Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 07:28 PM

News Guidance From CDC
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 07:30 PM

Look, shiny new thing over here!!
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 07:35 PM

They always have a CYA word in there....
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 07:37 PM

I hope so!
I saw a lady pull into the line of a drive thru in front of me, that had her windows up and wearing a mask.
When she got to the pay window she stuck her hand out with her cash, and she was wearing a surgical glove.
Man it's going to be tough for some people to let it go!
Posted By: Flyfisherman

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 07:43 PM

I was pretty much never wearing one to begin with...
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 07:44 PM

My wife and I would wear one if the employees were wearing them. Now...no mask. Toss me out.
Posted By: Patriot7Six

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 07:51 PM

Bout time the CDC got inline with what we already know thanks
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 07:59 PM

SO does this mean that I just have to tell people that I've had my shots?
Posted By: Bad93ex

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 08:06 PM

President* Biden killed COVID within 4 months
Posted By: n2ratfishin

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 08:09 PM

The POTUS is on TV right now saying you need to wear a mask until fully vaccinated. That isn’t going to happen.
Posted By: LMG

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bad93ex

banana
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek

Just show them the cdc graphic:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
My wife and I would wear one if the employees were wearing them. Now...no mask. Toss me out.

Pretty much the same here but I am ready to stop wearing them at all. I stopped wearing the true surgical mask after I was vaccinated have just been wearing a camo cloth one to comply. Hoping all the store signs are now taken down.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 08:23 PM

The only thing i liked about the masks was how it accentuated the beauty of the eyes on the Mexican ladies.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 08:25 PM

Now we will see if certain politicians will still "follow the science".

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Now we will see if certain politicians will still "follow the science".

The Dallas judge has been pretty quiet these days. He's back to Judge Whatzizname.
Posted By: gander

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Flyfisherman
..Yes same here..thumb
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 08:41 PM

Great!

Now I can go back to making out with randoms.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 08:43 PM

I'm still wearing mine in certain circumstances. They will come back in a month or two and say it was a mistake to say this now.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo
I hope so!
I saw a lady pull into the line of a drive thru in front of me, that had her windows up and wearing a mask.
When she got to the pay window she stuck her hand out with her cash, and she was wearing a surgical glove.

I just don't understand when I see people alone driving down the road with a mask on. I guess they think it is in their car?
Posted By: Bad93ex

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 08:56 PM

I just don't understand when I see people alone driving down the road with a mask on. I guess they think it is in their car?

They're following the science

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 09:04 PM

Inoculated.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Originally Posted by Jimbo
I hope so!

I made fun of those people as well until one day I came out of the gas station and was on the phone. Got distracted and drove nearly all the way to work and never noticed I still had my mask on. So now I give those folks the benefit of the doubt that they just forgot.

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 09:56 PM

CDC = Neanderthals
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 09:57 PM

I wore mine at work for several months when I had allergies. I will continue to wear them whenever the pollen is up.

Being ugly like I am, a face mask had other advantages.
Posted By: Gixxer1k

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 10:09 PM

They're following the science

roflmao
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by ko bass attack 27
The only thing i liked about the masks was how it accentuated the beauty of the eyes on the Mexican ladies.

roflmao
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 10:27 PM

Sounds like progress to me!

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 10:40 PM

Time to end the extra unemployment. That will stimulate them.
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 10:46 PM

If you're just now saying " bye" , the sheep are hurting around you
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 11:11 PM

I never wore one......anywhere!
I was asked once to put on a mask, I told them to provide me one if that’s their rules. She looked around , then waved me on in.
I would have left if they told me I could not come in, no fussing or anything but I dare say I would think twice to ever go to that store again.
I understand most of those people are only following orders so I won’t jump on them, heck they properly hate their job and what’s ask of them anyways.

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones
I never wore one......anywhere!
I was asked once to put on a mask, I told them to provide me one if that’s their rules. She looked around , then waved me on in.
I would have left if they told me I could not come in, no fussing or anything but I dare say I would think twice to ever go to that store again.
I understand most of those people are only following orders so I won’t jump on them, heck they properly hate their job and what’s ask of them anyways.

They shouldn't have to. thumb
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 11:24 PM

I think the CDC stands for the Charles Darwin Committee!
Posted By: CKINCAID

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 11:38 PM

I bet Washington state governor will still say keep wearing mask everyone hammer

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/13/21 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by CKINCAID
I bet Washington state governor will still say keep wearing mask everyone hammer

MA did.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/boston-massachusetts-response-to-cdc-mask-wearing-in-public/36423196#
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Oldrabbit
I think the CDC stands for the Charles Darwin Committee!

Let’s keep this^^^^ clap
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 12:29 AM

I'm not going to wear a mask all summer, but I'm not going to throw them in the trash either. Keep them in the closet. Five-10 years from now, we might need them again.
Posted By: wiredog

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 01:05 AM

CDC also says not to eat raw cookie dough or medium rare steaks. Man are they missing out.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 01:11 AM

Hoax

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 01:35 AM

I thought mask were to protect you getting someone else sick and fully vaccinated people could carry the virus asymptotically? If this is true why no more mask? If I’m carrying the virus asymptotically and sneeze on an anti-masker/ anti-vaccinated person couldn’t they still get Covid 19?

It’s like forget what we advised last week, and the week before that likely contradicts the week before that etc…. No wonder America is so divided on this subject.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider

roflmao

OMG I never noticed.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Hoax

Sham
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek

Just show them the cdc graphic:
[Linked Image]

roflmao
Posted By: CKINCAID

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Trickster
Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider

roflmao

OMG I never noticed.

LIAR
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Flyfisherman

I am with chitbird here.
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by n2ratfishin
I thought mask were to protect you getting someone else sick and fully vaccinated people could carry the virus asymptotically? If this is true why no more mask? If I’m carrying the virus asymptotically and sneeze on an anti-masker/ anti-vaccinated person couldn’t they still get Covid 19?

It’s like forget what we advised last week, and the week before that likely contradicts the week before that etc…. No wonder America is so divided on this subject.

That question has been asked. The answer was to the effect, that they didn't know the answer to that question when the vaccines were first approved. The trails were not designed to access if a vaccinated person could still carry and transmit the virus. They erred on the side of caution and assumed they could until real-world data could prove otherwise. Apparently, they think it has by now.

The flaw in this that I see is that we don't know why vaccinated people haven't been spreading the virus. Is it because of the vaccine, or because they are (still) wearing mask? It' s obviously not a perfect study because it relies on compliance from the general public. I know mask compliance has declined in the last 6 months, and they do too, but viral spread has also decreased with the vaccination effort.

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Gusick
Originally Posted by n2ratfishin

That question has been asked. The answer was to the effect, that they didn't know the answer to that question when the vaccines were first approved. The trails were not designed to access if a vaccinated person could still carry and transmit the virus. They erred on the side of caution and assumed they could until real-world data could prove otherwise. Apparently, they think it has by now.

The flaw in this that I see is that we don't know why vaccinated people haven't been spreading the virus. Is it because of the vaccine, or because they are (still) wearing mask? It' s obviously not a perfect study because it relies on compliance from the general public. I know mask compliance has declined in the last 6 months, and they do too, but viral spread has also decreased with the vaccination effort.

From what I have heard today, it's because one study in Israel and 2 studies in the USA of the vaccinated population has shown more data that they could adjust their recommendations on mask wearing for vaccinated people. Vaccinated people can still get Covid 19, but it's a super small percentage, and those have not had severe cases nor hospitalizations/deaths. The viral load is less in the vaccinated people that get a case of the virus and they are less likely to transmit to anyone, including a non-vaccinated person.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 10:11 AM

Our company policy remains unchanged. Masks required anytime your inside the facility and away from your desk. Regardless of whether you’ve been vaccinated or not.

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by buda13
Our company policy remains unchanged. Masks required anytime your inside the facility and away from your desk. Regardless of whether you’ve been vaccinated or not.

Same.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 10:39 AM

It's pathetic that I've grown so accustomed to wearing one that I feel like I'm without my underwear when I don't have it on in public. I hate that 'humiliation" feeling....
Posted By: MV

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 11:09 AM

Mask must of help with the flu . Didn’t hear much about its

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 11:17 AM

Thanks for the logical answers.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 11:56 AM

Killed the economy and low gas prices as well, an idiot with a pen is more dangerous that a jerk with a tweet.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 12:13 PM

Instead of just throwing them away, kindly recycle. Thank you.

Be sure to wear one, if you choose, next flu season (starts in October)
Mask wearing and hand sanitizing have been very effective at preventing influenza spread.
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 12:16 PM

The only thing that POS has killed is the integrity of the USA.

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX

Mask wearing and hand sanitizing have been very effective at preventing influenza spread.

there's no such thing anymore.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 12:31 PM

I quit wearing a mask 2 weeks after my vaccine. If a business still requires me to wear one, they don’t need my business. I followed their rules for a year of my life. I’m done with mask and social distance.

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 12:38 PM

I wouldn't wear them outdoors at all if fully vaccinated from the covid, crowds or no crowds.
Man wasn't built to walk around in a sterile environment.
Allergies, and other bugs might be kept away but then once the mask is gone we have lost our immunity to common every day bugs where we once had built up immunity.

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

Trump cured the flu.

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 12:48 PM

If you suffer allergies and still suffered with them wearing the mask then that is proof that the mask wouldn't have kept you from catching the covid either.

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 02:04 PM

Because people wore masks.
I wish they would publish all the numbers that bear on this subject.
We always have doubters no matter how conclusive the information is.

Comparing flu for the last 20 years, if its as low as reported in 2020, we who look at it will have good insight into what caused that to happen.
With Covid, I wish they would publish data that shows how many people died from Covid after they had the shot compared to people who did not get the shot. Again, if it shows something conclusive the same lame brains will deny the evidence.

IMO right now Covid is winning in that so many who choose to not get vaccinated may allow it to survive till the next season. If the vaccine is found to be needed every year we will go through this again, just like the flu shot instead of wiping it out.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 02:05 PM

I did that when Abbott said as much, weeks ago.

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1

Because people wore masks.
I wish they would publish all the numbers that bear on this subject.
We always have doubters no matter how conclusive the information is.

Comparing flu for the last 20 years, if its as low as reported in 2020, we who look at it will have good insight into what caused that to happen.
With Covid, I wish they would publish data that shows how many people died from Covid after they had the shot compared to people who did not get the shot. Again, if it shows something conclusive the same lame brains will deny the evidence.

IMO right now Covid is winning in that so many who choose to not get vaccinated may allow it to survive till the next season. If the vaccine is found to be needed every year we will go through this again, just like the flu shot instead of wiping it out.

The flu was knocked down more from the sanitation measures than the mask wearing. We were all Adrian Monks in 2020 and that knocked down the flu cases.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Throw Those Masks Away! - 05/14/21 02:12 PM

You maskers should stitch those things together and make a warm blanket to wrap yourself in. The world is a scary place.....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum