy get 22 years in prison. Would not likely happen in Texas but Colorado is kinda Lib Land as we all-well most of us- know! That is a really sad story all the way around!

Probably nothing
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by donothin
Not a high percentage but enough LEOs that are bad actors that something needs to be done. Once a guy is cuffed and under control, there is no reason to keep a knee on his neck. It is time to stop that kind of nonsense. Chavin was clearly guilty based on the evidence and the 22 1/2 years is appropriate with possible parole after 16 or so years. I doubt there is much room for a successful appeal.

Tens of millions of LE/citizen contacts annually......what percentage involve misconduct that is egregious?? Let me help you, the number is so [censored] small it's not even a number, it's an anomaly....until there are robots, NOTHING CAN BE DONE TO HAVE A SMALLER [censored] FAILURE RATE!!!!!
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/26/21 11:59 PM

his expression
he is not ready for this
should have shown some mercy
but
the key to our path
is forgiveness
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/27/21 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by donothin

I disagree strongly-

But then I probably agree with you as much as there are actual bad cops, not the made up ones people who support resisting arrest think there are.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/27/21 03:01 PM

I believe most leo's saw what Chauvin did as wrong.

They are probably more afraid of the results and people who don't think about how many decisions they have to make and how seldom cops perform that poorly. People tend to categorize others without any reason to do so.

I have had a fairly close relationship with the police for 30 years. I know many in the fire and law enforcement community.
So whenever I see a police car drive by I smile and give a wave. Most times they wave back.
My wife and kids all do the same.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22½ years - 06/27/21 03:16 PM

Been a black cop on a white dude you would have never heard a thing about it. They were just scared that folks were going to burn down the country so they had to make an example out of him to save the cities.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum